Matchday Thread: ICT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Am I right in thinking that all our home wins this season have come when we have been shooting north in the first half?

Yes indeed. I was thinking this myself. Who won the toss the other day? We went north (into the wind) in the first half. Although, I always prefer the team to head towards the Caley Thistle support in the second half, it can help subdue a noisy away support. If Aberdeen were pushing for an equaliser in the last few minutes and got a corner in front of their fans, the roar and encouragment would have really motivated them (in theory). At the other end of the park when Aberdeen got a corner, it does not have the same effect. I don't think Caley Thistle fans at home get behind the team to the same extent as an away crowd does. Various variables such as the 'road triip bonding' and of course alcohol play a part. Therefore, in terms of motivating the team, I don't think it matters what way we play in the first half at home, but it can possibly help lull the opposition if they are going away from their support in the second half and pushing for an equaliser.

Edited by CapitalCaley

Thought McKay was excellent to be fair, He held the ball up really well, and battled for everything. Defence looked solid, Gillet and Golobart worked really well together. Davis was once again superb in the middle, and Foran looked like the player we know he can be.

Awful game though. Aberdeen are absolute garbage, and it'd be brilliant if they were to go down. The 3 points is all that matters though. If we can get a win on Weds night now then we can put some real distance between ourselves and the bottom teams.

Billy Mckay is the new Craig Dargo.