ICT V Ross Co Record Attendance ?

Ten4

I personally would like to see County in the SPL the money from these games would be very welcome when times are so hard

Pretty sure Sky would show one or two of these games live as well which would be a great advert for the highlands

There are negatives though losing match hospitality would be definite as they just seem to do it better in Dingwall somehow, sponsorship and investment would also drop with a second SPL team playing from the same area

What could be embarrassing though would be the increased gates at Victoria park as they would dramatically increase and would more than likely average out more than our poor attendances sadly

The other worrying thought is that of Grant Munro coming back to haunt ICT think most of us know it's going to happen one day and the way things are shaping out it's starting to look like it's going to be next season

dougal

• Agree 2

We wouldn't be playing at home on the same day as County if we were both in the SPL. We might have to work harder to sell advertising and hospitality though as we'd have more competition but that could lead to us improving our service. One boost would be that we will have established relationships with advertisers and local businesses. The big danger to that would be if we were relegated and County went up.

As for County falling away in the second half of this season, I think they will hang on to win the league. When Dundee stumbled they had us on their tail and I don't think there's a team as good as our class of 09/10 in the current First Division.

Still 4 others in the hunt really, Dee, Bairns, Plastic Whistle and Livi. Dont think Livi will stay close, but the dark horse to me is Partick. They are starting to click under Mcnamara, and they already have a very good defence. See how close they get as they play each other this week coming.

By the way, Falkirk took 1000 up to the recent County game. So home fans were around 3000 for their biggest game of the season, and thats with their stats man giving it 1,2, miss a few 23, 24 miss a few 45 and so on

County always seem to have better gates than us when we're in the same division. Generally we have better gates than them when we're in a higher division.

If County do go up (and we stay up), there will no doubt be a wee bit of interest in the first derby or two, so there may well be a record attendance.

Sorry to sound gloomy but I can't see subsequent derbies breaking any records and I can see a general drop in our attendances as a result of both teams being in the SPL. It won't do them any harm though.

Best keep the upstarts in Division 1 or 2, where they belong!

Some people on here have short memories.

With 2 highland teams in the SPL it would bring another derby into the sights of TV execs generating more income, more advertising, a general football buzz around the area creating more new fans for both teams.

County always seem to have better gates than us when we're in the same division. Generally we have better gates than them when we're in a higher division.

If County do go up (and we stay up), there will no doubt be a wee bit of interest in the first derby or two, so there may well be a record attendance.

Sorry to sound gloomy but I can't see subsequent derbies breaking any records and I can see a general drop in our attendances as a result of both teams being in the SPL. It won't do them any harm though.

But yon cheating cnuts count the feckin eyes. The big advantage of Tinkerville being promoted is that it means that we will be safe from relegation next season. What was the record attendance for Caley v County ? I can recall bumper cup crowds in the 70's, especially when we went to Dungwall.

We had years of MacGregor pumping money in and playing a propaganda war to try and make C(o)unty look like a bigger club than ICT. They punch well above their weight but if you ask the real crowd obsessives on P&B like P(a)r(t)ick and Dundee and St Midden they're all very suspicious about how the crowds at Viccy Park are publicised.

I love having our neighbours doing just slightly less well than us. But it's a very delicate power balance - if they get up and stay up while we struggle like 2009 it'll be black days indeed for us.

• Agree 1

With 2 highland teams in the SPL it would bring another derby into the sights of TV execs generating more income, more advertising, a general football buzz around the area creating more new fans for both teams.

Why would a ICT vs Ross County derby in the SPL be any more appealing than say Motherwell v Hamilton from last season. ICT and Ross county are diddy teams when all is sed and done...with VERY limited appeal..so why people think it would be so appealing outwith the 6000 or so that would turn up for the game, is beyond me

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 2

Still 4 others in the hunt really, Dee, Bairns, Plastic Whistle and Livi. Dont think Livi will stay close, but the dark horse to me is Partick. They are starting to click under Mcnamara, and they already have a very good defence. See how close they get as they play each other this week coming.

By the way, Falkirk took 1000 up to the recent County game. So home fans were around 3000 for their biggest game of the season, and thats with their stats man giving it 1,2, miss a few 23, 24 miss a few 45 and so on

I have even spoken to County fans who say they didnt know how Ross County attendance figuers were arrived at, as they reckoned attendances were always a lot less than publicised. Im sure...i might even of heard that County aoutomatically add in all their season ticket holders on top of the actual attendance...so some people are counted twice

I have even spoken to County fans who say they didnt know how Ross County attendance figuers were arrived at, as they reckoned attendances were always a lot less than publicised. Im sure...i might even of heard that County aoutomatically add in all their season ticket holders on top of the actual attendance...so some people are counted twice

C*unty have a bigger support than ICT but not as good a team .

Why would a ICT vs Ross County derby in the SPL be any more appealing than say Motherwell v Hamilton from last season. ICT and Ross county are diddy teams when all is sed and done...with VERY limited appeal..so why people think it would be so appealing outwith the 6000 or so that would turn up for the game, is beyond me

1. Motherwell/Hamilton are 2 different sized clubs with Motherwell generally winning these games
  2. ICT/County arte both similar sized clubs with a fairly even recent record against each other
  3. It's something new and that will always be attractive to TV audiences
  4. It could stem the flow of future generations heading south to watch Jedward

I have colleagues down in English-shire that have already been asking about the Highland derby in the spl. Like all derbies their would be interest, and the tv income and expanded crowds would always be welcome for that season

Agreed