Your Scotland....

Action Man

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Brown, for instance, couldn't be Prime Minister if Scotland became independent.

Not quite true Hamish, he would be able to claim English citizenship just by choosing to stay down there and so is welcome to the role of English PM

He's presently MP for Dunfermline East, Alex.... He would need to capture an English seat to become Prime Minister of England...

Welcome home, Hamish....

Gordon Brown, for instance, couldn't be Prime Minister if Scotland became independent.

Not quite true Hamish, he would be able to claim English citizenship just by choosing to stay down there and so is welcome to the role of English PM

He's presently MP for Dunfermline East, Alex.... He would need to capture an English seat to become Prime Minister of England...

Welcome home, Hamish....

Cheers Johnboy, although I'm writing this from back in California as I'm here for a conference until the 19th. And I'm sure GB will secure some way to be Prime Minister by hook or by crook. His talk some months ago about celebrating 'Britishness' was laughable by the way!

Prime Minister of England.. Hmmmm... Got a nice ring to it that.... Of course the Queen would also have to become Queen of England.... not since Queen Ann has that been the case.....

Nominations please for who should be Queen of Scotland......

To answer ICT Away's question about oil revnues, such matters are governed by international law and there is no question that by employing long accepted protocals th vast majority of the oil feilds, and with them the revenues, would be in Scottishterritorial waters. There's not a thing that the rump of the former UK could do about that.

Of course companies could decode to relocate elswhere but they would only do so if it was in their economic interests. An autonomous scottish gvernment would be foolish to do anything to disturb existing large companies headqurtered here and might be well able to attract others.

Yes, e would have to excercise fiscal prudence but surely we're beter placed to represent and advance our own national interests than a Westminter government often with very different, sometimes conflicting, priorities.

Well, I guess I'm in the oddest postion of all, in this debate...

I don't live in England, aint Scottish either, but...

If Wigin could gain Independece from that shower in London I'd be all for it...

What do them Southerners know about Wigan, ne'er mind Scotland, we're

only 196 miles north of them, yet they think we're beyond the pale.

If places like Estonia, Latvia, Croatia and the like, are confident about their

ability to make it in the World, then why would anyone in Scotland be less

certain that Scotland could compete !

Drop these leeches off yer ***, you can stand on yer own feet in this World !

I wish you the best in gaining Independence, sod that lot south of Warrington...

Canada Bob.

Techincally, the Queen could remain the Scottish Monarch - although I have absolutely no reason why we would want her or any of the hangers on.  In fact, when we become Independent we should throw all the leaching royals off our land and reclaim it for ourselves, either that or we should impose some kind of "Royalty Tax" upon them.

Prime Minister of England.. Hmmmm... Got a nice ring to it that.... Of course the Queen would also have to become Queen of England.... not since Queen Ann has that been the case.....

Nominations please for who should be Queen of Scotland......

Nobody......In all the history from Robert de Brus to the union of 1707 there has never been a king or queen of Scotland. The title was always king or queen of Scots. they resided over the people, not the land.

• 1 month later...