Mark Brown staying put

Queen Beastie

We've heard it all before.

"I'm quite happy to stay" (to honour the year remaining on his current contract) is hardly a commitment to stay at the club. He's just doing the sensible thing and keeping his options open.

Given that Utd's keepers are all p1sh, Brewster and The Grocer will be happy to pay the £50k or so that will be needed to tempt ICT to sell rather than lose him for nothing next summer.

As Yngwie says it's nothing new to us really. A real sign of commitment would be 'Yeah I'll stay and I want to sign a new contract while we're at it.' I can't see that happening with Broonie. Another seaosn like this and his stock will be that wee bit higher. Maybe a return to Rangers beckons for him?

Worth a ****-of-alot more than £50k in my mind, but as with the other players they are all contracted for at least another year, and so will cost money.

CC says in the P&J that he is confident of keeping the same squad for next season.

Now, if this is what CC thinks fair enough, but how do we progress from this season? do we need better players, does he need to sort out home form? does he need more ftom the players that are there?

If his ambition is purely to stay in the SPL, we have the squad to do it, thats all.

I'm refusing to panic. I think we go through the same thing every season but always come out the better once all is said and done. As has been said a hundred times before the grass isn't always greener... and although there are the odd exceptions, most havn't gone on to the bigger and better things expected after ICT. This club is a great place for a player to come and thrive, either by recapturing old form, i.e Dargo and Wyness, or start a career, i.e Blackie, Brewster, Robbo.

For any player, leave if you must, but we will go on without, as in so many cases - You won't!!

Woohoo check the shiney forum!!

took me a while to realise how to get here but such is life :wink:

Scotlands number 1,

Scotlands number 1,

Scotlands number 1,

Scotlands number 1

Delighted one of our players actually realises the importance of loyalty... just need the rest of them to jump on board for nest season!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I predict that Brown will get his big chance on the Scotland trip to Japan (while Gordon's on Cup Final duty), in which case his profile will be even more in the public eys.