Matchday Thread: ICT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

really need a pushy reporter if trying to listen to match on OAM ..... Chris Hogg is too polite, waiting until he is asked to comment instead of butting in !!!!

• Agree 1

Chris Hogg seemed anything but excited, couldn't believe my ears when he said we scored. Regardless a replay with a man missing is fine by me.

Aye, somehow I don't think he's going to become a regular on Open All Mics. Agree, though, not a bad result at all after an early sending off.

FFS East End Park is sh*te at the best of times never mind a mid week game! Is Gillet suspended for the cup or the league? At least it's another away game to look forward to this month :twothumbsup:

Every penny counts as well with the cup gates!

Edited by CapitalCaley

Is Gillet suspended for the cup or the league?

It will depend what the sending off was for in the refs report.

certain things - like violent conduct - are next match regardless of competition, whereas others are next match in the same competition.

I think it's fair to say it is now official - 'Useless' Euan Norris is the worst official in Scottish football. Not content with screwing us over against Rangers, he appeared determined from the outset to allow our opponents to take liberties all over the pitch. The sending off of Gillet looked a bit fishy to me - Kenny appeared convinced he'd won the ball - and certainly there was plenty of protest that Barrowman was offside as he put Dunfermline in front.

Two incidents summed Norris up - in the first half he pulled up Barrowman for his umpteenth foul and clearly gave him a 'final warning' chat; a minute later Barrowman hacks someone else...and Norris stops him for a long chat again. Then, right on half-time Dunfermline's defensive wall refused to retreat for a free kick even when the ref stood where he wanted them to be. Instead of booking one of them, he gave up when he got them 8 yards...and then ignored the fact that one of them raced out so they were about 5 yards from the ball when the free kick was taken.

About the only thing that cretin of a referee got right was adding on six minutes for the obscene amount of time wasting the Pars did in the second half - though I don't know why he can't book the time wasters as well as adding on the time.

If I was a Dunfermline fan, I would be horrified and ashamed by their second half performance. They never had any control over the game, even against ten men, and seemed content simply to camp out on the 18 yard box and see the game out. Entire civilizations have risen and fallen in the time it took them to make one substitution. They managed all of two speculative efforts on goal in the second period, as far as I can recall.

As for us, we were pretty hopeless with eleven men, but I thought we did about as well as you can expect in the second half. Tuffers is the main villain of the piece - it was his horrendous air-shot on a backpass which led to the Gillet dismissal, and then he only managed to palm the resultant freekick straight to Barrowman. Frankly, he had bugger all else to do for most of the game.

Our back four did a pretty good job today. Piermayr did well when tucked in at centre-half, though Coxy looked a bit uncertain when he was shunted to right-back. Once again, Golobart was superb. Barrowman took one look at him and clearly decided "I'm not up for taking him on" - so nothing has changed from when he played for us.

Most impressive for me was Foran, who I felt gave a real captain's performance today - he led by example with fantastic effort and seemed to be still urging everyone on even when all was lost. He's had plenty of criticism this season (much of it warranted) but since moved into midfield he has looked like a different man.

The big message to take away from this game is this: If Dunfermline are like this every week, then there is absolutely no chance we are going down.

• Agree 8

Good score in the end, might mean more money, good chance the replay will be on the TV.

I was thinking this as well, but I reckon it'll be Hamilton v St Mirren which would be the more likely televised match.

A fairer result would have been both those teams losing today in what was a desperately poor game of football. I can't be bothered typing much about that game because it was so bad so I'll keep this brief.

Not sure what happened with the Gillet sending off but it looked like a fluffed clearence by Tuffey and Gillet pulled down the Dunfermline player as he was heading goalwards. Maybe the highlights will clear it up. The resultant free kick was smashed goalwards but Tuffey blocked it however Barrowman dispatched the ball on the rebound but there were huge claims for offside from our guys.

After this I expected Dunfermline to pick us off on the counter attack but they seemed more interested in timewasting and feigning injury. It was like watching Hamilton all over again!

A monumental balls up by Chris Smith (fresh air kick at a pass back) let Hayes in to grab an equaliser for us right at the end of the six minutes of injury time which, I assume, were added because of Dunfermlines aforementioned timewasting.

Goals aside I genuinely cannot think of much else that happened in the game but it was atrocious for large parts. Crowd was 1,600 odd and I do not blame those who stayed away today. They missed absolutely nothing and saved themselves about £15 (at least) by not going.

• Agree 1

I didn't even think Gillet fouled their striker. I thought he just got his body inbetween him and the ball and if anything he was fouled. Only seen it in real time though, the replay will clear it up. But once again the players looked astounded that he'd been sent off