Replay is live! Switched to Wednesday 18th.

Caleyuntiltheend

Excellent if true! Can't make away games during the week due to work, so this will be an evening spent in front of the TV with a few beers :drinking05:

Good bit of cash for the club as well (Sky = £70k odd from what I remember, plus a share of the couple of hundred folk that go)

FFS. I've just organised myself for a half day next Tuesday for the game. Glad to get the Sky monies though!

Yet another short-notice change to schedules. Hope no one has booked trains etc for the Tuesday! I might head along to it. Working in Glasgow during the day though.

Rarely get to see anything about ICT now on T V, or video (apart from the ICT webpage highlights) and the BBC have successfully stopped all overseas radio broadcasts,so I feel as if I am slowly being starved of news.

It's sad and it's also changed days when service meant at least as much as making money for the BBC and their ilk.

Is it perhaps a sign that you should put your 32p to good use :ponder:

I'm looking to get down to the game. For £10 an adult, who could complain.

I', guessing many people will stay in sneck knowing it'll be on tv... Could just be myself and the mrs in the away end at this rate :shrug:

Unfortunately I won't make this one now either due to other commitments.....commitments that also mean I won't be able to watch the match live. Grrr!!!!

SKY + ?

Rarely get to see anything about ICT now on T V, or video (apart from the ICT webpage highlights) and the BBC have successfully stopped all overseas radio broadcasts,so I feel as if I am slowly being starved of news.

It's sad and it's also changed days when service meant at least as much as making money for the BBC and their ilk.

I was given an internet radio and tv player dongle at christmas which picks up 20,000 radio stations and 5,000 tv stations globally,it even picked up the recent old firm match, didnt need to watch it online of course as I watched it on tv but just wanted to see if I could find it, it might be of use for the overseas comrades but I dont know how much it cost or even if it works ok outwith the UK. Its a PROlectrix usb worldwide Internet Radio and TV Player.

They cost around a tenner radio is good quality and the tv quality is what you would expect from streaming, this link may also be useful for connecting to the tv

Edited by 12th Man

Unfortunately I won't make this one now either due to other commitments.....commitments that also mean I won't be able to watch the match live. Grrr!!!!

SKY + ?

Yeah, but prefer to watch it live so I don't have to avoid finding out the result beforehand.

Rarely get to see anything about ICT now on T V, or video (apart from the ICT webpage highlights) and the BBC have successfully stopped all overseas radio broadcasts,so I feel as if I am slowly being starved of news. It's sad and it's also changed days when service meant at least as much as making money for the BBC and their ilk.
I was given an internet radio and tv player dongle at christmas which picks up 20,000 radio stations and 5,000 tv stations globally,it even picked up the recent old firm match, didnt need to watch it online of course as I watched it on tv but just wanted to see if I could find it, it might be of use for the overseas comrades but I dont know how much it cost or even if it works ok outwith the UK. Its a PROlectrix usb worldwide Internet Radio and TV Player.

Doubt that would work for Radio Scotland outside UK. According to various TV forums, that usb stick uses the iRadio service http://www.iradiopop...dex_player.html which basically just grabs free to air channels and although you may pick up coverage of OF games or something like that from time to time, the BBC is actually quite good when it comes to blocking their broadcasts geographically.

Aside from having streaming audio on the club website (something that may happen as the site develops), or ultimately streaming video (a larger proposition with additional costs), which the club would not have to block outside the UK, the only solution I have found that works for me, and works well every week is to pay for a UK based VPN connection.

At its most basic in terms of explanation, the VPN connection establishes a private, and encrypted 'tunnel' from my computer to a server in the UK and it is this server that requests the commentary or video feeds from the relevant website. As the server is in the UK, the IP address and other identifying info is also from the UK and that allows most content to be viewed from a website which has simple IP blocking in place. In addition to IP blocking, the BBC also invoke other layers of the OSI model for authentication and as the VPN also modifies these, I am normally good to go. This is another reason why simple proxies will work for some sites but not usually for streaming audio on the BBC which relies on more than a simple IP address.

Scarlet (or any other overseas user) - if you wish to discuss further, I can give you more info.

edit: I should add, that while the VPN does allow you to access UK radio and some TV broadcasts, it is not a means of bypassing subscription based or paid content sites eg. SkySports or some other channel where you might be able to pay to watch something.

Edited by Scotty
clarification

5th round live game are:

ICT or Dumfermline v Celtic Saturday 4th Febuary 12.45 k.o Sky Sports

Rangers v Dundee Utd Sunday 5th Febuary 12.15pm k.o BBC

Hearts v St. Johnstone Sunday 5th Febuary 2.15pm k.o Sky Sports

We all pretty much knew it would be a live game anyway. At least it's on the Saturday as well and not an awful k.o time either.