Celtic in the north stand?

ictbob

Alex - I thought the price of £15 was pretty reasonable for the cup game. Remember last season for the Elgin game, it was only £10 and Elgin had more fans there than us. I don't know what the reason is for poor cup crowds but the attendance for the Dunfermline game was a disgrace for Inverness as an SPL "city". I am a season ticket holder but have no issue with paying for cup games and if some season ticket holders do, I really fail to see why. While prices for league games needs to be looked at at, some supporters f ICT also need to taake a long hard look at themselves as well when it comes to cup games. Should we end up playing Celtic in the next round, I am sure the "supporters" will as usual be clamouring for their tickets.

Huisdean its not just ICT. I speak to fans of other teams, both Scottish and English, and they all say the same. The financial climate doesn't help either. Example Man City v Liverpool League 3rd Jan...Crowd..47,131. Man City v Liverpool Carling Cup 11th Jan....Crowd 36,017. Both those games were mid week. 10,000 drop in crowd for what is a very big fixture between two teams only some 27 miles apart. people just dont seem to see cup games as being anything important unless their team actually reaches the final.

Firstly we have to get past the pars then worry about the celtic game. If we do get through then playing celtic to reach the last 8 is a game that most ICT fans would love to go to. The away support already get about a third or the ground by having the whole of the south stand so i would be totally against giving them any more. I dont think at any other SPL ground do the old firm have such i high percentage of the seats so no way should get any more

Absolutely no effing way will I give up my seat in the North stand for that scum. Apart form the fact I don't like the main stand because it is exposed to the excesses of the weather, as a point of principle we should not be giving up any more of our stadium to allow more of the dark forces of evil to come up here and misbehave.

What is the point in televising it if not to allow most of their fans to watch it in their own pubs and armchairs? Sky mostly only televises matches involving the Old Scum and that's why I don't have Sky.

We have already had the start of the slippery slope and it was intimidating enough having that shower in the "West" stand the last time they were up here. We don't wish to be completely hemmed in. If the club gives in then first of all I will not pay to watch the game and secondly I shall demand a refund on my season ticket.

• Agree 1

I actually feel that giving Rangers and Celtic the West Stand and part of the Main Stand was a mistake. Now people will say that the club will get more money, but I don't care, ICT ain't going to go bust because of it. It used to be that the OF fans were off at the other end, but now that they're in the West Stand as well, they aren't far from the North Stand at all, particularly those that sit over towards the right of it and I thought the atmosphere was far more tense because of it.

Lets take Rangers out of the equation here - the only team that ever seems to contribute any crime/arrests/problems/damage at the Caley Stadium is Celtic. Now, anyone who's ever been to Celtic Park will tell you and I've had fans of other clubs tell me that this isn't unique to us, the atmosphere there is dreadful. At Ibrox and essentially other stadium in the country the home fans either sit and watch the game, or if you do get any grief, it's from 14 year old neds. Not at Parkhead. Forget what some people say about it only being "small pockets" or "minorities" of troublemakers, no, a good chunk of the Celtic home crowd are nothing but scum. The last time I was there I witnessed adults with kids shouting at the ICT fans really for no reason at all! I even saw one bloke sitting with his son who must have been no older than eight or nine. The Green Brigade did some stupid banner/camp looking card presentation and this idiot shouts in-front of his son at the small section of ICT fans - "Look! That's how you do it! That's how you do it!" His son will almost certainly grow up to be no different from him, ie - a moron.

These people are idiots. Absolute idiots. We should try and keep the amount we let in the Caley Stadium at an absolute minimum and weed out the one who try and infect the home end, if not they'll be more trouble at games as time goes on, and knowing Celtic, it'll be "our fault".

• Agree 1

Agree with above I didnt like the West stand being used like this either but I can see that the club saw it as a way or raising extra money and possibly keeping them out of the home seats. We had the same thing as described at Ibrox before Christmas. In the section to my left there was a young boy who was about 8 yrs old at most giving us "the finger" egged on by his big brother or young dad. Was horrified that this kid was being indoctrinated like this and unfortunately he will probably be doing the same thing for the rest of his days. Im so glad my kids support us and not the OF. Not to tar all OF with the same brush but I would rather they were not exposed/involved in all the crap that comes with them.

I think people may find, if they were to investigate further, that it was the police who decided to use the west stand and not the club. It would be against SPL rules for the club to sell tickets for standing areas. It may even be that a large number of forgeries etc, and a big crowd trying to get in at once resulted in too many people for seats so to keep control the police chose to shepherd some foke to that area.

I'm not saying that is what happened this time but it has happened before and could well have happened again.

I've just been advised that the safety certificate granted when the completion of the works was signed off will not allow away fans to occupy the North Stand. In this regard it is also questionable whether they can occupy the south wing of the Main Stand and the West "Stand". Apparently the club's Hon Secy should be able to confirm this.

:rules::fingers:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been advised that the safety certificate granted when the completion of the works was signed off will not allow away fans to occupy the North Stand. In this regard it is also questionable whether they can occupy the south wing of the Main Stand and the West "Stand". Apparently the club's Hon Secy should be able to confirm this.

If the home fans don't buy the tickets, then they surely can't have an issue if the club want to look at ways of maximising revenue. I'm certain that the club wouldn't even have thought about using the North Stand for away fans, but now that this has been suggested I wouldn't be surprised if they give it some consideration for next season. I can tell you for sure that they are disappointed with the uptake from the North Stand for the cup game, so this might be something to think about. At the end of the day if the stand is full of ICT fans there will be no room for 'away' fans

• Agree 2

I'm sure others have probably discussed the reasons for people not buying tickets (particularly at this time of year) before so I'll no go into that.

However - If for example 2/3 of sections at the west end of the north stand were used for away fans the home fans would presumably not be able to access the food and toilets at the west of the stadium as the fans would mix. Therefore the majority of the north stand and the whole main stand would have to use the facilities within the main stand, which I'm sure could lead to a bit of a messy situation, plus what about ST holders in this (now away fans) area? Would it be a case of 'sorry you can't have your usual seat, but your mate in the next section over can, tough' It would alienate a good number of folk who are the people actually buying tickets.

I'm sure there's a good number of people in the north stand supporting Celtic anyway!

Regardless, if this benefit cap is introduced Celtic ticket sales will plummet anyway.! :laugh:

Edit - repeated myself, not for the first time!

Edited by fraz

If the home fans don't buy the tickets, then they surely can't have an issue if the club want to look at ways of maximising revenue. I'm certain that the club wouldn't even have thought about using the North Stand for away fans, but now that this has been suggested I wouldn't be surprised if they give it some consideration for next season. I can tell you for sure that they are disappointed with the uptake from the North Stand for the cup game, so this might be something to think about. At the end of the day if the stand is full of ICT fans there will be no room for 'away' fans

Really? The same game last season in the cup had over 6.000 at it, and that was midweek. I would have expected this to be pushing a sell out!

Fair enough for the home fans that don't buy tickets but not for the home fans that do.

It will never happen that the police would allow visiting fans in the North stand........................not unless, for cup games, the club decided to sell the north stand and half the main stand to the visitors and put the home fans in South.

Don't understand that Alex, what's the difference between the home fans being in the North or South stands, wouldn't make any difference.

It will never happen that the police would allow visiting fans in the North stand........................not unless, for cup games, the club decided to sell the north stand and half the main stand to the visitors and put the home fans in South.

Don't understand that Alex, what's the difference between the home fans being in the North or South stands, wouldn't make any difference.

The visitors would need to have the north end of main stand as well as north stand so as not to clash with the hospitality area