Dunfermline -V- ICT

Scotty

Phew! It sounds as though we rode our luck a bit there. Dunfermline are a poor side but they could well have put the game out of sight by half time. Perhaps these two matches and the prize at the end of it are the change of luck we need and there won't be such a nervy performance again. But what on earth was going on with Foran and Hayes? Is the atmosphere within the club not as good as we are led to believe? That sort of thing does not happen to guys who get on well together.

Anyway. We won and that's the main thing.

Quality wise very poor first half, slightly better second with the introduction of shinnie.

Tacticly fantastic by butcher, bringing shinnie on at ht livened us up, and then ross with 5 left gave us energy in extra time, well done to the 54 away lads and lasses!

Bring on the greens

Tuffey was outstanding as was Golobart apart from one or two mishaps. Wonder how bad his injury is, hopefully not as severe as it looked.. Andrew Shinnie, what a goal though. Made an immidiate impact and changed the game completely. Well done guys, BRING ON THE HOOPS !!! :twothumbsup:

Edited by madsooz

TB told sky he asked Foran to wind up Hayes to get him going - I suppose yes I do agree with this kinda motivation - maybe Jonny was showing off because

Neil Lennon was in the stand ! Lennon probably thinkin ``thats my kinda guy`` !!

• Agree 1

Just back from the pub where I watched it with two or three other Scots. Haven't read all of this thread so apologies if I am repeating anything already said.

Pretty dire first half, Tuffey keeping us in it. Good substitution at half time. What a difference A Shinnie made. We controlled most of 2nd half and most of extra time. Two cracking goals by Andrew Shinnie and Tansey.

Another good substitution near the end of the 90 minutes. Ross also made a difference in extra time.

Didn't see the dust up between Foran and Hayes on the box. Guessing that Hayes took exception to Foran's loud mouth. Still, what a pair of plonkers! Lucky that neither of them had received a previous yellow.

Several great performances tonight - Tuffey immense, more than made up for his error in first match. Tokeley excellent. Tansey excellent. Hayes excellent. A Shinnie excellent. Golobart ? I can't make my mind up, absolutely outstanding at times and then again a bomb scare at other times. All in all though, I think his brilliance outweighs his lapses. I hope his injury is not serious.

On the minus side I thought that G Shinnie was poor, especially for Barrowboy's goal, and also his distribution in general.

But, hey ho, a win is a win. Roll on the 'Tics.

Good night with the non-travelling support in the Caley Club, absolute respect for the 54 ICT fans that did go, you looked well chuffed on sky. 1st half was dire, 2nd slightly better, but be honest - you have to feel sorry for Smith. He shouldn't be allowed near any sharp objects, bridges etc. tonight. Golobart was good again tonight, hope that the injury isn't as serious as it looked-there was a fair degree of twisting going on. G. Shinnie was bullied off the ball at the opener, and Rosscoe looked off the pace to start with. No idea what was going on with Foran & Hayes, but Jonny looked like he'd had enough of whatever it was. I'm happy with that result, though.

• Agree 2

And in answer to the thank you card..............maybe it should be a get well soon card as there must be something wrong with him?

How about "Condolences on your sad loss...........of form, of career, of friends........."

• Agree 1

We have added an option to give the ref a score too. For now, this is just a bit of fun but we may instigate a league table for refs in the future.

I think there's a flaw in the rating options offered - based on SPL refs this season, surely "Average" and "Terrible" are the same thing!

And in answer to the thank you card..............maybe it should be a get well soon card as there must be something wrong with him?

How about "Condolences on your sad loss...........of form, of career, of friends........."

....and several thousands of pounds of revenue for the club ...

From what Butcher said, it sounds like Foran was given the task of firing Hayes up on the park....job done I would say!!!

The camaraderie among our squad has to be the best we've had in a long time, so I'm sure it will all be forgotten by the morning (if not already).

• Agree 1

nervous performance to begin with, best thing that happened to us was Barrowboy scoring, woke us up and allowed Tel to scatter a few cups at half time. Cox seemingly took a knock and dealt Terry's hand with the half time sub. Tel told Foran to wind Johnny up, throttling did the trick but think the ref could have red carded Johnny for his reaction as in slapping Foran he caught the ref too. I actually thought we controlled most of the game after the first twenty, without doing anything worth while. Shinnie changed the pattern when he came on and our attacking ploy turned the game thankfully.

Roll on the Tic, but Lennon wont be worrying on this performance

Phew! It sounds as though we rode our luck a bit there. Dunfermline are a poor side but they could well have put the game out of sight by half time. Perhaps these two matches and the prize at the end of it are the change of luck we need and there won't be such a nervy performance again. But what on earth was going on with Foran and Hayes? Is the atmosphere within the club not as good as we are led to believe? That sort of thing does not happen to guys who get on well together.

Anyway. We won and that's the main thing.

No I don't think so.............the Pars are a shockingly poor side and enjoyed the few miniutes of adrenalin rush afforded to them before we overwhelmed them. It's not a verb that sits well with us but in honesty we bossed three parts of that game and should have won it sooner. Let's be more assertive about our side, especially with the likes of Shinnie and Tade and Hayes in the team..............we are going places.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

nervous performance to begin with, best thing that happened to us was Barrowboy scoring, woke us up and allowed Tel to scatter a few cups at half time. Cox seemingly took a knock and dealt Terry's hand with the half time sub. Tel told Foran to wind Johnny up, throttling did the trick but think the ref could have red carded Johnny for his reaction as in slapping Foran he caught the ref too. I actually thought we controlled most of the game after the first twenty, without doing anything worth while. Shinnie changed the pattern when he came on and our attacking ploy turned the game thankfully.

Roll on the Tic, but Lennon wont be worrying on this performance

Maybe thats a good thing.

hey, off to the tennis forum for you...............

I am overjoyed at this victory. Too many gloom merchants looking at us as relegation fodder and just another team. We are neither. We are a decent team and deserve a bit more respect from more than just our own fans,

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Hey, i wasn't criticising our team :(, i was just saying that maybe it was good for Lennon to see us not playing as well as we could because he may underestimate us now, maybe i worded that wrong, if i did, i apologise.

Foran gave Hayes a piggy back from the pitch last night so I guess all was forgotten. We were not great to be fair and the Pars are a poor team. Golabart was playing decent until his own bit of skill did him. Good result, keeps the Pars thinking they are never going to win a game.

Well done boys!

Lennon would be a fool if he thinks last nights performance will be reflective of how we will play against Celtic. Granted, that was the poorest performance, in parts, for a long time but it has to be remembered that there was a great deal of pressure on the players and management to achieve a result last night because of the major financial rewards attached to a victory. That, I think, had an impact on our performance.

I have to say I don't think either Foran or Hayes should be fined cos it shows a passion for the club. If we were winning comfortably and that happened then there's issues but I am quite pleased to see how much both wanted the win. Dire game but right result so our roll to hampden continues :wink:

Just what was Toby Sure and B Gorra argueing about?

I hope they both get a good kick up the bahoochy and a substatial fine - particularly the captain!

neksor

At the time, I would have agreed. However, as it seems Butcher instructed Foran to get Hayes fired up then it would be a bit remiss to be dishing out any punishment for it.

Granted, it might have gone a bit further than intended and being carded as a result was kinda stupid...but hey ho, we got the result and I think, given the explanation by Butcher and the fact everyone was friends again come the final whistle, then we should just shrug it off and forget about it.