Dunfermline -V- ICT

Scotty

I am one of the 54 cool.gif

Terrible first half performance from us, we just didn't get going and offered nothing up front. On Saturday we didn't offer much in the first half other than long range shots, we failed to match that this time. We also looked relatively disorganised at the back, with Barrowman exploiting space behind our defence to spurn a great early chance. I think that we looked more solid with Golobart and Gillet rather than Golobart and Tokely as our centre half pairing. The only chance we created in the first half was when we got a man free on the left but we dawdled and ended up bobbling a ball back to Smith.

I missed the Pars goal as I was going for a bridie laugh.gif Having just watched it on the BBC website, Graeme Shinnie should've done better with the cross, he was ball watching and Barrowman exploited that well to nod home. I don't think many in the Caley end could have complained about us being down and everyone knew we'd need to buck ourselves up to get back into the match.

As it happened we didn't need to buck ourselves up, the Pars handed us a lifeline with a horrific defensive mix up. A terrible header from Keddie went looping into the air and the confusion and timidity of the Dunfermline back-line saw Smith and Rutkiewitz in a fankle which gave Jonny Hayes his second tap in in a fortnight. Absolute calamity from Dunfermline, I feel a bit sorry for Chris Smith because it wasn't entirely his fault but looking at the incident you can see the lack of confidence and leadership from Dunfermline shine through.

For the rest of the half I thought we did well and Tade could've done better at the end of a strong run from the left but could only win a corner. Dunfermline forced Tuffey (much improved from his last showing) into a couple of saves but we had the best of it, albeit without forcing a winner.

IN extra time we strolled away with it. Andy Shinnie showed us what we've been missing this last month with a stunning drive into the far corner, completely unstoppable. We looked comfortable throughout the extra period and, after spurning a couple of opportunities, sealed the win with a neat goal from Tansey sending us home. Worth mentioning the stunning save Jonny Tuffey pulled off as the game petered out.

The crowd was poor but there was decent banter between the fans. I didn't hear anyone saying anything about NOrrie McCathie, what was that about? huh.gif

The fact they were so passionate about it was almost a turning point for us. If they didn't care and were not getting fired up then we should be worrying. Fining players for arguing with each other? FFS, get a grip! Also Hayes had a particularly poor game by his own standards I feel, Foran wasn't the only one getting frustrated wuth him.

And 54 away fans? Where the hell does this tosh come from? I'd say there was double that, maybe even a few more.

Must admit i expected a poor game upon arrival last night and got one. We were awful in the first half. We were too slow getting forward and when we did we dithered the ball about at the edge of the box before eventually losing it. Dunfermline probably deserved to be in front at half time and had it not been for Tuffey it would probably have been worse.

Andy Shinnie made a terrfic impact in the second half, space just seemed to open up more for us and chances were beginning to develope. However i dont think anybody could have anticipated the nature of our equaliser. I thought the one at TCS was funny but the one last night was hilarious, between Keddie, Rutkiewicz and Smith they managed to give Jonny an even easier goal than the first to level it up. A Shinnie nearly added another but a Smith pulled off a great save to keep it level.

Dont know what Hayes and Foran were arguing over but was not a nice sight to see them going at it as furiously as they were, glad they patched it up though.

Butcher brought on Ross at just the right time imo. Extra time was looming and McKay did next to nothing during the game and Ross looked dangerous when he came on and after A Shinnie's rasper to put us in front, Ross provided a great piece of skill to skip past his man and set up Tansey who took it brilliantly first time. After that Tuffey pulled off another great save from a looping header to hold the 2 goal advantage. Ultimately i think we deserved this one. Whatever was said at half time worked and the subs made proved to be a real turning point.

Special mentions for Tuffey and Golobart. Like Smith, Tuffey's confidence wouldve been fragile but unlike his counterpart Tuffey had a great game. Made some excellent saves and showed some terrific handling. Golobart was solid throughout and the tackle he made on Thomson towards the end was nothing short of brilliant, was gutted to see him going off and only hope his injury is not serious, we dont need to lose him too. Andy Shinnie deserves a mention too. I cant remember the last time i saw a sub come on and make such an immiediate and lasting impact on the game. Think its time for him to go back into the starting 11. Bring on the Celtic!

Have to say the ref dispite making a balls up over the injury time, did us a right favour in lead up to Shinnies' goal. Played a great advantage when there was a foul against us on halfway line. We are quick to criticise the inconsistent and terrible refereeing on show in almost every game, so its only right to praise a ref when they get some thing right :salute: .

Definitely more than 54 fans. I was one! Agree with all the reports. First half dire but what a difference A Shinnie made and also Nick Ross played well. Maybe time for Nick to get a start and Billy Mackay on as sub later. Thought the latter was a bit ineffective last night. ran around a lot but didn't create anything. Time to take quicker and more accurate throw ins too.

TUFFEY :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Some may say that the Pars were woeful finishers but he saved us last nite. How the feck do we keep him as a reserve keeper - hope that he didnt put himself in the shop window with that display. I would be loaning him out with an immediate return clause if Esson got injured

PIERMAYR :banana: :banana: :banana: Solid enuff and that is the most I ahve ever seen him in an attacking full back role and crossing was also better than usual.

GOLOBART :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Another promising display but - does anyone agree ? - he started trying to be too smart near the end and lost his poise and concentration - plus he didnt need to do the showboating turn which led to his injury. However I sincerly hope that it was more a case of Spansh playacting than an injury.

TOKELY :banana: :banana: :banana: Suspect that Rosscoe was thrown in at the deep end last nite but he doesnt disappoint does he ?

SHINNIE G :banana: :banana: :banana: Glad that he has got a reprieve. I think that he is equally effective going forward as he is defending. Only minus mark was that he got muscled out by Charlie bannerman fer the goal.

HAYES :banana: :banana: I was spitting feathers at him just before Foran lost his cool. What an annoying, inconsistent little erse he can be. Perhaps we expect too much of him but when he turns it on he is unstoppable but when he gets frustrated his head goes down and he wasted so many opportunities to impress last nite.

COX :banana: :banana: :banana: Afraid I thought he got outpsyched by Mental Martin

FORAN :banana: :banana: :banana: willling worker and always looking for the ball and finding space for others. He must get so frustrated when he sees displays like that from Hayes and Tade in the first half.

TANSEY :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Sneaked my MOM last nite - certainly his best display that I have seen - only negative is what has happened to his dead ball free kick prowess ?

TADE :banana: :banana: :banana: Yet another frustrating erse but, unlike Hayes, had a good second half and extra time and he wouldnt be one that I chose to grab by the throat. Opposite of Muversmell performance. looked lost in the wide position but revelled in the free role of striker.

MCKAY :banana: :banana: :banana: For a wee man he doesnt half hold the ball up well. We havent nearly seen the best of him - can you imagine what he would be like with an out and out centre forward beside him ?

SHINNIE A :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: As Sky rightly pointed out he changed the whole complexion of the game but really should have started. Gutted if the metatarsal injury is correct.

TERRY AND MO :banana: :banana: :banana: Got it wrong first half - too defensive and too deep. But give them their due - they changed it round at half time which they rarely do - changed to a more attacking formation and it paid dividend in the end.

TANSEY :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Sneaked my MOM last nite - certainly his best display that I have seen - only negative is what has happened to his dead ball free kick prowess ?

loss of confidence. he started off the season superbely full of confidence which reflected in his free kicks hit the post and always forced a save. now they are going over the bar a couple more goals and maybe they will be back

We also had to explain to them that we were singing and clapping because Inverness had scored three goals..................and they had scored one.

Why did all the oompa loompas think they were so tough??? were we supposed to be scared lol.

As for 50 odd fans, watch the highlights, turn the volume up and listen when shinnie scores.