"Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job"

RiG

Well Clachar, in the time that he has not yet proved himself to you his predecessor has proved to his new boss that he was not fit for the job and that is with players that are touted as being better than ours, money being paid that is higher than ours SO lets have less of the CC knocking and accept that we will go through good and not so good times.

When your manager has been recognised as manager of the month a few weeks ago does that not tell you something about his ability?

Yes he is still learning - maybe his subs could have been used better - maybe he put out the wrong team on occasions - maybe some of the players need a nudge at times but those points could all be made to CC/Strachan/Ferguson etc etc.

For Heavens sake give the guy a break!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He left to go to a club that were his boyhood hereos, a club he scored the winner in the scottish cup final for,a club were hes a legend ,aclub that has so much more money than us, a far superior stadium training facilties and fan base anyone in the right mind would of went!  :015:

DUFC's training facilities are a public park on the outskirts of Dundee. At least we have a fort as our backdrop, not a load o'hooses.

A lot of the fans making comment against CC on this forum, although they may have dropped the Rangers / Celtic tags, still have the mentallity....if we dont win every game we're sh!te and need a new manager........grow up people and look at the real world.

Thank God for people like absent friend. You are a breathe of fresh air and a welcome relief from the obsessive negativity of people like CH2 who seem to need football as a means of expressing there dis satisfaction. I think football managers play a very important part in society. How would people like CH2 otherwise find a means of moaning?

Well Clachar, in the time that he has not yet proved himself to you his predecessor has proved to his new boss that he was not fit for the job and that is with players that are touted as being better than ours, money being paid that is higher than ours SO lets have less of the CC knocking and accept that we will go through good and not so good times.

where did i say i was brewster fan, any inexperienced managers wrong for us just now!  christie has done ok so far, i never said he was a failure, just said it could easily happen.  anybody who denies that is living in f#cking dreamland!

"Thank God for people like absent friend. You are a breathe of fresh air and a welcome relief from the obsessive negativity of people like CH2 who seem to need football as a means of expressing there dis satisfaction. I think football managers play a very important part in society. How would people like CH2 otherwise find a means of moaning?"

obsessive negativity?  say consistant realism myself!  dont get carried away when we jammy a win against a poor rangers side and dont have knee jerk reactions to toothless perfomrances like against motherwell, some of you guys need to get real to how close we are to slipping back into the mire that is the first division and whos fault that will ultimatley be.  thats not a negative thing to say, its a mathematic fact.

we arent there yet though, and cc has to justify this support hes getting now because he will never get another chance to do so

Guest Sandy Cromarty

First and foremost this is a forum, it is a platform to air our views and discuss the pro's and con's of ICT, as I have said before it is not a tearoom for pals to swop howdies, Bonzo's and Clacher's points are just as valid as any other post and they have to be taken on board as criticism of the present situation as they see it, it is not democratic to blindly dismiss them as fools, for me I think they have been very brave in sticking by their opinions and I applaud them for widening and opening the discussion on the management otherwise this forum would be worthless.

'Alan Morgan is a lot better player than roy mcbain!golabek and mcbain should be heading for division 1 or maybe even peterhead for good.'

Then why is Morgan not starting every game? why is Roy getting a 3 yr contract? do you know something ICT dont?

Last time i saw Morgs in the reserves he was gash. he will be offski!

I know that by posting this Im contributing to my own point but this thread at 82 items is one of the longest threads that theres ever been on an ICT football matter.

Fans from other clubs will be reading this and laughing like drains at the turmoil they misstakenly think there is within ICT.

Why do the fans of the fastest developing club in Britain over the last 12 years whinge so much? In fact for some reason since the club got to the SPL the whinging has got even worse. Its really such a shame that some of you cant just enjoy the massive success you're club has had. But on the other hand as I said earlier I think some people just need football as a means of expressing there dissatisfaction with somethng deep down.

Smell the coffee for God sake folks!

First and foremost this is a forum, it is a platform to air our views and discuss the pro's and con's of ICT, as I have said before it is not a tearoom for pals to swop howdies, Bonzo's and Clacher's points are just as valid as any other post and they have to be taken on board as criticism of the present situation as they see it, it is not democratic to blindly dismiss them as fools, for me I think they have been very brave in sticking by their opinions and I applaud them for widening and opening the discussion on the management otherwise this forum would be worthless.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, for and against, and if someone doesn't like someone's point of view then they can post it.  No one is being "shot down" or "dismissed" there are just more people that disagree.  What annoys the **** out of me is how bozo, midge and the rest of the boo boys only ever appear on this site when things aren't going well and ask for the manager's head.  Yet when we were on an unbeaten run and they had nothing to complain about the board was remarkably quiet  :024:

I think Clacher's post is fair enough (although very negative) because he gives an explanation rather than the rest of mob who just don't seem to want to give Christie a chance.

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

I know that by posting this Im contributing to my own point but this thread at 82 items is one of the longest threads that theres ever been on an ICT football matter.

Fans from other clubs will be reading this and laughing like drains at the turmoil they misstakenly think there is within ICT.

Why do the fans of the fastest developing club in Britain over the last 12 years whinge so much? In fact for some reason since the club got to the SPL the whinging has got even worse. Its really such a shame that some of you cant just enjoy the massive success you're club has had. But on the other hand as I said earlier I think some people just need football as a means of expressing there dissatisfaction with somethng deep down.

Smell the coffee for God sake folks!

You mean all of us who hand over our hard earned cash, week in, week out just so's we can exercise our right to hurl abuse at everyone from the referee to the ball boys, might have some underlying problem?  :017:

Very sinister.... Thanks for that... Sigmund  :024: 

reading again whats been said about the manager and the state of the team has made it pretty clear where the biggest difference between those who apear to be anti-christie and those who apear fanatically pro-christie, its in what we all think will happen if he doesnt do well.

im getting the impression those of you that back him so passionatly think the cost of cc not being upto scratch is we'll maybe finish about 8th or 9th, get knocked out of a cup early, lose a player or two and thats it.  whereas myself and one or two more think that if he fails we'll get relegated and we'll have to potentionaly wait another 10 years for spl football to come back.

all ill ask is that those passionate christie fans try and analyse our season overall, taking into account performances on the pitch, recent results and the current form of the improving teams below us.  is christie doing a good enough job to keep us up?  in my opinion no he isnt and id hope that most on here wouldnt be blind to that purely because they want to back the boss.  also id hope that as has been said most will still say hes time to change things, just not as much time as many of his fans would wish for.

using this '1st division squad' line again is not a defence of christie, we dont have a first division team anymore and havent for 2 years.  our squad is good enough to challenge the top 6 and when we are on song can compete over 90 minutes with anybody in this league, we've proven it dozens of times.  that doesnt necessarily mean our fortunes changing are inevitable though, somebody has to take real control of matters quickly before we start dropping even more points to our rivals.  is christie upto the task?  i seriously hope so, a continuation of miserable form will see us rock bottom by january and itll only get harder for him.

the comment about other clubs laughing at this topic is dead right, ask any seasoned fan of a club like kimarnock, motherwell, dunfirmline etc if they think we made the right move in taking on charlie?  think most who are totally neutral who say no, as every other club in scotland has had experience of club 'legends' falling flat on their ar$es once they get in the dugout.  they could well be laughing at the pro christie gang as much as anybody else as they will have all read the script before.

we'll be safe if we can play with determination and with a physical presence again, while not sacraficing decent football, its not rocket science, its upto cc now to prove we havent lost a major managerial gamble.

Taking a "Wider View" means looking at more than the last handful of games.  Look at the season so far as a whole and you'll see that it's not as bad as you try to make out.

CC must have been doing something right to have got us up there to start with, so I think it's wrong to dismiss him as totally unproven.  Yes, he is still learning, and yes he will make mistakes...but his overall record to date doesn't present any evidence that we are heading for relegation with him in charge.  OK, so we've had a bad run....chit happens and it won't just be us it happens to.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

D, as I said before most teams in the SPL import a few players in the close season and sometimes it takes time for them to blend,apart from Rankin and McSwigger ( who we don't use) we didn't follow that route so we were strong from the gate, now we are seeing those teams get it together and making it harder for us so it could be said  that we enjoyed a False Dawn. Over the last few weeks Charlie has tried various combinations to absolutely no avail so I would say that our next option is to refresh the team in January and spend money, we have no other choice.

And as you know I'm with Clacher on the ist div players, low budget, punching above our weight crap thats bandied about as excuses for our poor show, we are in OUR THIRD SEASON in the SPL by MERIT with these players, so stop this sheit of selling ourselves short, I am feckin sick of it, be proud fer fecksakes and stop feeling inferior, Highland and Proud ya baastards.

D, as I said before most teams in the SPL import a few players in the close season and sometimes it takes time for them to blend,apart from Rankin and McSwigger ( who we don't use) we didn't follow that route so we were strong from the gate, now we are seeing those teams get it together and making it harder for us so it could be said  that we enjoyed a False Dawn. Over the last few weeks Charlie has tried various combinations to absolutely no avail so I would say that our next option is to refresh the team in January and spend money, we have no other choice.

And as you know I'm with Clacher on the ist div players, low budget, punching above our weight crap thats bandied about as excuses for our poor show, we are in OUR THIRD SEASON in the SPL by MERIT with these players, so stop this sheit of selling ourselves short, I am feckin sick of it, be proud fer fecksakes and stop feeling inferior, Highland and Proud ya baastards.

:fighting03: :fighting04: :fighting03: :fighting04:

Sandy, even someone as naive as you cannot fail to notice the fact we are paying the lowest wages in he SPL and from that fact alone we are defying SPL hierarchy, thus punching above our weight.  In no way am I "selling ourselves short" but on the flip side you seem to want to undermine ICT's achievements so far, and fail to realise that we have a long way to go before we can class ourselves as an SPL club.  How you can say that our players are SPL standard and then go on to say that we need to refresh the team in January is a total contradiction.

Going back over the last 2 months we've played:-

Rangers (a) win.....great result one of the best in our short history.

Falkirk (h) win....tremendous comeback, showing great character.

St Mirren (a) draw....good enough result

Aberdeen (h) draw...extremely unlucky to lose 91st minute equaliser

Hibs (a) lost....played well enough until Brown gets S.O.

Celtic (a) lost... again played fairly well. Scoreline hardly surprising.

Hearts (h) draw... Wyness had a couple of chances to win, and we should have.

Motherwell (h) lost...poor performance, didn't deserve to lose to a 90th minute penalty.

I seriously think that there is a complete over reaction to the Motherwell loss. The team in my mind has been actually been playing relativly well in the last couple of months.

Good assessment Stevie....

It was a poor performance aginst Motherwell and we were unlucky to loose to a last minute penalty....

A 0-0 draw would have been a fair result and had we got a couple of breaks, it could have gone our way....

It's certainly not the end of the world.......

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Harry and Johnboy ................. I don't post on here often, mainly because I feel I am just beating my head off a wall with guys like you who cannot see what is happening.

This is not a case of posting after one loss!

We have been poor ALL SEASON.

This season we have been playing the worst football I can remember.

Incredible good fortune got us into an ummerited high league position early on -

but we will continue to slide downwards and our only hope is that some other team will prove to be even worse than us.

We have failed to score in four successive games.

The fitness levels and discipline of our players is falling.

We are a team totally without direction - we play with NO tactics, and our solid back four is all that has kept us from isolation in 12th place.

Please open your eyes.

Im afraid I quite agree with Bonzo for most.

We have been poor for the majority of the season not all. Fitness levels seem to be slipping but with certain key first team players **** bent on eating junk food and drinking copious amounts of alcohol it doesnt suprise me( Maybe they should take a leaf out of John Rankins book). Our back four have certainly been the most consistent, our midfield need not be there as the ball is often hoofed over them in hope that it will be won by one of our strikers. .and the strikeforce yes what strikeforce. However I am a bit more optimistic. Charlie is on a personal mission and will give his all - he is only in his first full season and he will learn from the experience. I do not agree with a lot of his selections or tactics be he is on a learning curve. However next season he will require a lot of support from the board mainly financially to assist him - we will inevitabley lose three key players Brown, Dods, and Dargo  - so invariably we will require an impetus of fresh bodies but they will come at a cost.  I feel we will stay up of course, but we are a long way off top six.

I eat lots of junk food and consume copious amounts of alcohol.... certainly hasn't done me any harm..  :014:

Regards our form so far this season, I still regard ICT as newcomers to the SPL... Too many seem to think we should continually be somewhere well within the top six....  Who else has come into this league in recent years and performed any better?

We've just come through a series of tough games, and granted, our form against Motherwell wasn't all it could have been, it's still not the end of the world....

If we do however suffer a heavy defeat tomorrow, I will conceed you might have a point.... I doubt very much that will happen.... :022:

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I have a bad feeling about tomorrows game - hopefully I will be proved wrong  :006:

................and so do I !!! Christie pleas get it right ( DARGO IS NO SACRIFICE DARGO IS A LEGEND)

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I'm sure the fans want to support Charlie Christie, if only he'd show some enthusiasm and imagination it'd make a big difference - we'd become 'Charlie Christies barmy army'. He's just too stoic and unresponsive! Chuck the Armani suit and the mineral water - it makes you seem aloof. Get yourself a team tracksuit and some of Peles brew boy. And give the players a pat on the back when they come off - let's see some team spirit.

This is not a criticism, more an observation, but... I think we lack real width in the team. We have never really replaced Barry Robson !! Ok we've got Barry Wilson to play wide but these days he tends to run towards the inside instead of beating his man on the wing. Our current width comes from Tokely and McBain/Hastings. I'd like to see Zander Sutherland given a start on the left to see how he does.

This is not a criticism, more an observation, but... I think we lack real width in the team. We have never really replaced Barry Robson !! Ok we've got Barry Wilson to play wide but these days he tends to run towards the inside instead of beating his man on the wing. Our current width comes from Tokely and McBain/Hastings. I'd like to see Zander Sutherland given a start on the left to see how he does.

agree