"Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job"

RiG

If you watch premiership games you will see that, often, the winger will pass the ball down the line to the same side striker, who has gone towards the corner, then run inside and pick up the pass back and, either have a go, or pass inside to the opposite striker, who should hopefully be in a good position. Andy Gray frequently points this sort of move out when analysing a game.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Naive Chibber lad, hmmmm? naw I don't think so cos I'm old enough to remember when there were two dots above the i in naive so I must have got some experience in the beautiful game over the years. Who says we pay the lowest wages in the SPL, another urban myth?? we have four players in the first team who had SPL experience before they came to us so their agents know the score and there would have been performance,goals and league position clauses in their contracts, we may not be paying much of a salary to the youth players but believe me there are a few in the first squad who are doing Ok.

Contradicting myself?? naw, why would I argue with myself when I have fools like yourself to play with, maybe something was lost in the translation when I said that I  know we are capable of holding our own in The SPL  but that recently we seemed to have lost our way and for me the solution would be to bring in fresh blood, simplicato.

Anyway you'll be cutting and pasting this now fer your next post and picking the usual holes, so I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience Chibber lad.

BTW where was yer valued team selection this week, friday was dull without it and Charlie must be at his wits end, oh dear. xxx 

Naive Chibber lad, hmmmm? naw I don't think so cos I'm old enough to remember when there were two dots above the i in naive so I must have got some experience in the beautiful game over the years. Who says we pay the lowest wages in the SPL, another urban myth?? we have four players in the first team who had SPL experience before they came to us so their agents know the score and there would have been performance,goals and league position clauses in their contracts, we may not be paying much of a salary to the youth players but believe me there are a few in the first squad who are doing Ok.

Contradicting myself?? naw, why would I argue with myself when I have fools like yourself to play with, maybe something was lost in the translation when I said that I  know we are capable of holding our own in The SPL  but that recently we seemed to have lost our way and for me the solution would be to bring in fresh blood, simplicato.

Anyway you'll be cutting and pasting this now fer your next post and picking the usual holes, so I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience Chibber lad.

BTW where was yer valued team selection this week, friday was dull without it and Charlie must be at his wits end, oh dear. xxx 

now sandy there's a lot of typing in your post.....  but have you actually said anything??

The whole situation at present could be helped if Dargo started putting the ball in the net on a regular basis, now be it down to either he ain't getting the service he requires or he ain't as sharp as he was at the start of the year it needs to be remedied, and ive got nothing against Bayne he is a good honest player who gets goals, but a Wyness Dargo combination back to their best would most definitely get the confidence back I'm sure. The team need goals this inturn will take the pressure off of the defence they know that once weve conceded a goal we then need to score at least 2 to win.

Guest airbornejake

Well i ha-vent posted for months because of those ostriches who don't like criticism, i am as u know in engrland and watch newly promoted Reading and my local team Portsmouth both sitting in the top half of the premiership, and there fans would expect nothing less. Reading first time up there, but ICT  fans seem happy to be 3 or 4 from the bottom. i suppose its what you think you are capable of. i think a bit more imagination from the fans would encourage a boring manager to select a different team and show some imagination and passion. well maybe not passion he would rather wear a nice suit than show passion. things are not going well, sort it out i know that like others before me, criticism of the management is not popular but ex player hero's don't go down well.  excuse the spelling had a beer or three.

whoever said we've been poor all seaosn is dead right, a late deflected shot from tokely and a dodgy free kick from rankin wouldve seen us another 4 points worse off than we are and in serious danger.

im going to say this now and really set out where i am, call it a knee jerk reaction if you want, but charlie christie has to go now.  if we get relegated it could be another 10 years before we get up again, whos prepared for that?

playing poorly, with no drive or tactics and relying on luck/odgy goal mouth scrambles to score and collect points is getting us exactly where we deserve  :007:

So the consensus then is :  ????

The  edge is off the verve. Enthusiam to run other teams off the park is no longer at a premium. Complacency is in to a degree.

The players are not as fit as they were under Brewster.

Some players are not getting intae it and helping out others as much as they could.

Some players are on junk food and pop ---and just don't get it.

Charlie's changes on the park are , well, always  a shade too late .

We have to Bring back Brewster because he was at least a good player on the park.

(That will never happen--mostly because he is too old and in any event could hardly be expected to show his face at Tulloch C. S without the booing affecting his performance. Eh?)

Three players at least will be gone at the end of the Season so that supposition justifies blooding several new reserves into the first team as soon as possible.

The lack of success is  contributing to the players' wilting and general Brewer's Droop.

It's all the Manager's fault and generally speaking all the players, apart from maybe some sterling members of the defence, are running around without direction or not seemingly  knowing their role.

The old SPIRIT  is sagging and may soon be gone.

I could go on but I'm almost there. All of the above may be true or not  and I don't know what the root of the problem is but I am listening to the radio every week and I think that there appears to be a grain of truth in all of it EXCEPT I think it is unfair to blame all on the Manager--frankly ridiculous as well.

The players are professionals  and must take responsibility for the action or lack of it on the park. At a crucial time in the game today a player takes a penalty , does not even get it on target and belts it a yard or so above the bar--SURELY a little bit of composure could have been used to keep the ball at least on target, score or no score--that's called professionalism from highly skilled and trained players...c,mon.

ICT seem to me to be at a bit of a crossroads and relegation battles are a possibility without a change in heart and spirit all round.  If Dundee United can do it why cannot ICT? Apparently DUFC are playing  some terrific football these days whilst only a few weeks ago their team was a shambles of disconcerted ,dispirited , disorganised, players looking more and more like relegation fodder.

It is certainly not too late for the needed changes to take place but decisive decisions and leadership appear to be needed immediately--mostly relating to the fitness and grit department without which the ordinary team cannot play consistently at a higher level than their alleged abilities would otherwise permit.

And whatever happens Mr Christie deserves to be given the support of all the fans andthe benefit of the doubt at least until the end of this  season. :024:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

'I think it is unfair to blame all on the Manager--frankly ridiculous as well'.

'If Dundee United can do it why cannot ICT? Apparently DUFC are playing  some terrific football these days whilst only a few weeks ago their team was a shambles of disconcerted ,dispirited , disorganised, players looking more and more like relegation fodder'

So what happened at Tannadice to turn it around Scar Pimp???

whoever said we've been poor all seaosn is dead right, a late deflected shot from tokely and a dodgy free kick from rankin wouldve seen us another 4 points worse off than we are and in serious danger.

Aye but you can turn that around and say that if the Aberdeen striker had hit the ball a bit further left a few weeks ago, or if Craig Gordon had made a mistake in the Hearts game, we would be four points better off.

Luck works both ways.

While I agree that things are bad at the moment, I think that we still have time to turn it round. Look at Aberdeen: poor at the start, now joint second I think. Don't see why we can't do that.

aberdeen were playing well and losing points while we're playing sh1te and losing points, big difference is that they were always going to turn it round and theres no sign of us doing the same.

i think ict fans have had it too good csince the club was founded, biggest problems we've faced have been replacing managers which is nothing when you compare to the sorts of things dundee, partick, st johnston, st mirren and hearts have gone through.  we've always had consistently excelent leadership at boardroom level and a playing squad better than we've been paying for, which is again credit to those at the top.

the flipsid of that is most ict fans are used to things always working out ok in the end, never have we been in a situation where its all gone tits up and we've been skint, leaderless or relegated.  think that might be why so many people apear to be 'burying their heads' on where we're going this year, the club isnt going to magically sort its shocking performances on the pitch out all on just because thats whats happened in the past, we need a comanding experierienced presence from the touchline and focus.  we've had it all too good in the past and we've taken what we have now for granted collectively, now its time to work for it and prove that we have matured to the point were we arent one hit wonders (so to speeak) or another livingston.

perhaps we need more from that excellent boardroom of ours to step in and save the club again, hire a manager who isnt affraid to drop his drinking buddies and knows how to get a tactic/message across to a team.

charlie has to go now while we're ahead in the relegation battle, we shouldnt wait until we're were untied (or dunfirmline) were when they sacked their manager.

Thank god none of you have your finger over the button....  Clacher you are right about one thing "ict fans have had it too good since the club was founded, biggest problems we've faced have been replacing managers" this is obvious by the mass hysteria caused by 3 bad defeats in a season and we haven't even made it to January yet :010:

I think Christie has shot himself in the foot by having an 8 game unbeaten streak because now our support expects this consistently throughout the season.  When has it ever really worked out for a board to constantly change managers as soon as the sign of trouble? In truth what happens is the team would likely have a surge of games where they do well, like United just now, then the same time next season when things aren't reaching the same high expectancy the manager gets shifted again... it's a vicious circle started off by FICKLE FANS!!

Christie has been brought in to stabilise the management side of things at the club while we have time to bring ourselves up to SPL standard off the pitch.  If that means we have to take a drop of form to insure that stability then I am going to stand by it, and show my team & manager my full support .  Christie IS still learning but is no more a novice than Robertson or Brewster were and yet I don't ever remember them receiving as much stick, it's as though people are losing faith in Charlie because he is from Inverness.... go figure that one out :017: :017:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

It's high time we adjusted our system - particularly on the attacking side, the other teams seem to have us worked out. I think we've got the attacking personell to play a technically superiour system to the long ball - scamble game (Dargo, Wyness, Black, Wilson, Sutherland, Hart, Rankin, Morgan, Keogh etc), it's just a question of whether or not Charlie knows what to do with them. Up to this point he hasn't shown us anything to suggest that he does.

Charlie is on a steep learning curve and I'm sure he will be the first to admit that he's made mistakes.  A good manager will learn quickly from these mistakes and move on to become more effective.  Charlie has an experienced person in Donald Park along side him, and he will be very important in giving the best advice and guidance.

I always thought the third season would be the hardest so far and although the current run is disappointing (albeit its included games against Celtic, Hibs and Hearts) I'm relatively content at this stage in the season to be 8 points ahead of the bottom club.

I feel that a scrappy win against Killie or Dunfermline will kickstart the season again and bring a bit more confidence back in the side.  The same set of players (and management) got us into a good position and I'm confident that they can keep us there.

Charlie and Donald have my full backing for the moment and that has nothing to do with him being an Invernessian or ex player.  I give all our managers backing until I see evidence over a realistic number of games that the manager is not having a positive influence on the pitch.  (For the record, Baltacha is the only manager that I've wanted replaced.

Another poor result yesterday but I still think it's little more than a bad run, which we'll come out of, basic reasoning for this is the fact that just 8 weeks ago everything was fine.

In fact it's really the last 2 games which have been poor. Too early to be pressing any panic buttons.

Exactly how Dunfermline perform under this guy Kenny will be very interesting. If the Pars start to pick up points, then there probably wont be a weak link.

Our game at East End Park in a couple of weeks looks like being huge, hopefully a win next week against Killie will see us take the 3 points but again, it's gonna be friggin' difficult.

For the first time this season I am concerned about the prospect of relegation. If we don't take at least 6 points from our forthcomong fixtures against Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Falkirk and St Mirren we could be in the mire especially if the Pars begin to improve under their new manager.

That said, Charlie was voted SPL manager of the month only a matter of weeks ago and deserves more time to try to turn things around.

High time for the senior players in the side to stand up and be counted.