"Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job"

RiG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No embarrasment at all .......... to be perfectly honest, the reason I rarely post on here is that I think the forum is quite poor. Pretty much the same predictable drivel over and over again, with anyone who dares to stand out from the crowd shot down in flames immediately.

Nothing wrong with the forum when you want to come on here beating down the team and manager any time we suffer a defeat or have a poor performance....and you talk about "predictable drivel" from others  :015:

Perhaps people would give a little more credence to your contributions if they were balanced and you didn't simply use the forum as a beating stick....where are you when the team is doing well and deserves a bit of praise?  I have just had a look through your contributions to this forum and I had to go back to September to find anything resembling any kind of praise for the team or any player...as for CC, you simply cast aside anything he does well under the heading of "luck" or "good fortune" and I doubt you will ever accept that he IS the manager and that he is doing a decent job with the resources available to him at present.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I think you have to weigh up what Charlie and Parky have done well against what they've done poorly. I have no doubt that we are more organized now, especially at the back - than ever before. We even seem to have detailed drills for throw ins! As I said in another post, nobody ever plays us off the park. We are a hard team to break down. It's at the other end - in open play - that we're a shambles!

We rely so heavily on Barry Wilson, when he has an off day there doesn't seem to be a plan B. Most of our chances come from set pieces, or errors by opposition defenders failing to deal with our long punts. Under Brewster we had similar problems with our tactics - but our attacking players seemed to cope better.

Dargo, Blackie, Morgan, Wyness and Tokely have all faded away since Christie took over. Brewster may have been a poor tactician - but our squad all seemed to be progressing under his tutorage.

To sum up, under Christie - we're better at the back, we're virtually the same tactically (although maybe a bit better at throw ins and corners - but worse in that Brewster the player used to make the long ball game work), we seem to have slackened fitness wise (I remember when we used to run teams off the park), our players have either tread water or gone backwards technically (Hastings is perhaps an exception), and we have been less effective in the transfer market. Overall not great! But you build your side from the back, and this strength will prevent us from being relegation candidates.

Well summed up Wyness and CaleyD. I think also that Bonzo makes a lot of good points, but they're made in such a patronising manner at times that I sometimes think it's Cyril the Squirrel in disguise  :010: :010: :010: :010: He'd also rival a Tim for paranoia. We all disagree from time to time but he thinks he alone gets shot down.

Now I had a 350 mile round trip yesterday in wind, rain, dark etc to watch what turned out to be a load of shecht, and at 9am yesterday I was seriously wondering whether to set off, but that's life.

Charlie's been about 9 months in the job. He's learning. He's a better boss than Brewster IMO (Brew's value to us was as a player), and we're in no real danger of going down.

Maybe Bonzo would elaborate on when we're due to go down the pan- is it this season, or next, or when? And does he ever watch the team away? Motherwell fans were just as animated when we went and did to them what they did to us yesterday (but to the tune of 4-1). Many people have said that  away teams is what the SPL is all about these days. Keep the home fans quiet, then get them on the team's back, then nick the points.

And there's more......

It looks like we're about to achieve 4 consecutive years in the SPL. The club is 12 years old FFS. We're arguably the wee-est club ever to play in the SPL. Yet we try to compete with the likes of Celtic, who get as many through the gate in one game as we get in a season.

We've never been thumped 6-1 like Well last week, or 5-1 like the Pars yesterday.

Teams who have failed to outlast our stay in the SPL in recent years include P*rt*ck, Falkirk, St Johnstone and St Mirren.

Also relegated recently were Livi and Dundee, and both Dunfermline and DUFC have flirted with relegation for the last 3 seasons. Most, possibly all, of these 8 can justifiably claim to be 'bigger' clubs than ICT.

Some people need a reality check. When we played Hibs the other week, only Brown and Dargo would be likely to get in the Hibs squad (I'd probably include Granty but maybe I'm biased). Yet we've consistently beaten them home and away.

For a young club with such a small fan base 7th is a feckin miracle for us. As Charlie says, by all means if we get to March and we're in a strong position then we can push for top six. Bear in mind, most years five places will already be filled by Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, all clubs with 5-figure attendances, leaving us to scrap with the others such as Killie for that last place.

I realise to hold opinions like these is like a red rag to some feckers like the Mr Angrys of the forum but tough sheit/shecht/sharn/keech  :015: :015: :015: :015:

The caller on Radio Scotland who started this debate is a gers fan and a steward at the ground, should he not have been watching the crowd rather than the game. :018:

I think CC is the man for the job however, as I have said before we have a very competent team lacking only that bit of magic that wins games, our defence is sound, we have quality stikers, we just need someone to run at opposition defences and create for others. Top six still on. :021:

I realise that Bonzo doesn't lead a (dog doo-dah) band of like-minded individuals on this site but what if he is correct?

We continue to draw from a well that was pretty much filled by Pele.

The verdict has been passed on Craig Brewster but is still out on John Robertson.

I don't think 10CC has done enough in terms of any changes, nor should he have done at this stage, to justify any serious deliberations on his abilities.

We must hope that he can do it for know and until we can grow to a level where we can compete equitably with others.

Are the club moving fast enough? Two temporary stands are the only obvious indication that we have moved forward at all since Pele headed east to be an urban man.

It’s a wee low spell at the moment and there has been a lack of entertainment at home. The exception was the exhilarating close to the Falkirk game.

It’s hard to see the gates improving with the displays we have witnessed.

The other side of the coin is that we are a team that can provide a match for the Old Firm despite the gigantic gulf that separates them from us.

I suppose that we'll just have to get used to being a small but tough fish in the top pond.

I don't think we will go down this season, but I would not gamble my Christmas money on it, especially if we don't start picking up some points soon.

If the worst happens at least we will see a return of the Highland derbies, or maybe we won’t. See, there is always somebody worse off!

My main concern is that, apart from that last 20 minutes against Falkirk, our performances at home this season have become predictable and boring.  Other teams are worldly wise to our style of play and send out formations at the TCS to stifle our midfield which is lacking pace and sparkle to open up defences. 

At 0-0 going into the last quarter, the last two games have been there for the taking if the right changes are made to liven up the side.  Charlie only resorted to all out attack when we were 2 down to Falkirk, but at 0-0 he seems to try and cautiously hold out hoping to sneak a late goal with little change to the style of play.  The fans want action and goals.  Look at the major exodus yesterday after what proved to be Motherwell's late winner. 

Our strikers need midfield players who can regularly give them clear scoring opportunities within the box not high balls and scraps to feed off.  Can anyone remember, without consulting the archive, when we last won by more than 2 or 3 goals at home? 

That said, I'm heading for Tannadice next week in the hope that Charlie and the team he selects prove that I'm wrong.

Guest ICtinAngus

Now I know that i don't come on here often, but I am getting concerned about the current slump in Inverness's fortunes.  From thrid equal to 8th is not good, and I think some people should really have some concern this.  Although I was happy to see CC get the job, I did think he had not been fully blooded.  Its fine to get your first manager's job in the 3rd or 2nd Divisions but the cut throat of the SPL is not a good place to throw an inexperienced manager.  Ok he has Donald Park but who else?  Brewster took all the back room staff with him on his dismal trip to Dundee.  What about bringing back Malky Thomson?  We seem to have an ambitious Chairman well lets hope this ambition follows through in the January window cause i am really concerned that we are about to get a hiding, if not.

Although I don't think we are good enough to get top six, I don't think we will be relegated (Dunfermline are worse than us) but we could be dragged into the fight very soon and if heads stay down, moral falls and we get humped by Utd this weelend, which is a strong possiblity.  Sorry for being so negative but it is the air down here.

Saturday's game was dire and there's no doubt that the goals have dried up recently.

However, we generally get beaten by Motherwell at home, the defence is still pretty tight and we are probablyabout where we would have expected to be in the table at the start of the season.

No crisis as yet especially as our next five games have the potential of yielding points.

We already have an experienced coach in Donald Park, i'm not sure Thompson would bring anything special to our club.

Scoring a barrowload of goals happens to us once a season, but i'm afraid with Bayne and Dargo, goals seem to be few and far between, both are good players but to me they dont seem to have much interaction on the park.

Dargo was saying in todays paper he has been subbed 11 times this season, now why on saturday would we take off last years leading scorer, who can score if given the chance and put on a raw 19 year old?  very very strange.

Instead of going 4 3 3 / 3 4 3 and trying to win ala Falkirk, we juggle a wee bit and hope for a draw.

The jury is still out on this one - get a better idea at the end of the season. However, I am concerned as sometimes I feel he has a lack of ambition and drive.We are now in our 3rd season in this league, although we do have a small wage budget its not THAT far behind the other teams, Scott Brown is only on £1200 a week!I think we should be aiming a bit higer than just staying in the league.

O YE OF LITTLE FAITH

Although yesterday wasn't the best let's put everything into perspective here... Christie has picked up far more points during his career than Brewster did.  Our home form, which was the major problem last season, has been a lot better and we have just played all the 5 teams in the league apart from Rangers... we aren't exactly scraping the barrell here

Sophia, Midge, Bozo, Sandy... where are you getting these high expectations from because we are currently doing better than we ever have done before :017:

Harry,

We've always done better than before, but we cannot continue to do so.

We now need to be very clever even to stay still.

Some tough times are ahead.

I don't understand why you think my expectations are too high, perhaps you can clarify.

Guest caley till AYE die

Charlie christie is not good enough to manage a premier league side. a couple of weeks ago we were minutes away from going joint second with hearts and since then charlie christie started saying in the papers that we were not safe from relegation despite being just outside the top six his negativity alone will probably drag us into a relegation scrap if thats the kind of mesages he is sending out to players and fans.The man is a joke and could possibly get us relegated this season! :008: