"Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job"

RiG

I havent read most of this thread as I cant be feckin bovvered but where CC is lacking is in the Sports Psychology department. Some of our players look "disinterested" and their heads go down if summat goes wrong. CC does not have the personality to motivate. I am also reliably informed that there is a bit of a backroom "revolt" about team selection. The new man in January will change it all...LONG LIVE ELVIS.  :022:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Midge, haven't heard from you in a bit.  Hope you are well.  No Charlie isn't away yet and I don't expect him to be.

Although for the first time I am looking forward to the transfer window as we do need to freshen things up a bit.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

For the first time in a while I'm actually feeling quite good about the gaffer. We played better football yesterday than we ever did under Robbo or Brewster. Let's see if he can sustain it.

I was of the opinion before the game that an improvement in peformance was required, oh how well we played in the first half, pity the defence was still in bed and couldnt match the rest of the team.

Now, however we need a result against the Pars, and i dont give a feck how we play as long as 3 points head up the A9.

Chris123,

The team's achievements are not in dispute from this quarter.

However, I invite you to differentiate between the team and the club.

Portacabin at the front door?

The portacabin will go when the two ends of the main stand are developed. There will also be a shop in town. When all this happens will be when there is enough committment from the fans to 'bring a friend' and increase the gate numbers.

Charlie, this whole bring a friend idea sounds great, but I have been trying for years to get people to come to Caley matches, especially in the central belt where the majority of our away games are.  The problems lie mainly in the cost of everything at the moment, the (not so) recent outing that we had to St Mirren (1-1) which is probably a better example then the game at Parkhead.

Ticket: £20 (my non-student friend)

Programme: £2.50

Train: £5

Drink: £2.40 a pint

Pies: £2???

It all adds up, and for some it can be too expensive.  That said, I have managed to convince 2 people to go to the Stirling cup match, and hopefully this will lead to me getting along more people for matches.

If Caley helped us at all, by allowing student booking over the phone (or internet) for home matches, then I would consider trying to get people up North for a day out, but at the moment, as it stands, it's too much of a hassle, and is money I cannot afford.

I understand your plight man which is one of the reasons I'd encourage people to join the trust. Sadly football in this country has become very overpriced. certainly compared to most other european countries. The Supporters Trust, in conjunction with other trusts, can put pressure on the SPL teams to make it a bit easier for those who can ill afford the costs.

Personally I, and my wife, try and get to as many games as we can, both home and away, and I wouldn't like to try and total the cost over a season but its probably a couple of grand if I count travel, accomodation, refreshments, shirt sponsorship, entrance etc.

For the first time in a while I'm actually feeling quite good about the gaffer. We played better football yesterday than we ever did under Robbo or Brewster. Let's see if he can sustain it.

Frankly, I find this sort of talk worrying in the extreme.

I just hope that, should the Board fail to take action very quickly, Charlie is man enough to demonstrate his alleged love for ICT by haning in his resignation at quarter to five on Saturday - following anything other than a resounding victory over Dunfermline.

Our team is in disarray, players are losing their sharpness, splits are appearing in the dressing room, players coming to the ends of their contracts are increasingly unlikely to stick around, squad players are becoming disillusioned, attendances are falling................................

to go back to the original point:

Charlie is NOT the man for the job.

Glad to know you're missing me - that's quite touching.

I'm an ICT Supporter - that's why I care deeply when the club is being led down a potentially disastrous path.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Bonzo pal you have every right to criticise the manager, you pay they play, thats the deal, but can I make a genuine comment to you which hopefully you won't take the wrong way, and it's this, why don't you post on a subject other than sacking the manager? if you took part in the general discussions that go on here in the forum then other members may not be so harsh with you, but to come on with the same old same old sack the **** is getting you nowhere and personally speaking it reeks of a personal vendetta.

I sympathise with your frustration but until you join the team your posts are regarded, rightly so, as smelly keech.

Okay Bonzo we all know how you feel, but to expect CC to resign tomorrow, even if Inverness win at Dunfermline is ridiculous, if he was inclined to do that, then he'd be as well handing in his resignation now.

Granted the team is on a poor run but they're not in dissaray.

And attendances don't appear to be down to me. We had 3700 against Killie last week. Last time they came up (feb) it was 3600. 3 weeks ago Motherwell came up and we got 3600, last visit was 3100

Bonzo pal you have every right to criticise the manager, you pay they play, thats the deal, but can I make a genuine comment to you which hopefully you won't take the wrong way, and it's this, why don't you post on a subject other than sacking the manager? if you took part in the general discussions that go on here in the forum then other members may not be so harsh with you, but to come on with the same old same old sack the **** is getting you nowhere and personally speaking it reeks of a personal vendetta.

I sympathise with your frustration but until you join the team your posts are regarded, rightly so, as smelly keech.

sandy, i have supported ICT for many years - and that is the ONLY reason why i want christie to leave. will you please all open your eyes.

i know it's difficult.

as supporters you want to think your team is doing well.

but face facts - under christie we are going down.

forget sentimentality - support the club - support the players - get CC out!!

puzzle part two .

arrange the following:-

tosser narrow a is mantis minded

I usually remove personal abuse from posts when I see it, but I'm actually going to leave it in this time so people can make up their own minds. Maybe other admin will see it differently though.

puzzle part two .

arrange the following:-

****** narrow a is mantis minded

I usually remove personal abuse from posts when I see it, but I'm actually going to leave it in this time so people can make up their own minds. Maybe other admin will see it differently though.

Thanks, Mantis. It's a tricky one alright, but I think I have it. Is there a prize?

Bozo :  :020:

You say you've supported ICT for many years.... Have I missed something? Was there a time when they performed much better, and achieved much more than they are just now?

I can't figure it out.... either you were in the running for the manager's job when Brew left, or you are an elaborate wind up merchant....

I agree with Mantis.... :022: