Scotty

yeah, noticed the "first goal" comment ... think he means first of the season ... he said that earlier. Also mentioned the Tokely substitution was our second .... I must have missed the first along with BBC, SKY, ESPN and eveyone else

lots of positives about today ... not the least of which is that its a win over Hearts, a team with problems off the park, but a team that prior to today had gone six games unbeaten and who skelped St Mirren stupid last week

Very nice result .... and as someone noted on twitter .... Kenny Gillet does like "a clean shit"

(twitter joke for those who follow @gilletkenny rather than bad language !!! A typo that will stick for a while !)

Take a bow, lads. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That was a superb performance in really difficult conditions; in the second half the wind was so bad that Ryan Esson's main concern was getting his goal kicks near the half way line.

A deserved win in the end, against a Hearts side who offered very little until the last 10 minutes. It could have been more but for the chalked off effort from Gillet in the first half, and the referee's refusal to give a pen for what looked like a blatant handball by Hamill in the second half.

The back four deserve plenty of plaudits for the clean sheet- especially since none of them played on Wednesday! I often moan about Proctor, but he was superb today and really handled Sutton well. Williams looks like a good old-fashioned British centre-half, and dealt with the conditions well. Gillet did his usual solid job at left back (should we keep him there or move him back to the centre?) and every time I've seen Meekings I've been impressed - hard to believe he's only 19 and I think he's a real prospect.

Our best players, though, were Tansey, who looked like the only person on the pitch who could pass the ball today and had his best game of the season, and Captain Fantastic Richie Foran, who continues to be a revelation in midfield. Considering the lack of running he seemed to do when he was playing up front, the workrate he has put in during the last few games has been remarkable.

I've just seen the table, and we're only two points off sixth place!

• Agree 4

Wow! what a result with such a makeshift team. Well done lads. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That's us up to 4th in the recent form league, level on points with Rangers.

Great to see Sutherland start and even better to see him score.

Happy to see the Pars win. They won't catch us and every point they take off other teams boosts our chances of top 6.

Great result, and to be honest we should've won by more. Totally dominated the first half, and it wasn't until the last 15 minutes that Hearts actually posed any threat.

Sutherland put the header in the one place he shouldn't have, straight at Kello...but luckily it managed to squirm under his body. Sutherland was awful in the first half, but gained in confidence after his goal. Defence was outstanding, both Williams and Proctor totally on top of the Hearts forwards. Tansey and Foran were both Excellent in the middle...but my man of the match by a mile was Johnny. Best I've seen him play this season, he tormented the Hearts defence from the first whistle.

Good game considering the conditions, and some interesting, but welcome, selection dilemmas for Terry for next weeks game.

Fantastic result! Can't fault anyone. Foran and Tansey dictated the game, Tansey having his best game in an ict shirt. Hayes was on fire and all 4 defenders were impressive. Also, good to see Shane putting in a excellent performance.

• Agree 1