Scotty

That must have been the worst first half i've seen for a while, we hardly passed the ball twice before giving it away, thank feck Kenny G had Imrie in his pocket most of the time.

What has happened to Tade? jeez he was poor today, unfortunately for us so was Shane so nothing really happened up front for us.

Claude looks like he could be a very good signing, sort of a Gregory with skill/Davis on growth hormones!

Thought Ryan was unfazed, Rossco gave his all( but gets caught out of position too often) Gillet was brill, Proc did fine but again some lapses in concentration almost cost us.

The rest (before subs were introduced) were shyte.

How the feck Nicky missed that goal i'll never know! also when tade got wide and put the ball along the 6yd line Nick seemed to watch the ball go past him, even jonny looked like he's signed a pre-contract with xyz.

Anyway as clean sheet and another point away from pars!

Bring on the Tims.

Disappointed, as ICT should have won that game. There was four or five really good chances in the second half and how at least one of them didn't go in I'll never know - but with the clock winding down and appearing at times that Nick Ross was playing as the lone striker, what did you expect? Nobody was really at their best today, apart from Gillet - he was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile. Tokely was okay, Hayes had his moments and the new guy Gnakpa showed that he offers something new. Tade and Foran didn't have one of their better games by their standards - the latter in particularly was flying in all over the place, and his booking was stupid on his part.

Also, how does Nick Ross stay on the field for ninety minutes? He seems awfully weak and really doesn't add much to the team at all. With the game there for the taking, it should of been him that was hooked instead of Tade or Sutherland.

Anyway, another clean sheet. Not too bad I suppose, but ICT really should of won that.

• Agree 1

It was tough to play football out there today, especially for the likes of Hayes and Tade who like to run with the ball. Not sure I've ever seen our pitch cut up so much during a match in my life...but a combination of wet, cold and the need for USH won't have done it any favours and will have been tough for any real work to have been done on it. Here's hoping for at least a couple of decent days before next weekend so we can get some growth/repair into it.

The first half was a pretty insipid display from both teams. Second half we came out the hotter and as has been said already, we should have buried any one of about half a dozen chances.

Think some people are being a bit harsh on Nick Ross for missing his chance near the end. Being in the Main Stand I didn't have the best view, but it looked like a high ball that he tried to get a foot on and if he'd only managed to get another couple of inches higher with the foot he would have got solid contact instead of it coming off the outside of his foot and it skying over.

Match Report is up on the Official Site, complete with Butcher and Gillet post match audio interviews - http://ictfc.com/matches/reports/392-report-ict-v-st-mirren

Well IHE was sober and seated in the Main Stand yesterday and I have to concede that although it was overall a pleasurable experience I was reminded how important it is to get pishhed to watch a home game. Nice wee bar area though, good view (free ticket helped) and some good banter.

As stated previously that must have been the most insipid first 45 minutes that I have withstood in a long, long time. Midden played some neat stuff but their final pass was abysmal -as fer us everything about the fist half was abysmal apart from some good tackling and the odd good pass, mainly attributed to Gillet and, to a lesser degree, Tansey. Terry and Mo basically got it wrong and played a bedraggled 4-2-3-1 formation with players swopping places and basically showing no sign of cohesion at all.

The second half was a totally different game and it became more of an open, end to end game, and it was good to see Terry and Mo have more of an attack minded system and we went for it rite till the end. Add in a couple of good substitutions and the fact that we blew 4-5 good chances to score - we ended up looking the more likely to score, the better side over the 90 minutes and basically very unlucky not to pick up three points - but scores in other games also went for us and the road to survival has now opened up a healthy gap.

ESSON :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Never really got tested and got the rub of the green (or crap finishing really) on a couple of occasions.

MEEKINGS :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Solid enuff after a bit of a nervy start. Thankfully played the Chav boy Imrie well and kept him out of the game. It looks like his long throw is going to be a tactic this season - although he will have to work harder on his distance and trajectory as the throw is poor in comparison to that of Munros.

TOKELY :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: He just keeps on going doesnt he. Again he wasnt really tested but kept the defensive line well, was always loookng to block any shots and kept charging forward in the last 10-15 minutes.

PROCTOR :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well for 95% of the time he played well but then makes 3 errors which could have lost us all the points. When will it be that Terry realises that Proc is not reliable enuff to play as the last man in a central defence.

GILLET :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: MOM by a country feckin mile. Very solid defending - aint he feckin lightning in respect of his recovery after tackling - he always was looking to be in space, was attack minded, best passer on the pitch by miles. Peronally I would love to see him get a run as a sweeper type role.

TADE :clapping: :clapping: I said two weeks ago that I would never call him Djebi Tade and then I get this !! He looked feckin lost, even when he was restored in to a lone striker role in the second half. His first touch was diabolical and what a feckin miss in the second half. Terry appeared to go with a complicated swop system in the first half and Gregory was simply confused. Still he will probably be MOM next week as his headless chicken node will go in to overdrive against Cellic.

TANSEY :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Close to MOM. Really worked his socks off and really got stuck in. Appeared to have more of the holding midfieler role which suits him as he also looks to play balls out of defence. But his shot over the North Stand just sums up his loss of confidence in his shooting.

FORAN :clapping: :clapping: The main positive to me that his advanced thinking allowed Tansey the opportunity to have more time and ability to move forward as Richie held when that happened. But again he is not a central midfielder and is better in a more roving role. Plus his distribution yesterday was woeful

ROSS :clapping: :clapping: Again I was not too sure where Nick was supposed to be playing - and so probably did Nick !! And by the end he was playing as a lone striker. Why he didnt put his napper to the chance late on I dont know but I felt that the Midden keeper made a great block to stop Nick's later effort.

SUTHERLAND :clapping: :clapping: Another one who did not figure out where he sat in the swop system. I have said that I would like to see Shane get a wee run to see whether he is up to the SPL or not - but I wanted that to be as a centre forward as he simply does not have the touch or the awareness to play in wide midfield orin the hole. If anything he is better in the goalmouth mix and getting him to harry the last man.

HAYES :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: The usual Jekyll and Hyde display although he came too in the last 20 minutes and looked like aplayer who can go on to higher things. Hopefully the Cellic scouts were there yesterday as they would have changed their feckin minds - although I can see Hayes putting on a show next week. Dont know why Terry didnt put the wee man up front with Ross though.

CLAUDE :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well he simply had to get a mention due to the entertainment value that he brought to the proceedings.His antics fair brightened up the day and lifted the support. He looks like a male model and evidently thinks a lot of himself but can he walk the walk down the TCS catwalk. He will also have to hold back on the post tackle gymnastics. Was very unlucky not to score, looks to have a good first touch and pace - and hopefully he will learn to cut out any showboating.

TERRY AND MO :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: They are dragging us clear but I wish that they would bring more consistency to the system and being rather reactive to individual good and bad displays.

• Agree 3

Good accurate summation Johndo. Nick's last shot was weak. I thought he was trying to bend it into the opposite corner but it went comfortably to the keepers near post top corner. TV save, but Nick needs to brush up on his striking.

Here's an interesting statistic. This appears to be Caley Thistle's first goalless draw at home since 1st February 2009 - Terry Butcher's and Maurice Malpas' debut game at home to Celtic. Yesterday was the management duo's third anniversary in Inverness.

Except for the 0-0 against Ayr in Aug 09. But in SPL I think you are correct

Yes, SPL and also in the First Division, as Alex mentions, there was a goalless draw away from home in Dingwall.

To be honest I would have taken a point before that game yesterday but by the end of the match I was disappointed that we couldn't nick all three points. Oddly though, the BBC shows Saint Mirren had more shots on target than we did. The Buddies certainly had the better of the first half, just, but we were certainly the team on top in the second.

The only change for ICT was Tokely coming in for the injured Williams at the back. As I say Saint Mirren had the better chances of the first half with efforts from Thomson, Thompson and McGowan all easily counted as decent opportunities to open the scoring. Thomson from yards out sent a free header right down the throat of Esson, Thompson flicked a looping header towards goal but Esson scrambled to tip it away and then McGowan fired in a fierce drive that deflected wide for a corner. ICTs best chance fell to Kenny Gillet who spun in the box and dragged his effort wide.

The opening period of the second half was in complete contrast to the whole of the first. ICT were rampant as three or four great chances were passed up. Almost straight from kick off Tade drove at the Saint Mirren right back and headed towards goal and attempted a cut back but no one was there to capitalise on the Frenchmans pull back. Foran then went down the ICT right and floated a ball to the back post which was just missed by Ross and then Hayes, following on from his magnificent performance against Hearts last week, turned the St Mirren right back inside out and crossed to the back post but Tade, despite a desperate lunge, was unable to finish the move off. ICTs fourth chance of a roller coaster opening to the second half fell to Tansey but his side footed effort sailed over the bar.

Saints had a couple of good chances when Carey rifled in a free kick just wide of Essons left hand post and poor play by Protcor let in McGowan but his deflected effort was handled well by Esson. Tokely, by now being booed by the Saint Mirren support, nearly scored with two headers but the first was right at Samson and the second was hacked off the line. Debutant Gnapa smashed the foot of the post with Samson stranded as ICT again started to exert some dominance on the game and Ross somehow ballooned the ball over from only a couple of yards out as the game edged towards its conclusion.

By the end of 90 minutes we can maybe count ourselves as unfortunate not to have won the match but our first half performance was pretty poor especially compared to the previous weeks effort against Hearts. Still, we were much improved in the second half and kept another clean sheet whilst pulling a wee bit further away from the bottom of the league.

Standouts for ICT were Gillet and Meekings. Gillet in particular was excellent as he handled the threat of Imrie well and covered almost every inch of grass down the left hand side as he got forward whenever he could to support our attacks. A well deserved MotM.

Poor crowd again yesterday. Just over 3,000. Very concerning as that is a good bit down on previous years average attendances whilst in the SPL.

bored to tears first half.

gillet must have got mom for second half only. his touch and distributionfirst half was shocking.decent defender but hopeless going forward.

was put through on goal first half due to good play and from in line with left hand post nearly put ball out for a throw in with his right foot shot

every time tade got the ball his lack of control allowed it to spin 10 feet in the air. time to give the new lads a run.

sutherland not an spl player even at our low level. always seem to have the ball behind himself when running with it before tripping over it. rightly hooked

missed the composure of williams at back.

all very dissapointing after last weeks tremendous display against hearts.

second half much better, could have been a couple down at half time but should have been a couple up at full time. tried to watch lowlights on bbc online but not working. probably nick ross has cut the line not wanting any more people than yesterday to see his "van bossan" should change his name to DICK DROSS after that miss

Funny how when someone makes a mistake or sclaff's a chance he suddenly becomes dross. In Nicks defence he is not a striker. He is, however, a decent midfielder and can play a bit when he's played in the right position and fitted into the right system. Personally I'm beginning to think that many of our players are struggling to know what the right system is. It changes for every game.

• Agree 3

Funny how when someone makes a mistake or sclaff's a chance he suddenly becomes dross. In Nicks defence he is not a striker. He is, however, a decent midfielder and can play a bit when he's played in the right position and fitted into the right system. Personally I'm beginning to think that many of our players are struggling to know what the right system is. It changes for every game.

thankfully he is only keeping a shinnies place warm, pity we have to wait to next season for him to return

i think nicks done allright recently i thought he was poor at the start of the season and he ended up losing his place to shinnie quite rightly but the last couple games i think hes filled in shinnies role quite well and has offered more of a goalscoring threat

• Agree 3

i watched the highlights and firstly tade's chance was hard i dont think it was that big of a miss he just wasnt in the right position to get a clean strike. Tansey should have done better with his shot but i have to admit nick ross im sorry but my my how the ball could go over from that position it was virtually impossible to miss but hey a point is better than nothing so bring on the tims next week

Watched the highlights twice now and who's the prominent player? Nick Ross.

Ross put the ball in front of Gnakpa that hits the post. Ross puts the ball in front of Tansey. Ross has a first touch shot thats saved. Gnakpa will be the hero for his shot of the post. He won't be slagged for his dive yet Ross sclaffs a chance and is dross. Get a life guys and look at the good the player does.

• Agree 1

genuine question Alex but do you think Terry and mo are changing the system every week in an attempt to counteract the opposing team?

bored to tears first half.

gillet must have got mom for second half only. his touch and distributionfirst half was shocking.decent defender but hopeless going forward.

was put through on goal first half due to good play and from in line with left hand post nearly put ball out for a throw in with his right foot shot

every time tade got the ball his lack of control allowed it to spin 10 feet in the air. time to give the new lads a run.

sutherland not an spl player even at our low level. always seem to have the ball behind himself when running with it before tripping over it. rightly hooked

missed the composure of williams at back.

all very dissapointing after last weeks tremendous display against hearts.

second half much better, could have been a couple down at half time but should have been a couple up at full time. tried to watch lowlights on bbc online but not working. probably nick ross has cut the line not wanting any more people than yesterday to see his "van bossan" should change his name to DICK DROSS after that miss

wrong side of the bed??

• Agree 1

It never fails to amaze me that whilst the positive's in terms of performances and points have increased over the past six weeks it still is insufficient to stop certain 'fans' taking the opportunity to lay into players for no good reason.

Gillet has Imrie in his pocket for most of the game (until he switched to the other side) yet apparently he is 'hopeless'

Nick Ross, aside from his shooting, was one of the better players on the day perhaps, but apparently he is 'Dross'.

It is fine for people to excert their right to free speach and opinion, however perhaps a bit of perspective would not go amiss??

• Agree 1

genuine question Alex but do you think Terry and mo are changing the system every week in an attempt to counteract the opposing team?

They possibly are though I think its more to do with which players are available on the day. My personal view on your question Tug is that a successful system should be found that leaves the opposition team with the problem of counteracting. If one system is working and its building confidence in the players and developing the skills of each individual then there should be no need to change for different opposition.

I think the enforced changes so far this season will be our making in the chase for a Top 6. Most players have all had a bit of game time with each other now and the only "System" they are familiar with is a changing one. We've seen Butcher make 7 changes and the team go out and give an equally impressive performance to the team from the previous game. Players should take confidence in that and Butcher should embrace it. Going in to games where the only thing the opposition can expect is that we're not likely to do the same as we did the week before can be a big plus.

As for Nick Ross, it's good to see him stepping up and putting himself into positions and situations where he is being noticed and where he is willing to have a go. OK, so it didn't pay off form him in terms of shots on target on Saturday, but he's also cutting the opposition defence to shreds with intelligent play and through balls....and the more chances you create, the more goals you will eventually score.

There's not a player in our squad right now who doesn't deserve to have their name on the teamsheet for any given match....and that's going to worry other teams more than it should be worrying us.

• Agree 1