French Lessons

DoofersDad

It may be old news so forgive me if I have missed comment about this, but I am surprised to have seen no mention on this forum about Gregory Tade and Kenny Gillet helping out at Milburn Academy with French lessons. I think this is a brilliant initiative and should help to encourage more youngsters to get involved with club. It is a good example of what being a community club is all about.

A big well done to all concerned, but especially to Gregory and Kenny. And now that Claude has signed, they've got a supply teacher as back up.

• Agree 2

More of these type of community projects would go a long way to having local kids supporting ICT instead of the old infirm. Yesterdays paltry crowd is an indicator of how little we have achieved since our senior bow.

It's brilliant that they are getting involved in the community like this.

Just a pity that our players aren't particularly qualified to teach something useful likes maths or science instead. Learning langiages like French is pretty pointless these days and does nothing for our economy. And I speak as someone with a degree in French!

• Agree 1

More of these type of community projects would go a long way to having local kids supporting ICT instead of the old infirm. Yesterdays paltry crowd is an indicator of how little we have achieved since our senior bow.

I dont think things are doing that badly,January is always tight for a lot of people,also having Ross County in the SPL will reignite interest in local football and will certainly be a talking point, it will increase revenue for the local area, a new attendance record will be broken and it will be from a local team and not the OF, Hospitality at a premium rate will be full, a full house for hosting 3 clubs instead of 2 and it will save the club a fair bit for the short journey north instead of heading down the A9 I dont think the same thing happened for Motherwell when Hamilton got promoted.

Giving schools and clubs free entry is a great idea, they may spent a few pounds whilst at the game but more importantly even if only 5% become fans for life its worth it, the club and players do put themselves out and about in the community and members of the supporters trust will be able to give far more info on that than I could.

Back to French lessons,Many moons ago I used to go out with a girl from Nantes, now that was an education :lol: