They are top of the League below.

CELTIC1CALEY3

County coming up, which sadly looks likely, spells BAD news for ICTs finances. you wait and see.

Explain. please.

Al give you an example of what im on about. The last time i went to see u2 play in glasgow, the gig was not a sell out. Why? because there was another big draw on that same night in the same city, in the shape of Celtic Vs Arsenal in the Champs League qualifier. Thing is tho, the attendance was hit in that game also...as u2 were in town. had there not been the distraction of the football on...then u2 wouldnt have any competiton that night for income and the same is true for the fooball

Point being....when ICT are in the SPL on their own, they are the biggest draw and focus in the area. Bring another equally as appealing lure into the frame, ICT are not as tasty a lure as once they were. Money from advertising, sponsorship, backing from the business community will now be more split than ever.

Still struggling to comprehend??....ok...think whats going to happen to Tesco when Asda comes to town!

Edited by SMEE

County coming up, which sadly looks likely, spells BAD news for ICTs finances. you wait and see.

Explain. please.

Al give you an example of what im on about. The last time i went to see u2 play in glasgow, the gig was not a sell out. Why? because there was another big draw on that same night in the same city, in the shape of Celtic Vs Arsenal in the Champs League qualifier. Thing is tho, the attendance was hit in that game also...as u2 were in town. had there not been the distraction of the football on...then u2 wouldnt have any competiton that night for income and the same is true for the fooball

Point being....when ICT are in the SPL on their own, they are the biggest draw and focus in the area. Bring another equally as appealing lure into the frame, ICT are not as tasty a lure as once they were. Money from advertising, sponsorship, backing from the business community will now be more split than ever.

Still struggling to comprehend??....ok...think whats going to happen to Tesco when Asda comes to town!

I take your point regarding sponsorship and advertising and this MAY take a slight dip. But I really don't see large amounts of ICT fans suddenly deciding to support RC and going over the bridge.

• Agree 1

Explain. please.

I take your point regarding sponsorship and advertising and this MAY take a slight dip. But I really don't see large amounts of ICT fans suddenly deciding to support RC and going over the bridge.

Theres a lot of Nuetrals who float between ICT and Ross County, just to watch a game of football. Im not talking thousands here...but they do exist.At the mo....they are probably more inclined to go watch the SPL team. With it looking like County coming up, i wouldnt blame them if they made County theri priority to watch...considering the bile being offered up as football by ICT.

But that aside....im talking more of the backing we get from sponsors, and business community at the mo. With county being in the same league as ICT, they are not going to be the lesser option any longer.

Has it not been the case in the past that when ICT and County are in the same league, they seldom had a home game at the same time? I won't be surprised to see a similar thing happen this time round.

As Fraz says there may be some minor effect but the analogy of Tesco and Asda really does not work. We all need to eat so we go to Tesco as there is so little choice. When Asda opens those who currently go to Tesco will have a choice to go to Asda instead. If ICT and County are both in the SPL this season and when they both happen to be playing at home on the same day people can choose which match they go to, but the difference is that those who watch ICT don't suddenly have a new option - the option is already there. I accept that there will be a small number of neutrals who just want to watch football and few more will go and watch County than now but I think this will be offset by other factors.

The main factor is that any small number we lose when there is a clash of dates will be more than compensated for by the much bigger crowd the derby games will attract. Secondly I expect that with both clubs in the same division the timetabling of fixtures will mean there will be fewer clashes of dates than currently.

I'm not convinced about the advertising either. Sponsors will opt for maximum exposure and as long as we are doing better than County and our crowds are bigger then they will choose us over them. In addition, the boost to Highland football that having 2 teams in the SPL and the interest that will generate will help to encourage more sponsorship in total.

• Agree 2

I do think they will do quite well sponsor wise especially at the beginning of the season when the spot light will be on them more than us. I.agree however that fans are not suddenly going to desert us either. A lot will depend on what both teams produce on the field in the long run.

I disagree with many things being suggested here. ICT and County have their own group of local sponsors. Some of these even sponsor both teams. Crowds will not really be affected. In fact I'd say there's likely to be benefit in that there are people in the area who'd go to an SPL game every week regardless of which team they support. If they're not travelling fans they may be just as likely to pop along to whichever team is at home that week to check out the other teams in the league. I can also see the possibility of a bigger sponsor coming in and splitting the sponsorship, much as is done with the OF, to get their brand on view every week instead of every two.

At the moment each team has a few hundred diehard travelling supporters. For trips across the bridge that will swell to a few thousand. That can only increase the average gates of both clubs. I can also see the local derby as being of great interest to television.

All in all I believe there will be more to gain than there will to lose by having our neighbours in the SPL

• Agree 2

Amazing to look back & remember the 2000 Dunfermline fans who packed the away end in first fixture at home in spl after rebuild.

Cheers for the reminder ten4. I travelled up on the train with many of them and would have travelled back down again had I not chosen to have a wee break.................and a holiday in Raigmore.

. I can also see the local derby as being of great interest to television.

The only derby game television is interested in is Old Firm. They dont really televise Hearts v hibs or Aberdeen vs Dundee Utd......so i cant see them being intrested in an insignificant highland derby with very limited appeal

• Sorry SMEE but you are totally wrong in those comments. Every Edinburgh derby this season has been televised live. And to further correct you on some of what you are trying to suggest 41 games not involving the OF have been televised live, or full match after game (Alba) so far this season and there are many more scheduled. Thats a lot of tv coverage away from OF

It will be a major motivator for ICT - this season we have lived in the shadow of Ross County. We will be pretty cautious in pre season and seek to make a better start. So it can only be good but to be fair to Smee it is a fair point because the SPL in general needs a lift. What eventually happens at Rangers could help in terms of competition. There again, the County will provide novelty value and boost interest in the SPL because of their location. Scotland's furthest north SPL ground has a railway station just yards from the ground. It should result in extra income for certain agencies dealing with the transfer in Inverness Station.

Alex...i know we will STILL get the odd game on tv here and there....as we have always done whilst in The SPL. The TV channles are morally obliged to spread the coverage. But its not going to generate the income you seem to be suggesting. I doubt we will see any increase on that front. Make no bones about it....apart from novelty value for the first game next season, ICT vs Ross County has no more mass appeal to tv stations than a Motherwell V Hamilton game would have

ICT aren't entitled to anyone's support or custom and the worst thing we can do (on any front, be it fans or those running the club) is take any of it for granted or automatically assume that it will all just magically improve.

Then Brittain scores the penalty after McGovern walked and instantly a STREAKER allegedly emerges from that part of the crowd, heading at speed towards the Jail End. Falkirk's new 11th man was absolutely starkers - apart from his underpants which were still around his ankles but weren't stopping him from running at a fair lick.

Can't edit the original any more, but Police now say that "a man" has been charged with Breach of the Peace and will appear in court tomorrow (Mon) so I suppose we should now strictly refer to what 4300 people ALLEGEDLY saw!

Regarding ICT being worse off with County in the SPL?

Not a single home game will clash, they currently manage to keep it home and away for the majority of games,they currently manage to get it right so I cant see any difference there.

Loss in sponsorship? Clubs have their sponsors be it SPL or SFL,if you want to tout for business in Rossshire you could advertise at VP,the same goes for advertising at TCS for Invernessshire, you advertise at the local ground for local business.so no change there then.

We will have an extra 2 premium hospitality packages and its being swapped with 2 low value deserted ones.

We have an extra 2 matches with around 6,000+ at the game and lose 2 games with around 3,000 fans

Local football is promoted.

The only downside that I can see is for example a Hibs fan wanting to come up to Inverness, watching the game and making a weekend of it and they may come up twice a year, now if they still come up twice a year they will probably visit us once then County, the Inverness pubs still get the money but the club loses out, our away day supporters who stay overnight would probably have some pretty valuable advice on this though regarding staying away and are we only talking small numbers.

As for floating fans deciding to leave us to go to VP to watch SPL football,why? I dont know of a single ICT fan who decided to go and watch County play against a SPL club for one of their cup games, what is being suggested is the same as, for example, Falkirk being in the SPL the Pars get promoted and the Bairns fans come across the bridge and decide to support the Pars. It sounds silly doesnt it.

I would say all the good things out weighs a minor negative thing.

Then Brittain scores the penalty after McGovern walked and instantly a STREAKER allegedly emerges from that part of the crowd, heading at speed towards the Jail End. Falkirk's new 11th man was absolutely starkers - apart from his underpants which were still around his ankles but weren't stopping him from running at a fair lick.

Can't edit the original any more, but Police now say that "a man" has been charged with Breach of the Peace and will appear in court tomorrow (Mon) so I suppose we should now strictly refer to what 4300 people ALLEGEDLY saw!

I wonder if he can use the defence of 4300 people walking in on him whilst he was getting changed?

• Agree 1

he thought that it was falkirk that scored the penalty he was so drunk.

anyone else think just edging a 2-1 win against a inexperienced 9 man falkirk team wont be good enough for the spl?

Are we good enough for the spl? I reckon county could easily match us this season. Going 24 games unbeaten in the first division is a great achievement. They are looking the real deal and there shouldn't be any complacency in our camp for next season or we may be in for a shock.

he thought that it was falkirk that scored the penalty he was so drunk.

anyone else think just edging a 2-1 win against a inexperienced 9 man falkirk team wont be good enough for the spl?

Are we good enough for the spl? I reckon county could easily match us this season. Going 24 games unbeaten in the first division is a great achievement. They are looking the real deal and there shouldn't be any complacency in our camp for next season or we may be in for a shock.

Going 24 games unbeaten is a great achievement no matter who you are but recently they have been showing frailties which could lead to them finding points hard to come by in the spl.

Giving away leads and not putting games away is why we are where we are this season I could see county in a similar position next season.

Edited by lukemackay