They are top of the League below.

CELTIC1CALEY3

I'm of the opinion that their sodden park will be their downfall, forcing them to play more catchup games and then running out of steam. At the moment though, it is definitely theirs to throw away.

Three games that I believe will decide who wins the league

March 17th Ross County v Falkirk

April 7th Dundee v Falkirk

April 14th Ross County v Dundee

County have the advantage of being at home against both the chasers and they haven't lost at VP this season. There downfall, however, could be too many draws.

9 points, and County's lead at the moment is 2 with a possible 9 more still FAR too early to speculate.

No point having a discussion forum then. I'm off to close all open topics. :shrug:

And we finished 12 points ahead. I believe from 17th January, we had a 27 point turnaround, we were fifth in the table 15 points behind Dundee, albeit with 2 games in hand over them.

27th of March we hit the front and the rest is history. Our goal difference took a massive turn for the better (+40) and we ran away with the league, County finishing 5th, 17 points behind us.

Edited by tm4tj

I'd be starting to worry if I were a gudgie right now. I do think they will prevail however. Falkirk will drop points and County will get a few from the games in hand. It will be tight at the end but I think they will get there.... just.

Edited by CapitalCaley

Given the same turnaround that we had over Dundee any team in that division could overtake County but I think they will just hang in there. Today was a good day for them - OK, Falkirk are level on points now but to avoid defeat at Dundee is a big result and they will be happy heading North tonight.

Nobody else other than Falkirk is really looking as though they can go on a run and to be honest I think the more experienced players County have got are more likely to hold their nerve. My prediction is that Falkirk will overhaul them only to blow it in the last 2 or 3 games.

Elgin have won their last 4 games now so might also gain promotion. Whatever past and present local rivalries might be, having 2 North clubs being promoted in the same season must be good for football in the area. ICT having their highest ever finish in the top flight would be even better.

I dont see Elgin overhauling Alloa but they should make the play-offs. As for County, they are in a position that only they can blow. They are not dependant on other results but they have to turn draws into wins. Falkirk will be there at the end as will Dundee so its going to be a good finish to that league.

No chance of County going up - they always blow it in the second half of the season and this season will be no different.

In fact it's more likely they'll be playing in the same division as Elgin City the season after next!

I think that was a bit of a struggle tonight. However, a crucial 3 points. 3 points clear with better goal difference and 2 games in hand. Both these games in hand are at home - to Morton and the fake Jags. They have to play Falkirk one more time - again in Dingwall.

It can still all fall apart, but I think they will win the league.

By my reckoning, County's 2-1 win over QoS on Saturday was their 22nd First Division game in a row undefeated, hence surpassing ICT's 21 in season 2009-10. On the other hand ICT may well have taken more points from their run since there were very possibly more wins.

ICT = 51pts (15 Wins, 6 Draws)

RC = 48pts (13 Wins, 9 Draws)