The Rangers

dougiedanger

I am in a minority....but that's because I can honestly say that I have never followed or supported any team other than Caley/ICT. Can you say the same? (doesn't matter to me, just curious).

I doubt there's many of my age/generation (or older) who could say the same. Most of my mates all supported other SPL teams prior to ICT coming in to existence, but I don't see the need, or benefit, in questioning their support of ICT. I know others who have started coming along to ICT games more recently who still have a "soft spot" for other SPL teams, but they want their kids to grow up supporting the local team. In fact, I probably know more ICT fans who had/have "other teams" than ones who didn't/don't....maybe therein lies a bit of our problem when it comes to growing the support, and if it is a factor than it's one we need to work on overcoming and you can't overcomes such things by immediately discounting the majority of your target market.

Minority my erse

You either don't live in the real world ,wear blue tinted spectacles or both

When you hear a packed Ibrox in full voice or any Rangers support in any away ground in Scotland or Europe it is the majority not a minority who belt these songs out

Wisen up

Dougal

Oh I live in the real world dougal. I have many friends and work aquaintances who are Rangers fans and who abhor the antics of the a certain faction within them. I've even been a guest at Ibrox and sat among those who are exactly like our own main stand brigade. Sit quiet and watch the game without noise.

Blue tinted specs....No. I was brought up in Fort William as a Celtic fan. I was Celtic daft but had never been to Parkhead. Indeed the first time I ever had the chance to go there was as an ICT fan. As a teenager in the Fort I would go with some mates to watch Thistle from time to time and always followed their results while I was at sea and then after when I moved to central belt. While living in the Falkirk area I used to take my lad to Brockville. I spent many years of my life around bigots of both persuasions, especially during the years of extreme violence and know a hell of a lot more than you, someone who doesn't know me, seem to think I know.

I'd happily take a deal that saw us get 10% of the TV money....it's more than we get now!!!!

Sorry Caley D I think you misunderstood. I meant that the total value of the TV cash would be 10% of of the current TV deal. In other words ICT may receive a larger proportion of a much smaller pie. The net result would be reduced TV cash for all clubs with the possible exception of Celtic.

In saying that, while there would be some short term pain, I think it would result in a much better, competitive league in the long term.

Nah, I understood, was just being a little facetious because the suggestion that an SPL without a dominant Rangers (and Celtic) would be worth 10% of it's current value is a tad ridiculous.

Ok 10% is probably a bit low, I concede. However they would be lucky to get 40% of the existing contract even taking into consideration the small current deal.

Today's result could well be another nail in their coffin if you ask me

What worries me if they do become defunct is that we will get an influx of local orcs appearing at TCS, let's hope not!!!!

Dougal

You crack me up....complaining about lack of support from the local area in one thread and hoping that we don't convert people to the cause and bring them in on an another!!!

How exactly do you suggest converting one of them, once an Orc always an Orc IMO

You maybe quite happy sitting next to union jack waving bigot but I'm most definitely not

With that kind of attitude I can see now why you previously voted yes to kill of your previous team

Dougal

By not tarring them all with the one brush. They're not all as you describe but to describe them all as such is just to show yourself up to be as much a bigot as the minority who sing the songs and wave the flags.

Exactly Alex, no different than someone saying all Muslims are terrorists.

I supported Rangers in my youth, because my grandad did (my father had no interest in Football) I have no problems saying that, he also used to also take me to some of the Clach games. My uncle Ben (not the rice guy!) also used to take me to Telford street from time to time. Without going into the whole story (unless anyone really wants to hear it lol!) once I reached around 18 I lost Interest in Rangers and football in general for a few years other than going to the occasional Scotland game. I then started supporting ICT, going to away games mostly as I lived in Glasgow at the time.

I suppose then dispite having a season ticket along with my wife for several years (since moving back to Inverness) I should turn it in immediately Dougal as I am a bigoted 'Orc'. I'll maybe ask my Protestant mother or Catholic father how big a bigot I am.

In this case sir you are being a small minded fool.

• Agree 2

Great news today to be honest, to a point. The only sad thing is that they are probably going to get away with this financial miss-management and robbing tax from the very country all sing a rave about each week. Can you imagine an extra £75 million in the NHS coffers? Instead they will be deducted 10 points, finish second, where they would have anyway and managed to squirm away from the full amount. They need to be severely punished to set an example. I certainly couldn't rack up £100 in unpaid tax let alone £75 million! Demoted to div 3 at the very least. Rule Britannia and all that :lol: