Orion extend sponsorship

Alex MacLeod

It is indeed

A 5 figure sum though is anywhere between 10k and 99k - I guess figure would be somewhere in the middle....

Anybody know what the various SPL clubs get for their shirt sponsorship deals - just curious as to what the variation may be and what is the average for the SPL

From a quick search of the net it appears the Scottish clubs are all very reluctant to divulge what they get but I'm willing to bet its nothing like what the top English club make.

http://www.nust.org....-sponsor-stakes

I believe the Tennents deal with the OF is worth 1.5 million a year to each club.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

i've always wondered why the OF always have the same shirt sponsor?

I would imagine that if they didn't share the same sponsor then the sponsor would be losing as much as gaining as say tennents only sponsored the huns then you would probably never see one half of glasgow/scotland drinking tennents and visaversa.

And now if any Scottish business sponsored only one of the clubs they would risk alienating a big chunk of the population of the largest city in the country!

Pretty much that.

The first joint sponsorship was in 84 with CR Smith. Scottish & Newcastle tried to get them both after that but Celtic declined the deal. The next joint deal was NTL then Carling and now Tennents.

But all that digresses from the fact that Mr Savage is puting some extra cash into our club.

It is indeed

A 5 figure sum though is anywhere between 10k and 99k - I guess figure would be somewhere in the middle....

Anybody know what the various SPL clubs get for their shirt sponsorship deals - just curious as to what the variation may be and what is the average for the SPL

From a quick search of the net it appears the Scottish clubs are all very reluctant to divulge what they get but I'm willing to bet its nothing like what the top English club make.

http://www.nust.org....-sponsor-stakes

I believe the Tennents deal with the OF is worth 1.5 million a year to each club.

Thanks - so in the EPL it varies from 400k to 20m - quite a spread. A 1:50 spread in fact - that is quite a gulf - makes you think Liverpool are not making the best of it and Wolves do have a challenge ahead with just staying in the EPL never mind trying to stay out of the red.

If 1.5m is the SPL's biggest deal then it is safe to say we don't have a 1:50 spread but still curious to see how we compare to our rivals in football terms Hibs, Aberdeen, Utd etc who will always do better in the gate money revenue department.

Actually, I don't think you'd be too far off with that 1:50 spread. I know for a fact that a few years ago one of the bigger 1st division clubs was getting around £20,000 from their shirt sponsor, and for that the sponsor also got a hospitality package at every home game which was worth a few thousand.

Since then advertising budgets have been cut and interest in football has declined, but a lower SPL club will obviously still get more than that due to increased media coverage. But you'd still be talking just tens of thousands.

Edited by Yngwie

Oh dear the battle for the control goes in to yet another round - plus the Old Jeggie connection have put their pennies in and got a seat on the board. I wonder what side of the fence they will be taking !!

What does Mr Catto think about that ?

Internal politics anyone ?

Oh dear the battle for the control goes in to yet another round - plus the Old Jeggie connection have put their pennies in and got a seat on the board. I wonder what side of the fence they will be taking !!

What does Mr Catto think about that ?

Internal politics anyone ?

Is the Muirfield deal done then?