Scotty

Poor play from Proctor again, but Cellic player didn't need much encouragemant to go down!!! ( had next goal a penalty @ 14/1, so not all bad) 25/1 for next goal pen

Edited by Dewsburydude

Watched the game on Sky and have to say we never seemed up for it today. We gave the goals away and we never really looked like scoring. It was game over after the pen.

I have seen ICT about half a dozen times this season, and every time, even including victories, the football on show seemed to be pretty aimless stuff a lot of the time. Also, there seems to be a lack of fight and craft. I think Butcher has taken the heart out of the club with his intention of messing with the formula that served us so well in the past. Am i being unfair?

• Agree 1

I've been looking forward to that game for a while now and to be honest it bored me. Up until their first goal the game was going well and we were holding our own. Then a lapse from Tokely, Proctor and Tuffey means we concede a very soft goal. 2 minutes later and Tokely was at it again but this time he was even more stupid, rolling the ball back to Tuffey with Hooper in his way but luckily we got away with it. The goal in the 2nd half was just as bad, Proctors attempt to block Hooper and allow the ball to roll out evidently failed and Proctor in a clumsy panic barges into Hooper for us to concede yet another penalty this season. Hooper might have gone down easily but there can't be any complaints as there was definate contact, Proctor had no chance of getting the ball and was reckless.

We created a couple decent chances and had a claim for a penalty at one stage but apart from that this game was just going through the motions and was a very routine 2-0 win to Celtic.

I thought Nick Ross was doing fairly decent today and was surprised when it was him coming off and not Hayes who had a complete nightmare, I don't know if it was because he was pushed to far forward but he never got going in the match at all. A bit of hope came when Sutherland and Gnapka were brought on and Sutherland looked promising and for 10 minutes we looked like we might equalise but our pressure came to nothing. Gnapka had a very poor game and if i hadn't heard of all the hype from the last match i'd have thought he was a mediocre player at best.

Pass marks today are for Gillet and Shinnie but overall a poor performance from us. We went on a great run unbeaten so to lose today isn't really a surprise just a bit dissapointing to lose out on Hampden yet again. Maybe next week we can get the shock win we all crave.

I've been looking forward to that game for a while now and to be honest it bored me. Up until their first goal the game was going well and we were holding our own. Then a lapse from Tokely, Proctor and Tuffey means we concede a very soft goal. 2 minutes later and Tokely was at it again but this time he was even more stupid, rolling the ball back to Tuffey with Hooper in his way but luckily we got away with it. The goal in the 2nd half was just as bad, Proctors attempt to block Hooper and allow the ball to roll out evidently failed and Proctor in a clumsy panic barges into Hooper for us to concede yet another penalty this season. Hooper might have gone down easily but there can't be any complaints as there was definate contact, Proctor had no chance of getting the ball and was reckless.

We created a couple decent chances and had a claim for a penalty at one stage but apart from that this game was just going through the motions and was a very routine 2-0 win to Celtic.

I thought Nick Ross was doing fairly decent today and was surprised when it was him coming off and not Hayes who had a complete nightmare, I don't know if it was because he was pushed to far forward but he never got going in the match at all. A bit of hope came when Sutherland and Gnapka were brought on and Sutherland looked promising and for 10 minutes we looked like we might equalise but our pressure came to nothing. Gnapka had a very poor game and if i hadn't heard of all the hype from the last match i'd have thought he was a mediocre player at best.

Pass marks today are for Gillet and Shinnie but overall a poor performance from us. We went on a great run unbeaten so to lose today isn't really a surprise just a bit dissapointing to lose out on Hampden yet again. Maybe next week we can get the shock win we all crave.

Good to know im not alone in my views. My fear is....once Johnny goes in the summer, which im pretty sure he will, its going to get a hell of a lot more boring too. Johnny seems to be the only one in that team prepared to run at and take on players. ICT used to be blessed with such players in the past.

2 mistakes cost us we were the better side up until samaras scored from tokelys mistake

Procter doesn't deserve the bashing he's getting for the penalty hooper went down easily

Afraid I have to agree with the bashing, he made no attempt to tackle for the ball, at best it was clumsy.

Penalty again for them !

Goalkeeper and defender playing tug of war with Tade's shirt in front of the goal yet neither the Ref. or his little helper , sorry Assistant, couldn't see it.

Oh yes I forgot we are not allowed penalties!!!!

We do need Golobart and Williams back asap no question about that, then we can get a force up front. One man isn't enough but I could understand Terry's thinking playing that way without a firm defence.

Comfortable win for Celtic in the end. Considring it was a cup tie it's pretty disappointing we went out without even so much as a whimper but the second goal really knocked the stuffing out of us.

Proctor is an accident waiting to happen and regularly presents goal scoring oppurtunities to the opposition. Seems to be a favourite though so no doubt will be offered a 2 year deal

2 mistakes cost us we were the better side up until samaras scored from tokelys mistake

Procter doesn't deserve the bashing he's getting for the penalty hooper went down easily

If in doubt...punt it out (especially in the position he found himself in). To then lose the ball, and FOOLISHLY try to tackle from behind....IN THE PENALTY BOX, well....asking for trouble, to put it mildly!

Just watched it all on Sky. Can't complain with result. We were hardly in it in second half, against a distinctly average Celtic side. I think we only had one proper shot at goal all game. Surprised Ross was first to be hooked. He looked as good as we had there today. Horrible errors from Tokely for the 1st goal and again a few minutes later for almost another one. Perhaps Tuffey could have done better for the 1st goal, but he was surprised by the ferocity of the shot, and it did take a vicious late swerve.. Having said that, I have never believed dropping Esson for cup matches was sensible.

Not many heros today. Gillet, after a run of good performances, was well skinned by Samaras a number of times today. I was sorry for Proctor. It will give his army of detractors the ammunition they want. Actually, up until his mistake, and even after it I thought he was our best defender. Hayes well marked today and never in it. I can't see a queue of big teams lining up for him in the summer, if they were watching him today.

We'll have to tighten up for next week to avoid a thumping at Parkhead.

Watch the first goal back again. yes Tokely missed the ball but Samaras was being marked by proctor who didn't react when he (Samaras) moved off him.

Watch the first goal back again. yes Tokely missed the ball but Samaras was being marked by proctor who didn't react when he (Samaras) moved off him.

Thats a bit rich, Rig. You've made it clear in other posts that you have no time for Proctor, but implicating him in this Tokely blunder is stretching it, even for you. Isn't his error for the penalty enough for you?

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks
  • Agree 1

Poor display today, we did not seem up for the game, although I thought me matched Celtic at times.

Two poor goals to give away.

Also if that’s the way the Celtic support behave when they are winning who knows what they would have done if they had lost. Always good to see scum on scum action.

was really looking forward to this game, disappointed that we didn't make them work a little bit harder for their goals but there was only one winner. they outfought and outclassed us. imo tokely and proctor are now our 4th/5th choice centre backs! poor mistakes from them.

Thats a bit rich, Rig. You've made it clear in other posts that you have no time for Proctor, but implicating him in this Tokely blunder is stretching it, even for you.

I don't see how it is "a bit rich" or how it "is stretching it". I think both CB were at fault for that goal. Tokely for not cutting out the through ball and Proctor for allowing his man to run off him and not tracking his run.

Isn't his error for the penalty enough for you?

?

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Thats a bit rich, Rig. You've made it clear in other posts that you have no time for Proctor, but implicating him in this Tokely blunder is stretching it, even for you. Isn't his error for the penalty enough for you?

I agree Proctor should have been tracking Samaras, This is what let him get free in the first place to get his shot off. Tokely was however the main culprit, as should be Tuffey for not being save that shot regardless of the swerve.

• Agree 1