Today's Attendance

dougal

No doubt I'll get slated for starting a thread on this subject but I believe it needs to be highlighted, and this is by no means me having a go at the ICT fans including myself who were in attendance today

Less than 5800 today for a Scottish cup tie against the septics is an absolute disgrace considering what a massive game it was for the club

To be outnumbered by the away support at home should never happen but it seems to be the norm when it comes to important cup ties at TCS, we can't put it down to Celtic having a huge fanbase because I recall it being the same scenario when Elgin came calling a couple of seasons back

The north stand looked half empty from my seat in the main stand and that must have looked terrible on sky sports to a world wide viewing audience

Our attendances are on the decline this season but the question is why?

Why don't Invernessians get behind their team and back them in numbers has the novelty of SPL

football worn off?

ICT need to do something to attract more Invernessians through the turnstiles as they are clearly failing in found so at this precise moment!

Inverness's population has grown quite substantially over the last two decades yet our fan base hasn't which means there is a serious problem in my opinion

ICT should be targeting all the primary and secondary schools in the city with complimentary tickets, get the younger fans interested and who knows it might get the new generation of Invernessians interested

Thoughts?

Dougal

• Agree 2

I think part of the reason in dwindling attendance is the total lack of atmosphere , today for example was actually embarrassing ! I dont recall one song or chant of encouragement for our boys in fact its been like that for too long ! Is it any wonder our team play better away from home ! So maybe we should stop moaning about the team performance & take a look at ourselves !!

Edited by Fanoffooty
  • Agree 2

No one thing is going to bring about an improvement.

For example, you can only get an atmosphere if you get people into the stadium, and you can only get people in to the stadium by making it affordable and doing things to attract them (not all financial).

We can all sit here and point the finger of blame at the fans, the club, they city, the SPL or who/whatever....but until they parties start working together and for the mutual benefit of all fans, all clubs and the game in general then we're just pissing in the wind.

I agree with all of that fanoffooty, not so much a match day experience as a match day endurance. And what was up with the stadium announcer, could he have been less enthusiastic.

When the announcer said the attendance, Terry shouted "He could try and sound a bit more enthusiastic!"

The guy did sound as if he missed his medication this morning...

For example, you can only get an atmosphere if you get people into the stadium, and you can only get people in to the stadium by making it affordable and doing things to attract them (not all financial).

We can all sit here and point the finger of blame at the fans, the club, they city, the SPL or who/whatever....but until they parties start working together and for the mutual benefit of all fans, all clubs and the game in general then we're just pissing in the wind.

I've seen 20 or 30 fans in the away end create a better atmosphere than us !! so its not just about getting numbers through the gate !

I've seen 20 or 30 fans in the away end create a better atmosphere than us !! so its not just about getting numbers through the gate !

If you focus solely on the "atmosphere" issue, then yes....but that's why I said "No one thing".

However, to answer your point.....No club can survive on the income from 20 or 30 vocal fans, and like it or not those who choose to sit and enjoy the game in a more restrained manner are every bit as important to the existence of ICT as you are....so having a pop at these people will only serve to drive them away and make the situation worse.

If you focus solely on the "atmosphere" issue, then yes....but that's why I said "No one thing".

However, to answer your point.....No club can survive on the income from 20 or 30 vocal fans, and like it or not those who choose to sit and enjoy the game in a more restrained manner are every bit as important to the existence of ICT as you are....so having a pop at these people will only serve to drive them away and make the situation worse.

I'm not having a pop at anyone just stating the FACT there is no atmosphere at our stadium !

I'm not having a pop at anyone just stating the FACT there is no atmosphere at our stadium !

There would have been if we took the lead.

There would have been if we took the lead.

We should be cheering our boys on & singing right from the start regardless of taking the lead ! whatever happened to the 12th man ?

and again we are back to the atmosphere topic. im sick of hearing it.

if you arnt happy with the atmosphere get up get behind the team and help the singing section out a bit.

Where's the singing section ?

Back of section E in the North Stand, it used to be in the back of section G but was moved.

Here we go again - I might have considered going as I suspect that a few others from the Central Belt and Englandshire would have but the time of the kick off, the road conditions and the fact that it was live on Sky would have put a lot of people off. Add to that we are playing Cellic twice in a row and the old novelty element of playing the Old Filth has well and truly disappeared. As fer the atmosphere it is the same as all other home supports. When you are in the away end it is a day out, well oiled and together in a compact area of the ground - plus with a singing section you need some drunken old codgers to get it going. :drinking06:

For football fans, there sholdn't be any "novelty" about it.

That's saying that when we did get promoted for the first time, people may have just piggy backed on the original support to show they supported an SPL team or didn't wan't to be exiled for supporting the OF or whatnot. The standard of "fans" we have now - aside from an obviously passionate bunch we have on the forums and a few outwith - don't even appear to "support" the team and almost give the impression they go in aid of just watching some football.

Away games, with less than a hundred folk, generate more noise that a few thousand at home. Blame the stadium, blame the weather, blame whatever.. we all know it's almost our own case of 'Cantbebotheredness'.

*sigh*

The pipe band before games used to be good. I thought there might have been a pipe band yesterday with the game being on sky etc.

As for the stadium announcer, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but couldn't they at least get an ICTFC fan to do it? He supports rangers.

My reason for not going is pretty much what Johndo said. The entry cost didn't put me off. The early kick-off and the poor weather forecasts were my deciding factors. There are many fans around Tayside and the central belt who, had this been a three o'clock k.o, would probably have made the journey but the early k.o usually means a mad rush from train to station, a mad rush for very early train or an overnight stay. For me the first two options dont make for an enjoyable start to a match day and its too soon after the festive period for the third option.

What really pissed me off yesterday was the idiots singing rule brittania and other rangers songs , thought there was going to be trouble when someone told them to shut up and sing ICT songs only for the fools to wind the guy up with "we're british and will sing it if we want" ! Cringeworthy .

• Agree 3