Butcher for England Manager

dogbert

Only possibilty would be as part of a back room team but I don't think he plays Harry's game....currently at 50/1 though with this lot ;-)

Terrence Butcher

Sam Allardyce

Carlo Ancelotti

Luis van Gaal

Roberto Mancini

Steve Coppel

Tony Pullis

So if nothing else Tel is in good company on the bookies boards.....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Will he get the job? .... NO

Will he be considered? .... not seriously. May be mentioned in passing as a former England captain who is in a managerial position, and who is iconic to many England fans, but not a serious candidate as he has not managed in the EPL or another "top" league. The SPL doesnt count to the FA !!!

Could he do the job? .... Absolutely. Personally, I think a national job is easier than a club job in some respects. You are dealing with egos and PR rather than transfer budgets and daily training and I think Terry could handle it. He would also surround himself with a good backroom team that the FA would make sure he got.

Would he take the job? .... Yes. It would be foolish to think otherwise. He's English, he's a football manager, so the top of the tree has to be the England manager's job. He's very settled in Inverness, and there are not too many jobs he would leave us for, but this is definitely one of them in my opinion (Ipswich and possibly Rangers being other potentials). And with a reputed salary of about £6 million for Capello and rumours of Redknapp being offered £4m a year, even if Tel lowballed it to £3m a year he could still pretty much live up here to get the life he loves and fly to work when required ...

Alf Ramsay and Terry share the same genes. Terry's dog has a German name and as far as we know does not have an off shore bank account to deposit the odd bone Tommy throws his way to keep him off the pitch. Clearly two disadvantages over 'arry. Terry is also articulate and can write. 'arry is marginally better at East End English than Fabio. England don't do articulate Managers.