Chick Young on Caley Club Song.

Guest Mahonio

Here's one I haven't heard for a while

Caley (clap, clap, clap), Caley (clap, clap, clap) - Repeated till everyone get's bored or the opposition score.

Seriously though, I'm 100% behind Doofer - and not just because I'm his Dad. "Caledonia" is a stirring tune and the lyrics are very appropriate. And when it becomes the national anthem of an independent Scotland, we will be recognised as the club side that symbolises Scotland's national identity during our extensive annual travels across Europe.

• Agree 4

There already is a Caley Thistle version of Caledonia (or Caley Thistledonia as maybe it should be called). It was on here a while ago actually (unless that was actually in one of many nightly Caley Thistle related dreams - I had one once where McCaffery and Juanjo re-signed, Caff played as number 10 and Juanjo was the number 5. The obscure reasoning for these numbers was never really revealed...)

The main chorus went something like -

Let not she become a stranger, cause that would make me more than sad

Caley Thistle - the best we ever had

Edited by Renegade

I wouldn't mind Caledonia as an anthem....if someone could just jazz it up a little!!!

I'll need to see if I can get in to check in the announcers booth as I did some remixes of Highland Cathedral and Caledonia, lost the files from my PC and the only copy I know exists on CD was in there.

Support form his father, always what a son wants too hear. Although i would love Caledonia to be the club song/anthem or if it was to be something else i can belt out at the top of my voice, i still have my doubts on how much it would catch on. There has always been and i strongly beleive that there always will be those at the games who just refuse to sing/get behind the team/shout encouragement but would rather moan and groan at the things that go wrong. To be honest, these tend to be the older supporters so maybe a club song would get them going as they do like to sing along to a golden oldie.

Is this just lazy journalism? Has he been looking at the suggestions on other threads for livening things up on matchday or is it a coincidence?

It has been bourne on the back of him (Chick Young) being in Inverness on Monday night at a question/answer session with Terry Butcher and John Hartsson, I don't remember where it was held, but got the low down on it from Calyejag's Dad who was at it and by all accounts it was very informative and a good night. It's no coincidence that this then appears in the press a day or two after it, maybe he was struggling with something to report on or maybe it was due to his conversations with TB on the night.

I agree with Kirishima that the more extra exposure ICT can get the better however I stand by my original post about Chick Young.

a few of those 'borrow' others' songs .... and so did my effort from a few years back which was to the tune of Fields of Athenry (long before we reached the SPL and based on the actual folk song, not the bigotry assigned to it in ensuing years)

By a low seafront wall, I heard a young man call

We're going to watch the CaleyJags play,

Through the wind and the drizzle,

We will follow Caley Thistle,

At our fortress on the fields of Longman drive ....

Chorus

Low lie the fields ...... of Longman Drive

Where once we watched all the dolphins dive

Tokely, Mann and Christie,

Barry Wilson turning and twisty,

At our fortress on the fields of Longman Drive.

..... had other verses but cant remember them now ....

As good a song as it is we dont want to copy a song that is majorly assosiated with Celtic. Would just get the tag as mini this or that. We need something original. Many songs have been mentioned before and we actually do have many songs but the desire to sing them had deminished. We need to get a group going similar to green brigade...etc etc that sing and hav a laugh no matter what. We have more than enough songs that we sing on away games.

I was going to list them but i cannne be bothered just now! But we have more than most teams at away games etc

im keen for motherwells tune but with ict fc insted

Maybe my hearing is going in my old age but I couldn't understand a frickin' word!

When I was young (clap clap clap clap)

I followed Ict (clap clap clap clap)

ICTFC (clap clap clap clap)

Is the team for me (clap clap clap clap)

Doo doo doo doo ( jumping around optional)

• Agree 1

im keen for motherwells tune but with ict fc insted

Maybe my hearing is going in my old age but I couldn't understand a frickin' word!

When I was young (clap clap clap clap)

I followed Ict (clap clap clap clap)

ICTFC (clap clap clap clap)

Is the team for me (clap clap clap clap)

Doo doo doo doo ( jumping around optional)

Thx for the translation, lol

• Agree 1

How about a winehouse song?

They tried to make us go to dingwall, we said, "No, no, no"

Yes, we've been down but when we came back you knew, knew, knew

I ain't got the time and if Terry thinks we're fine

He's tried to make us go to Dingwall, we won't go, go, go

If someones eery going to get creative I suggest getting the words highland charge in there.

Do it to yellow submarine perhaps. We're the Caley Jags and we're on a highland charge, on a highland charge.

Get something about the HMS Sneck in the verses too. I'm sure the Immortal Howden Ender would love that. We already have the highland march traditional so it kind of works in that too

I like the family ness idea. you may see a smelly hibee, a hun, a jambo too, but you'll never see a nessie You can go to maryhill, and even parkead too, but you'll never see a nessie in the zoo!

Alternatively - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiJxlt6jEI&feature=related. Something with the lyrics "you make me wanna shout" in it seems just like what we need.

OK, it's here, our new song............get the chorus bit from around three minutes, listen on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD3ovfZXO5Q

Hey Caley don't make me mad

Take a bad player and make him better

Remember to let him into your heart

Then you can start to make him better

Hey Terry don't be afraid

You were made to go out and get him

The minute you let him into your team

Then you begin to make it better

And any time you feel the pain, Hey Terry, refrain

Don't carry the world upon your shoulders

For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool