Scotty

Having watched the way we lined up im really starting to get annoyed at no striker getting played up front. No goals in 3 games says it all. We had Sutherland and Winnall both in the squad, today. Sutherland got shoved on the wing and Winnall remained on the bench. We're not going to get goals without a striker.

Gnakpa was frustrating to watch. Seemed to keen to play difficult passes and was really wasteful with a chance at the back post. Had no chance of scoring and had 2 or 3 players in the box but just blasted it at the side netting.

Shouldnt complain too much. Celtic are on a run and had to graft for that result, a style of football they struggled to cope with last season. Can see them winning the league comfortably.

Thought the Majstorovic red was a harsh decision but to all you Celtic fans seething at the decision i have one word for you - karma.

Gutted that Willams is suspended ahead of the Pars game but will just have to live with it.

A single goal defeat away from home against the best team in the country and without our two best central defenders and our two best strikers is a pretty good acheivement. It would have been nice to get a draw but next week is much more important. A win against dunfermline will put us right in the mix for top 6 whilst a loss would give the Pars some hope. If we beat them, there is no way they will catch us.

Im not to dissapointed. As poor a celtic side as they are (compared to teams of yesteryear) they are still the best team in Scotland. I dont expect much from playing either OF team. Its the nitty gritty games where we need to take our points, against the other scrappers in the league. So , everything considered....i will take a 1-0 defeat

Listening to the commentary today I couldn't help but notice the commentator seemed to know all the Celtic players first names but only a couple, if that of ICT. Came across as sounding biased even if it wasn't intended.

• Agree 1

If we are going to beat the pars, then I suggest ICT have a solid week of shooting practice. Opportunities today were there, but , where were the shots?

Too many taking too long to line up, then the boot would come in and the chances gone.

It was a much better performance though apart from that, even the Ref gave us a helping hand now and again i.e. 'till the Williams sending off which I agree was a Samarass

induced trap.

All in All there is still hope of the top six all we need is fire power!

I hope Meekings was injured. Why else would you replace a RB with another RB especially when we were needing a goal. Baffles me sometimes. Surely that was the moment to remove a defender and put a forward minded player on.

• Agree 1

A little frustrated not to have taken anything from the game today, but that should not been seen as a negative against any of our lads.

I coulda kinda see why we lined up as we did as there were threats that needed "bigger" cover that Nick Ross might have been able to provide in other areas of the park, but the trade off for that was Nick Ross up front playing the lead striker role. It didn't work out, but it wasn't for the lack of effort on Nicks part. He was quite literally bouncing off the Celtic back four in challenges due to his size. Gnakpa should be offering a more physical presence, but is a little too keen to go down when there's any hint of a foul on him....not diving, just making sure he gets the fouls. There's a time and place for that, but when you have guys waiting in the area and staying on your feet and knocking the ball across goal can provide a great opportunity then it does more harm than good.

Both Red Cards were farcical, IMO and it was just another example of a referee getting a decision wrong against one team and then looking to even it up by giving another wrong decision against the opposition.....I'd also like to see the first yellow card for Williams again as I'm not convinced that was merited either.

Had we got Shinnie and/or Tade today then I think it would have been a very different result.....but you can only p*ss with the c*ck you've got and everything considered I was pleased to see us making Celtic work for the result. If I had to be critical of anything it would have been the midfield getting too deep and allowing Celtic to run on to them on the edge of the final third. This made a tough job a bit more difficult for out back four....who all in all had a great game.

More positives than negatives to be taken from the match.

• Agree 1

Celtic helped by the ref as per.

Did you listen to the game ??? Celtic helped by the ref ? What absolute nonsense. The ref was terrible for both sides !

Scotty, Williams first yellow was a joke, and then as soon as Mastorovich was sent off, Williams was always gonna be sent off.

The old firm always relay on the ref. Remember the 2-0 Rangers game this season, Rossco should never of been sent off, Tansey should never of been sent off last November against Celtic.

It was a good performance from the boys, but The same can't be said for the Ref.

Scotty, Williams first yellow was a joke, and then as soon as Mastorovich was sent off, Williams was always gonna be sent off.

Am I right in thinking as well that Majstorovic's red can be appealed but that Williams' can't as it was two yellows and the yellows themselves can't be appealed ?

Something that did occur to me though when listening to the game is that this was the first time this season we had a numerical advantage over the opposition, albeit not for very long. Surely that first penalty is not far away :tongueincheek:

I thought we played very well and we were unlucky not to get something from it. Our final touch in front of goal let us down badly. The referee had a mare. The Celtic red card was harsh. He got the ball fully. Reminded me of Tokelys red card against Rangers. I can't comment on Williams red card as I didn't see it... bloddy post in the way! But, even some Celtic fans in the LRT after the game said it was harsh. A general consensus that the ref was evening up the sides after the other red card. He was booking players for really soft challenges and a free kick would have been punishment enough in some cases - especially for Foran. Bizarrely though he didn't book Foran for shoving Scott Brown to the ground!

But the important thing is, we played very well, and unlike last week, wer were stringing passes together. I don't understand the Meekings subsitution though, but other than that, I have no complaints about the peformance and the way we went about our business.

Again, the atmosphere from the Green Brigade was fantastic and the place was buzzing. Although, that isn't going to help our team very much!!!

Good stewarding again, good atmosphere and friendliness in the LRT before and after the game. A good day out despite the pillar and the result.

Next week is possibly the most important game of the season.