Is the site slowing down to a crawl

tm4tj

This problem may be at my end as I think my router is on it;s last legs, however, more often than not, I do not get connected to the site, I just get the 'internet explorer can not connect to the site' message.

I usually then check to see if I can access google or bbc to see if my broadband is still working and I can normally access the CTO pages upon refreshing. It's getting a bit tedious now but as I say it might be my laptop/router playing up.

I use a wireless connection to the router. I quite often have to switch it (router) off to reset it and get access, but at other times I am connected and the CTO site is usually the first one to start misbehaving.

Any ongoing issues with the site?

Not seeing anything this end that would suggest CTO is deteriorating (quite the opposite in fact). However, the nature of certain sites (such as CTO) is that they could highlight or extenuate certain issues and if you have a flaky connection I suspect that could be one of them.

Unfortunately we don't have the money/resources of sites like the bbc or google to put in place solutions that would lesson the impact of a poor user connection, so they don't make for good comparisons/benchmarks.