Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

Now something else to ponder :-

If the Newco starts in the lower leagues how do the Masses of the old regime supporters get into the grounds?Just how much chaos will there be outside the grounds?

What will the costs of crowd control soar to ?

Would the complete demise of the Glasgow club be the best answer or should we relent for safetys sake and let them back into the SPL

I know this should be a new subject but I haven't figured out how to start a new topic yet...!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe someone else would like to start the topic afresh ??

( I should have gone to the Kaddie after all )

Think your question is acceptable within the context of this thread...but for future, there's a big button towards the top right corner that says "Start New Topic".....will do a screen grab for you when I get back to a proper computer.

• Agree 1

I been looking for answers to this question, but cant seem to find it. IF Rangers go into Liquidation, assets sold to the Newco etc, Does the Newco get to Keep the Name , the brand, the History and honours etc of Rangers FC, basically picking up where they left off, or is it a new team starting out?

Edited by SMEE

The name and the brand can be bought from Oldco as part of the transfer of assets, and I'd expect that to be part of the deal already in place.

History and honours cannot be bought though - although some may say that Rangers bought their titles in the first place.

The intellectual rights can be sold. History and honours funded by money they didn't have can't be. Also, as the oldco was "The Rangers Football Club" there are rules that prevent any newco from implying connection by using a name that is similar (apart from reasons of geography) Leeds were ok, so were Middlesborough but no Glasgow in the same so, without leave of the Court, sorry. There are also rumours abounding that Sky have privately given "comfort" to SPL clubs that they will not ditch the tv deal. There are also real reasons as to why others (including the liquidators) might not let Mr. Green buy the club with loaned money and so any newco may not be formed for ages.

tick, tock, tick, tock.........boom!

There are also real reasons as to why others (including the liquidators) might not let Mr. Green buy the club with loaned money and so any newco may not be formed for ages.

tick, tock, tick, tock.........boom!

Oh yes! Yes please! Yes indeed!

• Agree 3

There is a kinda "mid point" between CVA and Liquidation whereby Creditors agree to a sale of assets to a specific individual/company for an agreed price (occurs after a CVA has been refused and liquidation process started). What I believe Green has is an agreement that if the CVA failed then he would offer a minimum of £5.5 Million for the assets.....Creditors do not have to accept that. In fact, I would be surprised if they did accept it as the £5.5 Million barely covers the administration and legal costs and creditors would get nothing.

Without permission of the Creditors then the Assets cannot be "undersold" (sold for less than market value). In fact, in a liquidation scenario I believe they can go back up to 2 years to check no assets have been undersold.

I suspect Don will be able to anwer this one for me.

If there is a March 31st Deadline to apply for the SPL and Dundee and Falkirk have both applied, shirley only they can be considered.

Newco Rangers don't exist yet and i'm not great at maths but I can see that quite obviously they have missed the 31st March deadline. Therefore, other than cheating by the SPL board, how can they even apply to get in?

I suspect i've misunderstood something in the rules somwehere though!

• Agree 1

I suspect Don will be able to anwer this one for me.

If there is a March 31st Deadline to apply for the SPL and Dundee and Falkirk have both applied, shirley only they can be considered.

Newco Rangers don't exist yet and i'm not great at maths but I can see that quite obviously they have missed the 31st March deadline. Therefore, other than cheating by the SPL board, how can they even apply to get in?

I suspect i've misunderstood something in the rules somwehere though!

I'm actually in the process of doing a bit of an analysis of the SPL Rules and Articles in relation to the feasibility of a NewCo being allowed in to the SPL so it's right in front of me......

Rule A2.7 reads:

"The Board may in its absolute discretion waive, relax or grant a period of grace in respect of any Club's or Candidate Club’s requirement to comply with any part of the Membership Criteria and/or Rules A2.6 and H6.1."

This basically gives them power to set aside any rules they so desire (including deadlines). However, as I have pointed out in the paper I am writing....

"In summary of the Membership Criteria, more rules would have to be waived (or periods of grace given) than enforced. If this was allowed to happen then it makes a total mockery of the Membership Criteria and, as already stated, creates a very dangerous precendent....not to mention the potential for endless appeal under the following rule.

A2.9 The implementation of the Membership Criteria shall be capable of appeal in accordance with the provisions of Section G of the Rules."

What's more, I do not think it would (should) get as far as having to look at membership criteria.

Rule A2.1 Reads....

"The League shall consist of
12 leading association football clubs in Scotland
. The association football clubs eligible to participate in the League in any Season shall, subject to the Articles of Association and Rules, be those Clubs which participated in the League in the immediately preceding Season, except that, subject to Rules A2.2, A2.3 and A2.4, the Club finishing in last place in the League in the immediately preceding Season shall not be eligible to participate in the League and shall be relegated to the SFL and the Candidate Club shall be promoted from the SFL and admitted entry to the League."

At it’s most basic level, no NewCo has any basis on which to make reasonable or justified argument that they are one of the 12 leading association football clubs in Scotland....they quite simply have no history/record on which to base such a claim.

It is my opinion that on that basis alone then no consideration should be given to even contemplating acceptance of an application from a NewCo and removes the need for getting caught up in any rules over Membership Criteria, Share Transfers, Sanctions or any other sideshow anyone may wish to throw up.

I would also like to point out that I am not doing this analysis or providing this information with the purpose of beating the club (or Chairman) over the head with it. It's just my way of getting all the points buzzing around in my head into one logically defined place which helps when it comes to discussing these things with people (including the club). I am no lawyer or legal expert but I do have a lot of experience with analysis work, especially within the strictly regulated area of financial services and it's those practices and thought processes I am applying to this. When push comes to shove, it is nothing more than my personal thoughts and opinions.

• Agree 2

I fall into the "not as bad as some are saying" camp, but we should still be very careful of underestimating the cost to both the clubs and Scottish Football from all of this.

I certainly do not think the problems are insurmountable, but it's going to take everyone pulling together to prove that we can make it work.

Also, say the new rangers dont get voted back in. Who takes their place? Dundee or Dunfermline

IMO, having read through all the rules and stuff (again) tonight, I think Dunfermline would be able to build the strongest case...although it would by no means be a certainty.

The fans of Rangers still seem in denial and ignorant to the wrongs committed. Its time to expel them and any notion of a NewCo from the SPL. All historical trophies should be taken from Ibrox and publically destroyed and any records of these removed from the record books. The message has to be sent out strong and hard that cheating will not be tollerated!!!

Shame we dont have an administation in this country capable of showing the strength to do this.

Also, say the new rangers dont get voted back in. Who takes their place? Dundee or Dunfermline

IMO, having read through all the rules and stuff (again) tonight, I think Dunfermline would be able to build the strongest case...although it would by no means be a certainty.

I think you are correct CaleyD, logically speaking Dunfermline have been ousted out of the league by a team who have cheated.

Next post please IS NOW THE TIME TO RESTRUCTURE THE ENTIRE SPL ?

No - this is the time to restructure the WHOLE of Scottish Football from the SPL & lower leagues to the regional league set up and the National Structure. Won't happen though.

• Agree 4

No - this is the time to restructure the WHOLE of Scottish Football from the SPL & lower leagues to the regional league set up and the National Structure. Won't happen though.

slowly slowly catchee monkey!!!!

Scotsman Newspaper claim ICT will vote to keep Huns in SPL. WTF? Is this going to be the case?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-takeover-how-spl-clubs-might-vote-on-newco-in-top-flight-1-2351524

"INVERNESS CT

Reacted angrily to Rangers’ Court of Session challenge to the SFA but won’t want any uncertainties over revenues when finances tight. Chairman Kenny Cameron said: “There is much still to discuss – but I hope this will bring certainty and closure to this issue. We just need to move on from this situation.”

How they might vote: Will want a Rangers in the SPL."

admin@ictst.co.uk

Hello,

I am writing to let the supporters trust know that myself and my family are currently

holding off regarding our season ticket renewals until we see which

way the club votes on the admission of a NewCo directly into the SPL.

In our opinion this should not be countenanced, as it is an insult to

every club which has acted in a responsible and sporting fashion.

Furthermore, the attitude of the Rangers support regarding the

boycotting of clubs who speak out against them cannot be condoned,

and might well mean there is little financial benefit to having them in the SPL.

Regrettably we may be forced to consider ending our support of the club

if they do not act for the good of the game.

• Agree 5

Press release from Kenny Cameron.

Rangers FC in Liquidation

Kenny Cameron, chairman of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, said: ”It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position.

As to what happens now at SPL level, as far as our own club is concerned this is a time to consult and to take stock.

“In the first instance we will sit down as a board and consider what the various potential outcomes are and how the different scenarios may play out. Following that we will be consulting with our fans through our Supporters Trust, as we have done previously on many occasions’.

“I would expect the SPL to call a meeting of all the clubs very shortly to appraise us of the current position, at our last all club meeting we were virtually assured by the Administrators that liquidation was not on their radar following discussions with the leading creditors, but as we now know this was not the case”.

"This is not a time for snap judgments or rushed quotes on the issue. We will consider our position and listen to our supporters once the picture becomes clearer. Any speculation by certain parties as to how ICTFC may or may not vote on a NEWCO is purely that, speculation and we find it strange that some seem to know how ICTFC would vote under certain circumstances, they must have a crystal ball "

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/513-rangers-liquidation

Edited by Alex MacLeod