Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

As part of the transistion to Newco "Glasgow Rangers FC" will become "The Rangers FC"

"Ahm gan tae see The Rangers at The Big Hoose wi' The Peepul"

I'm fairly certain they were called The Rangers Football Club until quite recently, say 20 years ago. I'm even more certain they never had Glasgow in the name.

The news isbad for dunfermline. the spl rules say that once relegation is confirmed, any subsequent place is filled by the team that finished 2nd in Div 1

No they don't.

Yes they do. See, I can play this game as well.

Rules attached.....H5 is the one you need.

RULES EFFECTIVE 14 MAY 2012.pdf

H5 says:

H5 If any Club in the League ceases to operate or to be member of the League for any reason, its playing record in the League may be expunged and the number of relegation places from the League shall be reduced accordingly.

H5 only applies during the season, and since Rangers survived to the end of the season, Dunfermline has been relegated. Once Rangers reached the end of the season, H5 no longer applied. The Gretna situation is a more appropriate example of the application of H5.

Must try harder.

So with the liquidation of Rangers the discussion changes from who will get releated to who will be accepted into the SPL.

May I be the first to suggest some type of X Factor type format.

Edited by Gabby

If you read back you will see that I have already said that it could be any one of three....Dundee, Falkirk or Dunfermline who would all have a case.

I was asked for my opinion on who I thought would have the strongest case and, having read all 100+ pages of them several times, I can tell you that there is no specific rule to cover it and it will come down to interpretation. My interpretation is that Dunfermline could have the strongest case. Unlike yourself, I've never claimed there was a rule which said Dunfermline were a shoe-in.

Instead of getting all arsy over it with the childish "must try harder" BS, perhaps you might just want to point me to the rule that says that subsequent positions are filled by the 2nd placed team from Division 1.

FWIW, I think it should be as you say, but the rules don't support that....if they did then we wouldn't be having a discussion on the possibilities of totally new team who have no previous league record at all being submitted to the SPL now would we!!!

Its such a farce all round & not getting any clearer. Why not just forget all the crap & boring debate and admit Cove The Rangers into the 3rd div

I really dont know what all the fuss is about

:furtive:

If rangers were guilty of having players on dual contracts then any game they fielded them would result in the opposition being awarded the game 3-0, over a season this would have left them quite a way down the league and other teams moving up a space. I'm sure your league position at the ends of the season determines how much cash you get from the SPL ie the higher you are the more money you get. If so then we along with other teams must have been done out of a right few quid. If so Sir David we want our money back.

4th July for the SPL vote? Why is it being dragged out for yet another 2+ wks?

Think it's the rules that they wait 14 days for some reason.

Seems to be the case. It is in their Articles of Association.

Been amusing myself reading the odd Rangers forum... a lot of Rangers fans ranting about taking the SPL to court to make them hurry up. :lol: So another really good idea there, then!

4th July for the SPL vote? Why is it being dragged out for yet another 2+ wks?

Think positive. What ever the reason it gives fans a bit more time to get their letters into their Boards telling them that under no cir***stances should they be voting to let a newco in. No excuse for not not writing.

To paraphrase Bob Geldof: Write your ****ing letter NOW!

Hang on a minute, Sir Gilet of EBT has walked away:

Rangers crisis: Walter Smith's consortium bid to buy club rejected

STV 19 June 2012 13:46 BST

"A consortium headed by former Rangers manager Walter Smith has failed in its attempt to buy Rangers. A statement released by the group on Tuesday confirmed it had met with new club owners Charles Green’s group regarding a takeover attempt. The statement from Mr Smith read: "I would like to clarify the background to the offer of £6million for the assets of the Club which I announced on Thursday 14th June 2012."

Full article here: http://sport.stv.tv/...-club-rejected/

Edited by Scotty
: as per site policy (and copyright rules), the cut and paste of full article has been replaced by an intro paragraph and link to original article which can be read in full on original site.

Ladies and Gents. Please avoid reprinting articles from other sources. The media that those come from are not happy at having their work stolen. They see this as breach of copyright and could take action against the site. By all means post a link to the article and acknowledge its source.

Edited by tm4tj

One factor not picked up yet is that if Rangers have a case to answer for on EBTs, who was the Manager in charge for most of the potential cheating years? Was it 'in Walter we trust', and if so, did Walter know that his captain and other players and some officials were gaining benefits? It may just be a co-incidence that that the SPL announce 'Rangers have a case to answer' and then Walter walks. However, David Murray could not have been the only person to know about the scheme.

Interesting overnight quote about Celtic supporters club very much against a newco into the spl. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/327694/Bhoys-set-for-boycott-vote

What is clear about the 4th July is that hopefully the decision will be final. If there is any right of appeal the Scottish game will be in trouble. It seems all clubs will be down on season ticket money at present and in desperate need of a boost on 5th July when an established team with players and funding is allowed to take on the former share of Rangers in the SPL and we can get things under way.

• Agree 1

So it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.....if clubs vote NO to Newco The Rangers....Rangers supporters will boycott them should they still manage get back into the SPL ..and if clubs vote YES, Celtic supporters will boycott them if Newco gets into the SPL.

Logically, finance-wise then, the obvious thing to do is vote NO...as Newco The Rangers might have forgotten who voted what by the time they get back up to the SPL through the League system. :ponder:

I think it would be more interesting to see the turnout at a Celtic vs The Rangers match should The Rangers get in and Celtic had voted NO to their doing it. :lol:

I'd be very surpsised if the outcome will bother Celtic fans when it gets down to the season kicking off? If the Newco gets voted out of the SPL they will be out their droves to watch Celtic dominate and expect to win trebles for many years, if Newco get voted in they will come out to continue their historic battle with what is still Rangers regardless of name or ownership.

Without generalising too much Celtic fans are glory hunters who like the hatred between the clubs much like the majority of Rangers fans.

Its the crowds and support the rest of the SPL will have depending on results that will be the really inetresting part IMO.

Edited by bdu98196

Well, hell...welcome to "The Neverending Story #4"

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4385444/These-guys-can-take-Rangers-forward.html

OK.it's the Sun.....but even they couldn't make it up! Could they?

JOHN BROWN needed only two words to sum up part one of his vision for Rangers to his £11million backers: Get Walter.

Steve McKenna and Allan Stewart say they will today lodge their proof of funds with the Charles Green regime as their firm Aleftav bid to tempt the Yorkshireman into a deal.

Legendary defender Brown, a hero to Ibrox fans throughout 278 appearances in a Light Blue jersey, will shrug off any fears over the business past of two friends he trusts implicitly.

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for the Rangers fans.

• Agree 1