Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

It really is quite shameful and demonstrates that those running The Rangers are not fit people to do so.  Despite playing week in, week out against dross opposition, the fans of this odious club support their new team in huge numbers and buy club merchandise thereby putting very substantial amounts of money into the club's coffers.  The fact that The Rangers' board now have to impose pay cuts means that they have totally mis-managed the finances of the club despite the scrutiny of what is happening.

Their ugly cousins across the city must be laughing their heads off.  The sensible approach for The Rangers was to keep wage costs low in the early years and make best use of talented youngsters.  Income could have been invested to pay for wages when they hit the big time again.  A knock on effect of this strategy would have been the emergence of youngsters who would be good enough to play at the top level and who would not cost as much as the established players they will need to invest in.  Their irresponsible strategy may have allowed them to win the diddy leagues by a country mile but it will make them less competetive against Celtic when finally they reach the top tier.

It is quite clear now that Charles Green's 'business plan' was simply to make a substantial short term gain for Charles Green and his cohorts.

The fact that fans of the two clubs using the Rangers name could sleepwalk from the mismanagement of David Murray to the criminality of Craig Whyte and then to the personal greed of Charles Green just because they all humoured their prejudices speaks volumes about the hoards who follow follow.

Celtic too are bigots but at least they have the virtue of being financially prudent bigots.

I don't think it's to do with prejudices.  They wanted to believe.  Most will know nothing about accountancy.  Same as with Hearts.  Same as with ICT.  How far are we off trouble?  I've no idea.  But I hope whoever is running the club is doing their best...but I couldn't guarantee it.

I don't think it's to do with prejudices.  They wanted to believe.  Most will know nothing about accountancy.  Same as with Hearts.  Same as with ICT.  How far are we off trouble?  I've no idea.  But I hope whoever is running the club is doing their best...but I couldn't guarantee it.

You know, I have a vague notion that ICT pay their employees including players on time and in full. I suspect that we also have a tendency to forward PAYE Income Tax and National Insurance contributions deducted to HMRC.

Don't see how you are even suggesting we may be in the same boat as either Hearts or The Rangers.

• Agree 1

ICT is one of only a few clubs that run a tight ship in this respect - no debt that I know of and living within their means. Slowly, the penny is dropping everywhere that this is the only way to work: the problem is that the remedial action that has to be taken is very painful - inevitably clubs who think they are better than they are (because they are living beyond their means) slip down the league. So, a new order is in the process of being established whereby prudent clubs are rising and mismanaged ones fall all disappear altogether. Good news for us, I reckon...

It really is quite shameful and demonstrates that those running The Rangers are not fit people to do so.  Despite playing week in, week out against dross opposition, the fans of this odious club support their new team in huge numbers and buy club merchandise thereby putting very substantial amounts of money into the club's coffers.  The fact that The Rangers' board now have to impose pay cuts means that they have totally mis-managed the finances of the club despite the scrutiny of what is happening.

Their ugly cousins across the city must be laughing their heads off.  The sensible approach for The Rangers was to keep wage costs low in the early years and make best use of talented youngsters.  Income could have been invested to pay for wages when they hit the big time again.  A knock on effect of this strategy would have been the emergence of youngsters who would be good enough to play at the top level and who would not cost as much as the established players they will need to invest in.  Their irresponsible strategy may have allowed them to win the diddy leagues by a country mile but it will make them less competetive against Celtic when finally they reach the top tier.

Considering we were once in that league dont you think the description is a bit condescending and unfair to the many part time teams that make up the Scottish league system.

• Agree 1

You've got to love McCoist defending a stay in a 4* hotel before their match at Forfar last night, despite the club losing £1M/month. Apparently, that is the only "professional" way to prepare for an away match. How come ICT can manage to play all their away games without an overnight stay at all?

When is that club going to wake up?

Didn't realise that and I cannot believe it! They were staying overnight for a game against FORFAR?! With an EVENING kick-off. An absolute joke.

Even if they'd been playing up at Wick, they could leave at 12 noon by coach and get there effortlessly 2 hours before kick-off if they desired. Actually, they'd probably indulge themselves and fly to that!

Glasgow to Forfar is only 2 hours by coach.  From their hotel in Carnoustie to Forfar is 45 minutes.  So they paid for the squad, coaches etc to stay in a 4 star hotel in order to save 75 minutes travel.  Understandable perhaps if it was a 10am kick-off, but for an evening match?!

Edited by Yngwie

In fairness, I should (reluctantly) acknowledge my misinterpretation of 'hotel-gate'. Have just been reading about it and it appears they didn't stay overnight as I 'accused' them of doing.

They arrived at the hotel for lunch and had rooms booked to rest in before heading to Forfar. But it's still inexcusable!!

In fairness, I should (reluctantly) acknowledge my misinterpretation of 'hotel-gate'. Have just been reading about it and it appears they didn't stay overnight as I 'accused' them of doing.

They arrived at the hotel for lunch and had rooms booked to rest in before heading to Forfar. But it's still inexcusable!!

...that's even worse!

You've got to love McCoist defending a stay in a 4* hotel before their match at Forfar last night, despite the club losing £1M/month. Apparently, that is the only "professional" way to prepare for an away match. How come ICT can manage to play all their away games without an overnight stay at all?

The biggest laugh of all is that they didnt actually stay in it. Apparently had lunch and pre match meal in the Carnoustie Hotel and had rooms made available for afternoon rests and spa facilites for all the players!!!! Cant see that came cheap

spa facilites for all the players!

This kind of thing (from the brochure):

ELEMIS ADVANCED PERFORMANCE FACIAL FOR MEN

Urban Cleanse Facial · 70 mins - £65.00

For oil rich skin. Therapeutic-grade products are used to eliminate blocked pores, neutralise

impurities and accelerate skin repair. Leaves skin clear and squeaky clean.

ELEMIS ADVANCED ANTI-AGEING FACIAL FOR MEN

Skin IQ + Facial · 70 mins - £65.00

For stressed dehydrated and challenged skins. An anti-ageing treatment with Time Defence

Wrinkle Delay and Time Defence Eye Reviver. Ideal to combat the harsh effects of daily

shaving, pollution and urban living.

spa facilites for all the players!

This kind of thing (from the brochure):

ELEMIS ADVANCED PERFORMANCE FACIAL FOR MEN

Urban Cleanse Facial · 70 mins - £65.00

For oil rich skin. Therapeutic-grade products are used to eliminate blocked pores, neutralise

impurities and accelerate skin repair. Leaves skin clear and squeaky clean.

ELEMIS ADVANCED ANTI-AGEING FACIAL FOR MEN

Skin IQ + Facial · 70 mins - £65.00

For stressed dehydrated and challenged skins. An anti-ageing treatment with Time Defence

Wrinkle Delay and Time Defence Eye Reviver. Ideal to combat the harsh effects of daily

shaving, pollution and urban living.

Must be the only thing at that club that is squeaky clean.

Considering we were once in that league dont you think the description is a bit condescending and unfair to the many part time teams that make up the Scottish league system.

Fair comment.  Having got into rant mode it was an inappropriate choice of word.  "Part time" would have been far more appropriate.  In that context it is interesting to consider that lads in the Forfar team would have been more likely to be working in the hotel before the match than relaxing in it.

• Agree 1

Our team do actually have overnight stays for some away matches depending on distance and k.o time.

Our team do actually have overnight stays for some away matches depending on distance and k.o time.

OK, but not for lunch, a pamper and a lie down before an evening kick-off in Forfar