Dunfermline -V- ICT

Scotty

Dont think it was Proc who was at fault for their goal it was Gillet!

You are missing the point. Proctor is the current choice for the 'which player should we slag off' competition. :shrug02:

Some of what is being written about him is a bit of overkill. He is a good player who unfortunately suffers from inconsistency particularly when he losses confidence in a game.

I'm surprised that either side could muster a single on target pass on that surface yesterday. I really don't want to hear any more central belt pish about our piitch after seeing that. The (occupied) stand side looked like a ploughed field after 5 minutes. No wonder people resorted to the long ball. It was a poor game though. Gnakpa needs time to settle, and proctor wasn't actually that bad apart from a couple of mistakes that could have been crucial. TB couldn't have put Rosscoe up against their nippy wee (Cardle, Buchanan) forwards, they would have turned him all day, so Proctor it had to be. Plus side is that Williams will be back next week so the aruguments become academic. Up front showed how much we miss Tade already, I did have to laugh at the Pars fans booing Gnakpa because they thought he was Tade early on. Hero of the day, however, was the bus driver. Respect.

• Agree 1

Having just seen the Dunfermline goal on Sky Sports it doesn't look like Proctor was at fault for the opener as others are saying. Looked like Gillet and maybe Tansey both went for the ball but were put off by each other. Poor defending regardless who it was. And apologies to Proctor!

• Agree 1

Poor game but i think the draw was a fair result. Foran is a fantastic captain and it showed yesterday. We played better when OTJ and McKay came on. I would start both of them next week.

Anyone hear some Pars fans booing Gnapka at the start? They need to look at the team sheet I think!

Edited by CapitalCaley

I should have been inside East End Park at the moment but I am sitting at home and my car is in Kingussie. For those who travelled down this morning and saw a small grey Citroen crashed into the embankment just south of the Tomatin bridge, well, that was me! Fortunately only my pride is hurt.

Glad to hear you got out fine. But you ended up with more entertainment, and certainly a more memorable day out, than those of us who made it to the game.

just watched the highlights proctor wasnt even near the ball for the goal so he wasnt to blame but he did look very shaky in the second half and was lucky that esson again made some crucial stops. It was all us in the first half without really making everyones favourite goalkeeper chris smith work. Second we were poor and looking desperate playing stupid long balls which had no effect all day. Tudor jones came on and we looked better in possession and the goal was great work by mckay who actually made us look more potent up front and a brilliant driven cross which ross put away was disappointed we couldnt drive on and get the winner but we didnt lose and that was the main thing even if the game was bollocks

Wasn't at the game yesterday but from reading this thread it sounds like it wasn't the greatest of games

An ugly point it may have been but possibly a very important point for ourselves

I think the important thing was that we left Dunfermline without a defeat

I personally think relegation is now between them and a very poor Hibernian

Dougal

• Agree 1

Strange game today. We probably had the best of the first half without creating any clear cut chances and were probably unlucky to be a goal down. Right at the end of the first half, Dunfermline won a free kick on the edge of our box, Hardie hit the crossbar and, when we failed to deal with the rebound, Cardle stuck it in the net. Poor defending from us - I thought the free kick was debatable but we really should've cleared it. I wasn't that downhearted at half time as we'd been in this position before in both league and cup at East End this season and come through it. For the first half of the second half though, we were very poor, far too many misplaced passes and unforced mistakes, and Dunfermline were given a few opportunities to increase their lead. In the first half we managed to make the ball 'stick' with our front players but in the second that wasn't happening and we were under increasing pressure. It was frustrating to watch and it seemed that the game was going to slip away from us.

Terry Butcher was obviously frustrated as well as he made two changes around this time, with Gnakpa being withdrawn for Billy McKay and Owain Tudur-Jones continued his comeback in place of Shane Sutherland. Both Gnakpa and Sutherland had been poor in the second period and I think that the introductions of McKay and Tudor-Jones made the difference. McKay has been in and out of the team since he joined but what he does give you is good ball retention up front and that was what lead to our equaliser. McKay took the ball into his feet on the edge of the area and held off three Pars players before slipping a clever little ball to Hayes wide on the left. Hayes' cross was superb, driven low to the back post and Nick Ross, who had a lively game, was there to knock the ball home.

With Richie Foran playing up front after being moved from midfield as part of the reshuffle following the substitutions we pushed hard for a winner and maanged to exert a lot of pressure without actually creating any clear cut chances. Dunfermline pushed forward as well but like us didn't really get anywhere.

Overall, I don't think we can complain about a draw, although we could easily have won had our finishing been better. We played an interesting formation, 4-3-3 but with Nick Ross pushed far forward most of the time. He had a decent game but the problem we had, even when playing well, was a lack of a dangerous striker. Gnakpa isn't bad, I'd like to see him take a few more chances but Shane Sutherland had a poor showing, not using his physical prowess to impose himself and looking unsure in possession as well. McKay coming on made a big difference. Tudor-Jones looked composed and assured in midfield - I think he could be a big player for us the rest of this season. I thougth Richie Foran, again, was excellent in midfield, he is settling into this new role very well and Nick Ross showed promise as an attacking midfielder. Josh Meekings also showed drive from right back.

On the negative side, our central defence had an off day, with Proctor looking particularly unsure of himself at points. I wasn't impressed with Greg Tansey, he looks a good player in the way he carries himself and moves with purpose but I didn't think had any valuable end product.

Having stayed in dunfermline, i have only just got back in so thought i would give my thoughts on the game. All in all i thought the game was pretty poor form both sides. Caley had the better of the 1st half with some good passing and moving in the midfield. I thought foran was excellent with his passing and distibution and there was a lot of running off the ball. All that was lacking was the final ball into the box and when there was a chance on goal the finishing was very poor. Dunfermline did not deserve a 1st half lead, good free kick but very lucky with were the ball ended up. Unlucky goal to lose. I thought in the 2nd half, we were very very poor in the 1st 20mins and were lucky not to go more behind. All the good passing from the 1st half and the moving off the ball just stopped, there was no width and we resorted to using the frustrating long ball tatic which was never going to work. sutherland had a poor game and mckay was much better when he came on, held the ball up better and look much more confident in going forward and did excellent in the goal build-up. Tudor-jones was also more effective than gnakpa when he came on although i thought gnakpa had a decent 1st half. All in all i think a draw was a fair score over 90 mins but a dissappointing game.

Esson - not a lot to do but did well when needed

Meekins - Average game, did well when going forward

Proctor - Poor game, think tokely for the next game

Gillet - Not bad considering he's a left back

Shinnie - Decent game

Hayes - Poor 1st half but improved in 2nd, great cross for the goal

Foran - excellent in 1st half, great awerness

Ross - Right place at right time for the goal, solid game

sutherland - Poor game, Lets hope tade is back soon, he;s been missed

Gnakpa - Ok 1st half, poor 2nd

Tansey - Played well, few cheep mistakes but all in all a satisfactory game

• Agree 1

I am afraid that our lack of a goalscorer was only too evident on Saturday. As most peeple have commented this was pretty dire stuff and the playing surface was a disgrace. We were the better of two poor sides in the first half and it was more even in the second half. Buchanan and Kirk both missed sitters and in the end a draw was probably the fairest result. Not sure if it was a 4-3-3 as it looked more like a 4-3-2-1 to me with Gnakpa and Hayes playing wide. Terry needs to figure out why we only appear to waken up at the start of the second half - our first half displays recently have been gash.

ESSON :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Didnt really have much to do - no chance with the goal.

MEEKINS :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: He does get forward but his final ball/cross is usually disappointing.

PROCTOR :clapping: :clapping: Again I have to feel a bit sorry for the lad as for most of the time he plays well but then always appears to have that 2 or 3 mistakes which is clearly lack of concentration and confidence - and again we were lucky that he didnt cost us the game.

GILLET :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: As I have alluded to before I feel that he is made for the "libero" role although he would evidently be better paired off with a more conventional centre half.

SHINNIE :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Nothing spectacular but safe enuff

HAYES :clapping: :clapping: I could have given him a real slap as he simply is not living up to his potential. He lost the ball on countless occasions but then he comes up with the goods to save a defeat.

FORAN :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Thought that he was immense - a real captain's performance. I have never really thought that he could perform in central midfield but he certainly proved me wrong on Saturday.

TANSEY :clapping: :clapping: Possibly didnt look good as he had to be compared with Foran. Personally I feel that he is another who is lacking in confidence and needs a goal or a good shot on target to bring that early season promise back.

GNAPKA :clapping: :clapping: Once he realises that he is not a wonderboy and starts playing as a team player and not an indivdual on show - the better.

SUTHERLAND :clapping: :clapping: Again I was unsure exactly what role Shane had been given. I still feel that he is wasted anywhere other than being an out and out stiker.

ROSS :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Again given the striker role and, to be fair, did OK although I feel that it is yet another stop gap. He is far more effective in a deeper role - in a role that used to be provided by Foran.

Also need to add that the two substitutions fairly warmed things up. Tudor Jones and mckay both earned :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: - Tenpole still looks as if he is in slow motion but his distribution could not be faulted whereas McKay's energy and chasing had been missed prior to his appearance.

I concede that we have had chop and change for a variety of reasons but I still feel that Terry and Mo do not have a first X1 in mind.

• Agree 2

Wouldn't argue with any of that, although I thought Tansey was tidy enough. We have to bear in mind that in a midfield with Foran, Hayes, Ross and Sutherland, Tansey is the most (or only) naturally defensive player there, and this is probably why he has been less of a goal threat this season than we might have expected after the first few games.

You are right that he was overshadowed by Foran in a similar role, but Foran was MOM.

• Agree 1

It's not often I'll agree with Johndo but the smileys and comments above are pretty much spot on.

Gnapka and Shane should have swapped positions after about ten minutes and we would have had a much more productive first half.

I really liked the look of OTJ when he came on. The guy has composure and didn't put a foot wrong. Might be worth a start on Sunday if his fitness levels wills see him through a decent portion of the game.

Apart from the cross for the goal I thought Hayes was very disappointing. It's a worry that he's having these "off days" on a more regular basis given the ability he clearly has to change a game in our favour.

Tansey is a bit of an enigma for me. I've seen him in action eight or nine times now, generally away from home, and he has completely failed to impress me. He works away but I'm just not convinced that the end product justifies his seemingly guaranteed starting place.