Butcher OUT?

Sonam

We are going backwards, Munro is doing the business for County who will probably get promoted. If it weren´t for Dunfermline I´d be VERY worried.

Seriously though, Butcher has made this team worse, time to get a new manager or next season we will go down.

We are going backwards, Munro is doing the business for County who will probably get promoted. If it weren´t for Dunfermline I´d be VERY worried.

Seriously though, Butcher has made this team worse, time to get a new manager or next season we will go down.

Sorry mate but I have to totally disagree with you. Butcher has brought enough players into the squad that can do the business. When they go out onto the field its them who have to shine.

As for the constant reflection on letting Munro go. Dont you think its maybe wearing a bit thin. Munro was let go. End of. I recently found out the reason why he was released and whether or not I agree with it it happened and its time to move on.

We have a team of very good players. We just aren't getting it right as a team. That can be put down to injury, constant changes or whatever but, I believe, the bottom line is we are a club struggling to hire that extra bit of quality that makes every other player try harder.

I look at the history of Scottish football and I see teams now in the lower leagues who once upon a time were the elite of Scottish football. They couldn't hold out on the low gates and neither will we. We will try but so will everyone else and our 3000 or so diehards are just not enough to keep us as one of the top twelve.

• Agree 1

he has gone....face it munro aint coming back. grow up, stop bleating and try supporting the team and not just slating it

jeeees fans these days

• Agree 2

I agree that it's not all Butcher's fault and the players have to shoulder some of the responsibility for their motivation and drive. I've only been at home games this season but the heads do seem to go down to easily for my liking. That said Butcher did bring in most of these players did he not?

However it's all a moot point anyway - hes still got over 2 years on his contract and who could/would come in thats better anyway?

Alex although I agree with most of your post I honestly don't think we have a team of 'very good players' I'd say reasonable with perhaps a couple of very good but in reality that's it (and it's all we can afford really). That is why it is so important that we have a team of players who give that 110% and battle till the final whistle IMO.

Unfortunately I do believe there is some credibility in the opening post. A lot of people need to take off the tinted specs. His team tactics and substitutions are sometimes baffling. If he thought that playing long balls up to a small striker was a good idea then he should think again, god knows he has had enough goes at it to see it won't work. Yes the players must shoulder a lot of the blame, but the lack of quality is embarrassing. We had passengers all over the park tonight. Tansey was terrible first half, Foran should have been hooked, Ross was well, just Ross, totally ineffective, Shane struggled to get the ball out from under his feet all night, McKay got no service and Tade was woeful and not for the first time. Thats more than half the team not playing and that put's too much pressure on the defence. Golobart was just back from a serious injury and tried his best, Rossco was just Rossco and Meekings and Gillet stuck manfully to their task. Esson never covered himself in glory either.

So, who will Terry blame this time. He picks the players, he got rid of better players and he decides how we play. Let's blame United for being better than us. We matched them until they went ahead, then we went backwards..

No I'm sorry, but sonam is just saying out loudly what a lot more folk are feeling. Terry, take a look at yourself and ask if you could have done more to prevent another humiliating defeat. We have never had such a weak back line as this ever. This is statistically our worst defensive combo yet. I know there are reasons for it, but we are unattractive to watch and your style is turning people away from the gates in their droves.

• Agree 8

tm4tj is spot on. I'm not calling for TB's head, but the last few games have been staggeringly similar to the defeats we were suffering in late 2008, when Brewster was heading towards lame duck status. Not only are we getting beaten comfortably, we are also tedious to watch.

I also badly want Alex MacLeod to tell me now why it was that Munro got chucked...

Come on - Munro got the boot in the Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole mode. He became a spokesman and spoke the feelings of the dressing room - and took the hit. But Munro is gone and that does not detract from the fact that we have not found a replacement for him and continued to play the game in a tactically naieve fashion. I am afraid that there are shades of Brewster developing.

• Agree 1

I am moving closer and closer to agreeing with the opening post. I have never seen an Inverness team with so little fight than in recent weeks. We gained a reputation on being hard to beat now it seems far too easy for anyone to score against us. For me Butcher has ripped the heart out of the playing squad and has replaced it with young players only here for 6 months to a year. I am not saying we should have kept all the older players but what is wrong with keeping them in the squad to have an influence on the younger players and pass on that fighting spirit we once had. How many players in the current squad will definitely be here next year? Apart from Buthcher's Golden Boy, Foran, I really have no idea. A few years ago we could have named our squad for the following season now with the exception of one of two changes. I understand change is needed to progress but have we really progressed at all? Yes this team is capable of better football than many ICT teams of the past but how often have we seen it this season? Consistently poor performances with the team showing no fight or passion for the club cannot be just down to the players on the park.

I think his season has had to be the worst run if injuries for a SPL team, certainly from what I remember. Again tonight we was weakened by injuries, and the team were too shy for the cameras again.

BUT, because of the way this season has gone, I think we should applaud the players and manager for getting us away from trouble for the moment. Lets face it, Dundee United are a team on form, and we are not as fluent at the moment. We now have some BIG games coming up that are a bit more winnable, starting with Killie.

I seriously think that next season, without injuries, we will see the better side of Terry and Mo's teams.

Guest Mahonio

I am also in the Butcher must NOT go camp, don't be surprised lol.

I reckon he needs to sort out the defence and also look for a goalscoring Striker who will guarentee us a goal nearly every game, someone like Fran Sandaza at Saints or Daly at Dundee United.

As i have said before, our team this year is the exact same as last seasons St Johnstone team, they were leaking far to many goals and couldn't score, look at them this season, their exactly the opposite, so if they can find good defenders and strikers then surely so can we and don't give me this, but we don't have money because i will respond by saying "neither did St Johnstone.

I am also in the Butcher must NOT go camp, don't be surprised lol.

I reckon he needs to sort out the defence and also look for a goalscoring Striker who will guarentee us a goal nearly every game, someone like Fran Sandaza at Saints or Daly at Dundee United.

As i have said before, our team this year is the exact same as last seasons St Johnstone team, they were leaking far to many goals and couldn't score, look at them this season, their exactly the opposite, so if they can find good defenders and strikers then surely so can we and don't give me this, but we don't have money because i will respond by saying "neither did St Johnstone.

It's not just that though, is it? On top of needing defenders and forwards, we also need midfielders who can dictate a game. Where was our midfield against Dundee Utd?

It's a whole damn team we need, not just a few players.

Guest Mahonio

Well, that is do-able if we have a complete overhaul of the squad.

It seems we are looking at players in England from League 1 and below whereas other teams look for players from Championship or around Europe, Sandaza came from Brighton so is it worth Butcher looking for Championship level players, even for the ones on loan?

I just don't know any more. The current squad are terrible. It's Butchers team. He has two years left in his contract so he is a long term project (if you call 2 years long term) but with his summer transfer window disastser I hope he can improve on this in the up and coming summer.

Edited by CapitalCaley

Remember when Munro went, Hogg came in. It's a matter of luck who gets the career-threatening injury. There's no guarantee that if Munro had stayed and no Hogg, then Grant would be out with a long-term injury. I can't see any other big misses (besides Rooney, who wouldn't have stayed) from last year (given that Duncan can't get a game for RC).

Hellooooo... Wake up call...

Our last 5 matches

Celtic

Celtic

Dunfirmline

Rangers

Dundee United

And you're calling for Butcher to go?

May I add to that we had a 7-game un-beaten run prior to those 5-games, including wins over third placed Motherwell and a good Hearts side and our SPL bogie team, Aberdeen.

No midfield...

Hayes and Doran are both injured. We lost Davies back to Wolves in January. OTJ isn't fully fit and was probably lucky to make the bench yesterday, not to mention the long-term lay off of Andrew Shinnie. Our only fit midfielders are Tansey, Ross and Foran.

I'm not going to dispute the fact performances and 'entertainment value' this season are anything to shout about. And yes, this is now Butchers team. But stop f***** crying over Grant Munro and Russell Duncan. They're gone. Get Over It.

Anyway, who are you going to replace Butcher with? Pele? Robbo now he's free? Or maybe you fancy ABV instead....

• Agree 13