ICT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

Well I dare anyone to watch a re-run of this on Alba and feel any semblance of satisfaction at the final whistle.

OK - we struggled back and earned a vital point which with our vastly superior goal difference means that we would have to go the rest of the season pointless and Dumbfarmlife will have to pick up at least three wins and at least 11 points and they only have 8 more games and 24 points left to play with (but 5 games and 15 points come in the split when some teams tend to look at potentials for next season - which leaves a 3 horse race). Again how many people were simply satisfied with the final score ? Oh and dont forget that it was a depleted Killie side yesterday with eyes on greater arenas than the Longman Dump.

Well I am in that group but I was hoping to see a few more positives and I didnt really get them. The only positive that I felt was present was the holding play of wee McKay but playing him up front on his lonesome is negligible. Tansey, as I have alluded to for weeks, can look like a player because of his swagger and his demeanour but he is not being played as a midfield general. He again was overshadowed by Foran who again works his socks off and his determination can not be faulted but I still feel that his best position is in the Tade role on the left. As for the rest I have said it all before. We can have a go at some of the players but they probably feel that they are not being played in a position where their strengths are utilised to the maximum. It is the tactics and the "system" that is letting us down. There may well be a call for armchair managers but the opinions and perspectives of the majority of the posters on this site can see that we have got it wrong this season and the majority are becoming more and more vocal. But we too are picking up scapegoats in players and it is the management that have to take some of the blame.

However I likened Gnapka as a "male model" due my previous pre ICT sightings off him. He is an expense that we could do without. I suspect that he probably expected a regular first team place and he will be a broody boy and looking at new horizons in the summer. But who took him here in the first place ?

And I was equally interested in hearing what Terry had to say after the match:

For them to get a point out of the game is a joke as far as I'm concerned," he said. (I did'nt laff) " They should have got nothing, (I thought that they were worth the draw) but we haven't done enough to put the ball in the back of the net. (agree and encouraged by the use of "we")

"The players have to accept that what they're doing isn't good enough in terms of being ruthless." (Oops - the we disappeared when apportioning of the blame takes place)

We've asked him (Cammy Bell) questions but not enough. I think we've only got ourselves to blame on that. (Back to the "we" - now we are going to get some self discloosure ?)

"I remember saying these words a few weeks ago, then a few months ago and at the start of the season. It's like a scratched CD as far as I'm concerned. "OOPS, its the scratched CD comparison. When I have a scratched CD I chuck it out and get a new one"

"How many chances did we have today? Probably about 20. Not so much clear-cut chances, but we scored one goal. That ratio does not work in football. (A centre forward would help or playing our potential goal getters in a forward role)

"The really good thing is that we are making the chances and, like I say, we dominated the game. (That is really struggling for positives and has a scratched CD feel to it)

"However, for us not to get three points in this game's an absolute travesty." (ah - lets finish off with a powerful word that focusses the blame elsewhere)

IHE, that post is pi*h. Does you no credit son. Sitting there as the Lord of Chorley handing down sarky pseudopsychological judgements at Butcher is getting tiresome. Aye, we know we need a centre forward, aye things are tactically mince at times but at a club this geographically isolated, with the fanbase we have and the budget available what more do you realistically think we should have? How much better can we realistically be? Can we afford to go out and have our Tore Andre Flo moment? Nah, we tried that with Niculae and you didn't like that much either if I recall. We unearthed Rooney, but were we ever gonna keep him? Nah.

So, yes, we have things to moan about right now, but perspective-please mate.

• Agree 2

I have never ever read so many different opinions of the same game. FFS I have to write the report and everybody has a different view of who did what.

Well, I must have been on the happy clapper pills as I thought with a liitle bit of good fortune we would have won that game convincingly. Alas our shooting is atrocious and Cammy Bell saved Killie on a number of occasions.

I'll stick my head on the chopping block and offer my opinions of the days events.

Esson, could have sat in the stand, had nothing to do until a late flurry of action after we equalised and Killie forced a few corners in succesion.

Meekings was strong enough in the tackle, did not have much to do either, his game went unnoticed, so could'nt have done much wrong.

Shinnie, allegedly was one of our better ones, never caught my eye but like Josh did nothing wrong.

Rossco, was generally commanding, the usual misplaced passes but held firm when under pressure in time added on.

Golobart scored a goal Messi would have been proud of, but got over it and oozed class, came back and bundled in the equaliser.

Tade, better than recent poor performances but wasted a few effort, did try hard, maybe too hard.

Tansey, also looked sharper than of recent, but really needs to get his boots on the right feet.

Foran, close to my MotM for running himself to a standstill, should have scored when through but Bell saved well, Richie won't need reminding.

Sutherland, again, he does try, and shoots on sight, but his sights are set too high I'm afraid, will do better with more experience.

McKay, I thought did pretty well, twisted and turned and held up play well when ball was on the deck, no finish like the rest of them though.

Winnall, unlike most I thought he looked pretty lively early on and him and McKay linked well, harshly hooked when others did less.

Gnakpa, the only player everybody agrees on. He started great with a cameo against St Mirren, it's all downhill after that. Bye bye

Ross, did enough to merit a start when he came on, if only he could finish as he is not wasteful when in possession.

Tudur-Jones, must be getting cheesed off with last minute subby appearances. Not enough time to pass judgement

Overall, we created enough chances to win half a dozen games, but our strike rate is laughable. I did think it was an entertaining enough game and the point was deserved, should have been three, Killie deserved absolutely nothing.

Golobart was my Inverness MotM, followed by Foran and McKay............Bell was the real MotM though with some class saves.

• Agree 8

TMFJ summed up exactly the game I watched. Was a glutton for punishment and watched the late alba showing and the chances we squandered was criminal. I think sometimes we watch different games but there is no doubt that watching live is different from watching on telly. For instance some of the players could hardly stand up at the end as they had worked so hard. No one could accuse the players of not trying for this one except for one exception.

Some laughs as well. Well done the naughty nurse and his mates in the north stand and foran stealing a drink of bells water when the later was injured raised a chuckle as well.

It was an entertaining game to watch yet frustrating at the same time.

The frustrating thing is down to how the mind works in front of goal, time for a bit more self belief and some confidence boosting things to do before the next game.

Think grande cojones in front of goal.

IHE, that post is pi*h. Does you no credit son. Sitting there as the Lord of Chorley handing down sarky pseudopsychological judgements at Butcher is getting tiresome. Aye, we know we need a centre forward, aye things are tactically mince at times but at a club this geographically isolated, with the fanbase we have and the budget available what more do you realistically think we should have? How much better can we realistically be? Can we afford to go out and have our Tore Andre Flo moment? Nah, we tried that with Niculae and you didn't like that much either if I recall. We unearthed Rooney, but were we ever gonna keep him? Nah.

So, yes, we have things to moan about right now, but perspective-please mate.

Actually if you care to look up the textbook charcateristics of a narcissistic personality then Terry fits the bill - and my observations are psychodynamically orientated. You cannot reach a rational formulation by being pseudo. But I have to admit that my views are becoming like a scratched CD but I am merely hoping for a sign for the better - which has not happened since my initial "diagnosis". I am not sure whether you have been able to focus your rose tinted spectacles on the many positive attributes that I have noted in the Butcher personailty quota. I wasnt referring to a high standard centre forward - and feck me Tore Andre Flo wasnt one anyway !! - but a player who has experience of playing in that role and is more of a front runner and a target man - perhaps even a promising loanee. Peronally I think that Sutherland could have the potential and that Tade should be allowed to plough the furrow up front in the headless chicken role but Terry has not given either of them the chance to show if they can or not. He can be frustratingly tunnel visioned at times.

Anyway I detect that you are probably projecting your frustrations on to me and away from our beloved leader - I am strong enuff to cope. :wink:

I really really wonder what some posters expect from ICT. We should have won yesterday, no doubt about that, and missed cahnces almost came back to haunt us. Bit wait a mniute, look at the chances we created, a lot through actually playing football, but that is totally ignored by some unrealistic expectations from some supporters. The team are low on confidence at the moment and that is very obvious but they gave their all for the cause. There is the bones of a good team in there and if TB does develop that next season, then he will have served his time here and it will be up to someone else to try and take us forward.

I do agree with a lot of what IHE said but not the way he said it. The weakest part of our game just now is our tactics which need to be sorted out. Now that we are almost safe, we should be looking to get these sorted for next season but Johndo, keep the psycho babble out of this, it serves no purpose other than it makes you look a pompous ****hole which I know you are not. At least you care for the club when I am beginning to doubt that others do.

well im in manfers camp on this one. I dont know where this came from after some really appalling performances but where ever it came from it was a vast improvement. But with that vast improvement we showed our underlying problem in many games this season - cannot score enough to win games we deserve to win. I though golabart was brilliant own goal a side and i though it was one of the best games greg tansey has put in in a caley shirt. I didnt think foran was great yesterday he gave away a lot of easy balls. Cammy bell was brilliant yesterday but we missed some really guilt edge chances. I thought mckay and winnall linked up well and looked dangerous just the final ball lacking again. I know we scored with 5 in midfield compared to the 4-4-2 but i though it tightened it up and made it harder and in fact it came from another great save from bell that allowed golabart to tap in. It was a much better performance and surprise surprise it culminates in us playing the ball on the deck.

• Agree 1

I really really wonder what some posters expect from ICT. We should have won yesterday, no doubt about that, and missed cahnces almost came back to haunt us. Bit wait a mniute, look at the chances we created, a lot through actually playing football, but that is totally ignored by some unrealistic expectations from some supporters. The team are low on confidence at the moment and that is very obvious but they gave their all for the cause. There is the bones of a good team in there and if TB does develop that next season, then he will have served his time here and it will be up to someone else to try and take us forward.

I do agree with a lot of what IHE said but not the way he said it. The weakest part of our game just now is our tactics which need to be sorted out. Now that we are almost safe, we should be looking to get these sorted for next season but Johndo, keep the psycho babble out of this, it serves no purpose other than it makes you look a pompous ****hole which I know you are not. At least you care for the club when I am beginning to doubt that others do.

Johndo is a nice guy but yon IHE is a pompous shitt stirring ersehole and proof that Olanzapine can be ineffective in the treatment of multiple personality disorder. At the risk of psychobabble repetition I really look forward to the day that Terry actually admits to being part of the problem - at any level.

Johndo is a nice guy but yon IHE is a pompous shitt stirring ersehole and proof that Olanzapine can be ineffective in the treatment of multiple personality disorder. At the risk of psychobabble repetition I really look forward to the day that Terry actually admits to being part of the problem - at any level.

Touche IHE!.

Just watched the highlights, essentially every ICT chance the BBC deemed worthy of inclusion all came from attacks where the ball was kept on the deck. That's more like it - it's far better and far more productive than this kick and rush hoofs we've seen in some of the games this season.

Don't know if this has been picked up on by someone else, but from the pictures on Alba, isn't Golobart offside when he equalizes?

McKay flicks it goalwards and Golobart is standing right on the line with no defenders or the goalkeeper obviously playing him on?

Not that I'm complaining, mind...about time we had some luck...

Don't know if this has been picked up on by someone else, but from the pictures on Alba, isn't Golobart offside when he equalizes?

McKay flicks it goalwards and Golobart is standing right on the line with no defenders or the goalkeeper obviously playing him on?

Not that I'm complaining, mind...about time we had some luck...

I think there was a Killie player behind McKay who wasn't quick enough at stepping out of the field of play.

Looks clear to me that Owngolobart was standing in an offside position when Mackay nodded it down. Pause the BBC highlights at 4mins55 and you'll see Golio's foot is just about touching the goal line, with the keeper and defenders all a couple of feet further out.

What's (nearest player and team captain) Foran's reaction standing over Golobart immediately after he nets the OG?

1. Help him up, give him some encouraging words and tell him to go and get one for the team.

2. Discreetly move away and take up position for the restart.

3. Lean over him, head in hands, shouting, and then letting him get up without helping.

Edited by Wanderer

option 1 or 3

as captain it wouldnt be right to just ignore it

it was just a moment of madness and i guarentee he wont live it down for a while theyll be able to laugh and joke about it now, but at the time though foran had to at least react

tbh i just laughed and said what a goal i just knew something like that would happen especially since we were on top.

Edited by lukemackay

Caley D I have no idea whether this man played half decent or like a goon. But I DO like YOUR attitude and, if his attitude was as bad as you say it was, then I fully agree with you and would not waste a minute before sending him packing s a complete failure.

Not having ability is irritating but a no fault situation; but not being willing to try is a sin and a half.

Do they think the money fans pay when they enter the park costs them nothing to earn?

What's (nearest player and team captain) Foran's reaction standing over Golobart immediately after he nets the OG?

1. Help him up, give him some encouraging words and tell him to go and get one for the team.

2. Discreetly move away and take up position for the restart.

3. Lean over him, head in hands, shouting, and then letting him get up without helping.

1. if it's sheer bad luck and nothing Golobart could do, this is the correct option

2. not correct for a captain

3. if a goal is conceded through lack of concentration and carelessness, this is the correct option - get yer act together and cut out the foolishness

There is no way any captain should react in such a way under any circumstances. He seems to me to be a bit of a bully, maybe just like his manager?

or maybe hes just passionate and wants the club to win.

it not like those of us in the stands reacted any different.

There is no way any captain should react in such a way under any circumstances. He seems to me to be a bit of a bully, maybe just like his manager?

or maybe hes just passionate and wants the club to win.

it not like those of us in the stands reacted any different.

I dare say he is passionate and wants to win but he should be showing his leadership skills and this is not the way to do it.

Sometimes a kick up the rear is leadership. Other times, an arm around the shoulder. Maybe Roman's being doing the fancy Dan in training a lot and he's been told to cut it out. In that case, it might be right for Foran to do it. Maybe that kind of treatment gets Roman fired up. Seems to have worked. But I don't agree there should be no discipline within a team, just a nice smile when lack of concentration's a problem.

I am sorry to say that performances like that will not get more fans through the turnstiles. Once again I have had just cause to think seriously about not renewing my season ticket for 2012-13 even with the prospect of playing the over-achievers from the other side of the Cromarty Firth at least three times.