Free entry to TCS

12th Man

I thought the title would lure you in.

Seeing as local schools and clubs can get in free to watch ICT, how easy is it to make this happen? Is there any criteria that has to be met? age limits, minimum numbers etc. For examplef if its for primary schools only, as there arent many matches left available for the primary 7s

If a few pupils or a class want to represent their school at TCS, whats the next step?

Edited by 12th Man

I'm no expert but would you not get a more reliable answer if you contacted the club directly. Explain what you have in mind and they can consider it.

1, Im slightly too old to apply, though I may sneak in if mental age is covered.

B. If I were to contact the club directly then only I would know the answer.

iii, Would it not be better to discuss on here and raise the awareness of the offer to those applicable before the season ends.

d. Thanks for your suggestion.

The Supporters Trust used to have tickets, but the club increased their own direct activity in these areas and it was felt we no longer needed to continue doing what we were doing and the money we were spending purchasing the season tickets could be redirected into other things.

As far as I am aware there's no hard and fast rules on who can get tickets and who can't...but obviously their will be criteria in regards to groups of kids being suitably supervised by accompanying adults etc.

We now direct any enquiries we get to the club themselves and have had no negative feedback from any of the groups we used to assist in the past who now deal with the club for getting tickets.

With the attendence at the last home game just over the 3000 mark i think trying to get more ppl in by free tickets to youngsters is a great idea. The season is reaching its climax and we are still needing vital points to ensure safety. The more ppl in the ground the better. The club MUST do more to increase attendences. Inverness should be getting around 4000 for your Kili, St mirren, St johnstone etc games. 3000 is almost embarrassing

In the clubs defence, I'm not really sure what more they can be doing in that regard. Every school in the area knows that they can pretty much have as many tickets as they need for any/every home match if they want them....which begs the question as to why they aren't taking up the offer!!!

We constantly hear the complaints about ICT not doing enough...but I think it's equally justified to point the finger at the city, the schools and the residents and to ask if they are doing enough. ICT has done for more for Inverness than Inverness has done for it...would be nice to think that the situation balanced itself out at some point in time.

ICT should put the tickets into schools like the old days (i used to get alot for div2&3 games). then run a mini bus thru stopping outside the schools to pick folk up and charge £2/3 to transport them thru and back maybe slightly more for people to supervise them!.

if you told parents they could shift the kids to a game for the day for under a £5 i'm sure most would bite yer hand off!!

ICT should put the tickets into schools like the old days (i used to get alot for div2&3 games). then run a mini bus thru stopping outside the schools to pick folk up and charge £2/3 to transport them thru and back maybe slightly more for people to supervise them!.

if you told parents they could shift the kids to a game for the day for under a £5 i'm sure most would bite yer hand off!!

nice idea but one or two problems

1. minibus 12 seats ish. 2-3 adults so 9 kids. that could mean a lot of running around

2. fuel costs are extortionate at the moment so would hit the clubs pocket even with 2-3 pounds per head

3 liability insurance would no doubt be hefty on the mini bus too

In the clubs defence, I'm not really sure what more they can be doing in that regard. Every school in the area knows that they can pretty much have as many tickets as they need for any/every home match if they want them....which begs the question as to why they aren't taking up the offer!!!

We constantly hear the complaints about ICT not doing enough...but I think it's equally justified to point the finger at the city, the schools and the residents and to ask if they are doing enough. ICT has done for more for Inverness than Inverness has done for it...would be nice to think that the situation balanced itself out at some point in time.

100% agreement CD. There is, and never has been, any doubt in my mind that the club has done far more for the town than vice versa. Public agencies such as the council and INE (in its day) have chipped in also.

My wife works in a school and is a season ticket holder, I asked her yesterday about this and she was totally unaware. Quite possible that while the information may have gone to headquarters or headteachers the 'people on the ground' may not have been made aware. Ultimately it will be those who have to organise and distribute the tickets. The Highland Council is not renowned for its communication!

P R work is very important.

In Canada many players on the ice hockey teams use their reputations to gain entry to kids' hospitals, schools for the disabled and other charity work. The kids get so excited and love them and their visits...if a disabled child has been lying in a bed for months then you can imagine what a huge uplift they get if one of these massive hockey players , all decked out in their playing gear, comes in to the ward and and sits down on your bed for a face to face chat. From all accounts, the players also get a real charge from it too. Frequent lotteries are run for these organisations with the participation of the players and so on.

All of this gains approval in the community and stresses the fact that the local "hockey" team ....e.g. The Vancouver Canucks, is really interested in the welfare of the disadvantaged and in participating in the community face to face.

ICT would benefit by asking players to go to see kids in hospitals in this way and give out free tickets to anyone who is there on the day. They must sew the seeds of goodwill around the city and that means that they have to go out into the community and be direct with the message that they are a good club, are interested in helping the disadvantaged and meeting people half-way. There may be doctors and nurses there who have never considered going to a game and one visit by the players may just be the trigger to "at least take-in one game".Especially if they have kids.

Face -to face is what is needed because people like to see who you are and assess your character and worth. Simple as that. A genuine desire to help, and improve the day to day life of an injured or disadvantaged child, can be appreciated all round.

The players should be encouraged to do this kind of community work because soon it will not be simply a chore but an emtionally rewarding experience.

Over to you , folks.