ICT new home shirt 2012-14

ForzaCaley

It's getting to that time of year again when we wonder what next seasons home strip will be. Personally I would love it if we got shot of errea! The quailty of the strips are always pathetic and reminds me of the fake tops you can get abroad. Also with c*unty having nike i feel almost jealous of them. However I've lost all hope that we will ever get rid of errea because as far as I'm aware we get paid to use their shirts.

So, what (errea) design would you wish for in the 2012-14 seasons?

I like Brightons last two home shirts. I have a link below, just scroll down untill you find them. brighton also use errea, so just imagine either the 2010-11 0r 2011-12 shirt in blue and red and thats what i would like. A sort of barca esque blue and red striped shirt aswell would do nicely!

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion.htm

• Agree 1

Yeah, I'll not be buying another Errea one, their quality is woeful for something that is supposed to be suitable for the rigors of a football game and the sizes bizarre. Feel cheap plus pulled threads and bobbling after just wearing 2/3 times, for £40 no thanks. When I complained I was told it was my fault somehow, strange then that I have Scotland strips from when I was in secondary school and they still hold up fine 15 years later!!

• Agree 1

I'm no fan of Errea, but that is mostly to do with the lack of larger sizes...both with shirts and across the entire product range...meaning I get to purchase myself a shirt or a polo or something only once every couple of years if I am lucky.

I don't think you can really pull Errea apart (solely) on the basis that the quality does not compare to strips from years ago as pretty much all modern day strips are of inferior quality....certainly in terms of durability. That's progress for you though and the demand for modern light weight materials that come with specific wash instructions that need to be followed to the letter etc is part of the cause. In saying that...I have a shirt I was given when I did the FFiT course and it's been worn during exercise and washed dozens of times and is still in as good a condition as it was the first day I got it!!!

With regards to C*unty using Nike...as far as I am aware they simply buy-in Nike shirts and badge them up, there's no shirt deal and they have to take designs "off the peg" as it were.

Errea don't pay us to wear their shirts, but I believe they do operate a credits system, so the more we sell the less we have to pay towards team strips (or something like that)...it may well be that we sell enough to offset the cost, but wouldn't know for sure.

I don't think you can really pull Errea apart (solely) on the basis that the quality does not compare to strips from years ago as pretty much all modern day strips are of inferior quality....certainly in terms of durability. That's progress for you though and the demand for modern light weight materials that come with specific wash instructions that need to be followed to the letter etc is part of the cause. In saying that...I have a shirt I was given when I did the FFiT course and it's been worn during exercise and washed dozens of times and is still in as good a condition as it was the first day I got it!!!

For the replica football shirts, I would agree that in my personal opinion, Errea is not good. This may be my bias in terms of the sizing too, but I have always felt the quality is "iffy". Having said that, I still have, and wear, a couple of Errea branded ICT polo shirts that must be nearly 8-10 years old and with the exception of a small pin-prick hole in one of them, they almost look as good as new !!!!! Those were top quality.

Adidas produce all MLS team shirts and the difference in quality and "attention to detail" in their offerings is instantly noticeable. However, sizing is also an issue as they only go to XXL (which fits me). I'm a bit old for wearing skin tight tops now anyway ... so as long as I can get a couple of decent polos every so often I am good !

Have to disagree with Caley D or either that he needs to come and do my washing for me! :lol: :lol: The Errea football tops are poor quality as is the sponsor logo on them, Even if you stick to the washing instructions they pull easily, dont clean well and the logos just seem to peel off. The away shirt before the current one was particularly bad. Have tried everything such as hand washing and washing inside out and it doesnt work. The boys have adidas Scotland shirts and they are a joy to wash and last forever but I will conceed cost more to buy.Only seems to apply to the football tops as the training tops wash ok as do the jackets.

I'm sure we all moan about the same thing every year when a new strip is in the offing whether it be home or away and tbh doesn't it get just a bit boring? Not bored of everyone moaning about it more that we actually have to moan about it as we shouldn't have to, not at the price we have to pay for them.

I agree with Old Caley Girl with respect to the away one before last, it was awful and mine had more resemblance to a ball of wool a kitten had got to rather than a football top!!

When is someone actually going to take notice of the fact that the quality is just plain sh#te, do we all need to stop buying replica tops to make a point?

It is only with the strips as well, I have one of the big heavy jackets, it's warm and durable and shows no signs of wear unlike the replica strips.

I like Brightons last two home shirts. I have a link below, just scroll down untill you find them. brighton also use errea, so just imagine either the 2010-11 0r 2011-12 shirt in blue and red and thats what i would like. A sort of barca esque blue and red striped shirt aswell would do nicely!

http://www.historica...Hove_Albion.htm

Brill, Blue & White Home and Red & Black Away - bring it on :wink:

Ya can stick yer blue and white up yer ***e

Seriously though, regardless of what we think about quality etc, we are committed to Errea in a deal that is benificial, and is working, for both club and supplier and so long as people buy replicas then I dont see that changing.

There is no comparrison with them across the bridge because they dont have a manufacturers deal. They buy what they fancy and get their women to iron on the rest. Last year it was Adidas this year Nike. Next year it could be home woven flax from the peat bogs of Ross-shire that the dolly-pegs are holding on the line strung between the chrome plated 'Hobby' trailers.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ya can stick yer blue and white up yer ***e

Now now Alex. What on earth do you have against blue and white? Would you prefer red and black home and blue and white away? :lol: OBTW - I could wipe it with the red and black one

Edited by caleyboy

• 3 weeks later...

here are Errea's new templates for next season. this is my preferred choice, the camden shirt. blue with white and red pin stripes please! :bouncyblue:

http://www.errea.it/ENG/detail/grp=competition-man/prod=camden-shirt-ss-ad/idgruppo=112/idprodotto=D100

I do very much like Mansfield Towns new home shirt also. Imaging the same template with blue and red

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/mansfield-town-201213-home-and-away-errea-kits_15220

here are Errea's new templates for next season. this is my preferred choice, the camden shirt. blue with white and red pin stripes please! :bouncyblue:

http://www.errea.it/...idprodotto=D100

Not sure on that blue white and red. Its very County like. Especially with the dark blue.

Wouldnt have minded this if our away strip was being updated:

d120_000041.jpg

I would really like that as our away top. I wouldn't hesitate buying it and its far better than our current one. Looks like a France away top.

• Agree 1