ICT new home shirt 2012-14

ForzaCaley

I'll get right back to you.....

......struggling with a Renegade on the line at the moment.... :fishing:

:slapme:

I think though, my point really still stands. This constant switching between block blue and red trim to red and blue stripes seems a bit strange to me. It's almost like the club is still searching for it's true identity. The red and blue stripes to me represent the intertwining of Caley and Thistle and creates a design that seems to be unique in this country (and is actually fairly rare worldwide too for that matter), while also managing to end any comments that came with former shirts, of really being nothing more than a glorified Caledonian kit (why the club always has a block coloured blue shirt and never red, doesn't help matters and has never been revealed). You'd never see Celtic going from having hoops to an all white top for example, or Manchester United switching to red and white polka dots now would you?! Stripes are the way to go for ICT I reckon.

I may be getting ahead of myself here somewhat, but why does the club seem to have fetish for white away kits? Seems a bit bland to me. I'd like to see a bit more variation in the away kit department myself (not a return to that god-awful orange kit though!). I was thinking something akin to Athletic Bilbao's away kit with an ICT twist, ie - predominantly green with red and blue trimming. That would look pretty snazzy I reckon.

Edited by Renegade

I don't really get caught up in the whole "must be stripes"....or any of that. So long as it looks good.

I'd have no problem if we went with stripes all the time (or any other set layout/style), but think there's something to be said for having a bit of variety.

P.S. I have no idea what the new strip is like...could be red and black stripes for all I know, and I'd have no problem with that, even as someone who was previously of the Caley Persuasion. I'm of the ICT persuasion now and it's the badge on the shirt that matters.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here but mysely, mrs ymip, ymip jr (ICT diehard), miss ymip and ymipette are off on our summer jollies on Tuesday. Ymip Jr has been harping on about getting next season's strip for his holidays and as per usual we have no product to purchase. This happens every summer and it frustrates me hugely that an SPL club is unable to secure a delivery schedule which coincides with peak kit buying season.

Funnily enough we're off to Italy and within reasonable driving distance of Errea's base in Parma. I'm thinking of nipping past and encouraging them to get their finger out and get the bleedin' gear delivered.........you never know we might even get our mitts on a strip before the club do.

• Agree 1

I don't really get caught up in the whole "must be stripes"....or any of that. So long as it looks good.

I'd have no problem if we went with stripes all the time (or any other set layout/style), but think there's something to be said for having a bit of variety.

P.S. I have no idea what the new strip is like...could be red and black stripes for all I know, and I'd have no problem with that, even as someone who was previously of the Caley Persuasion. I'm of the ICT persuasion now and it's the badge on the shirt that matters.

Red and Black are not our registered colours so we would need to re-register new colours with SFA/SPL and I don't see us going to that bother.

Edited by caleyboy

Red and Black are not our registered colours so we would need to re-register new colours with SFA/SPL and I don't see us going to that bother.

It has to be done every year anyway

SPL Rule B10.1 By 1st June (or such other date as may be fixed from time to time by the Board) in each year, all Clubs shall submit to the Company written details of their first, second and, where applicable, third choice colours (of shirts, shorts and socks) and such details shall be published in the Directory of Clubs printed in the League Handbook.

It has to be done every year anyway

SPL Rule B10.1 By 1st June (or such other date as may be fixed from time to time by the Board) in each year, all Clubs shall submit to the Company written details of their first, second and, where applicable, third choice colours (of shirts, shorts and socks) and such details shall be published in the Directory of Clubs printed in the League Handbook.

Well done Alex :teacher:

Cant be much worse than this surely?

00282870%20-%20250x179.jpg

:pukeleft:

That no 5 of the six.......the one with two solid colour blocks is worse...as is the Croatia one..and the first one of the six. Bear the lady supporters in mind......vertical stripes are slimming! :lol:

Cant be much worse than this surely?

00282870%20-%20250x179.jpg

:pukeleft:

That no 5 of the six.......the one with two solid colour blocks is worse...as is the Croatia one..and the first one of the six. Bear the lady supporters in mind......vertical stripes are slimming! :lol:

It's no only the ladies thatneed slimming verticals :drinking05:

I would like to stay with the stripes. Old fashioned view but i think every club should have a standard strip that is part of their idendity and just a few tweeks here and there every season.

Edited by gordieict
  • Agree 2

Here's a thought. If all teams played in skins and the players got the team strip tattooed onto their bodies:

1. We wouldn't change strip every season
  2. The club wouldn't have to shell out on team kit
  3. No laundry needed
  4. No more bookings for taking a shirt off to celebrate
  5. No more jersey pulling
  6. Players would be a helluva lot more loyal!

I just can't think why this hasn't been done before.

• Agree 1

I'm thinking of nipping past and encouraging them to get their finger out and get the bleedin' gear delivered.........you never know we might even get our mitts on a strip before the club do.

Pre-match beer, juice n crisps for the YMIPs on me if you undertake this mission and get a photo on here before the official launch...

d110_000206.jpg

Just been on the Errea website. Spotted this nice one...

I've not been through the whole thread, so apologies if it's been previously posted.

I'm just looking forward to the kit release, and would be happy if it was somewhat similar to this design

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

With the first pre-season game this Saturday, presumably the shirt will be announced sometime this week. In saying that though, ICT are usually pretty late in announcing it and Errea seem to have a habit of being a bit slack. Remember that time the black away kits never turned up until about October!?

• Agree 1

Don't be shocked if they don't have the new kit for that game. I'm sure at Clach a few seasons ago they had the old shirt with a sticker or something over the sponser (when we switched from Flybe to Orion)

• Agree 3