Scotty

An ugly win but who cares when H*bs lose and the Pars only draw. Only one point behind the pack above now.

The first 5 mins on Alba with Camelot instead of the game left me frantically searching for the BBC's telephone number. However, it suddenly switched over about 2 mins 30 secs into the match.

Our defence played well and Johnny Tuffey slotted in fine. Ryan has a groin injury and is a doubt for Wednesday. The midfield played okay in the first half but looked a bit lost in the second. Tade, the goal apart, and Sutherland were pretty poor.

What game did you watch? Ugly win? The passing in the first half was excellent, pressed them high up the park and actually played them off it! Tade ran himself into the ground as an integral part of that high pressing game and Sutherland had one of his best games of the season in that "ok" midfield. After Meekings was sent off it was always going to be wagons in a circle time and we dropped off. that's why the midfield looked lost - they were defending. I know you can't please all the people all of the time, but c'mon.

edited for spelling

Edited by davie
  • Agree 2

Calderwood: Terrible defending by Proctor...

Well Gringo, I was at the match and have just watched it again on TV and I have no idea where Mr Calderwood gets his opinions from! I think he must read the nonsense posted on here at times!

Proctor was, along with every ICT player, a hero out on that park. If we cannot be proud of our team after that 'backs to the wall' defending, then something is very wrong with our support.

Back in the Bon Accord GC after the match, the admiration for the ICT performance being expressed by the Dons supporters underlined the fact that we played so,so well.

Forget Jimmy C, have a look yourself at Proctor and co and be proud of their collective display. At this point I would like to be able to say .. just look at Rossco, Tade or Golobart BUT it is unfair to single out any individual player after that team performance.

It was a Calderwood quote not mine.

Gringo, you will see that I acknowledged this in my offering.

A few minutes before Meekings got sent off, I think Shinnie was fortunate not to get a red after preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity with a very deliberate handball.

He lost his footing whilst defending a long ball and instinctively threw his arm onto the ball to stop it running for the attacker just outside the box. Nice work Graeme, the ref didn't even blow for a foul!

Was looking forward to the P and J today to read Chris Crighton's weepy Aberdeen Fan's View and he certainly didn't let me down, giving the impression that only ABerdeen were playing and that it's all their own fault for not winning.

But the actual match report - forget the guy's name, not Paul Third, the other one - was pretty much as Aberdeenoid as the Fan's View. He admitted that Caley had scorched the first half but the whole tone was about how disappointing it was that Aberdeen are rubbish and it really ought to better than this and it's no fair etc.

Enjoyable reading for all that.

Guest Mahonio

Was looking forward to the P and J today to read Chris Crighton's weepy Aberdeen Fan's View and he certainly didn't let me down, giving the impression that only ABerdeen were playing and that it's all their own fault for not winning.

But the actual match report - forget the guy's name, not Paul Third, the other one - was pretty much as Aberdeenoid as the Fan's View. He admitted that Caley had scorched the first half but the whole tone was about how disappointing it was that Aberdeen are rubbish and it really ought to better than this and it's no fair etc.

Enjoyable reading for all that.

That will be Michael Gannon, usually there is a 2 page report, Fans View and Managers view for both sides (2 pages for Aberdeen, usually by Mr Gannon and 2 pages for us, by Steven Kasiewicz) but today we only got a managers view and David Sutherland's view and also an article about Butcher strengthening.

Aye, and Granpa Broon describes us as 'Highland Undesirables'. Wait till the central belt sympathisers have to double their journey's along the A9.

Where did he say this?

He was reported to have said it pre-match. Seen it in one of mondays papers

On the subject of bias, Reporting Scotland on Monday evening only had eyes for the OF game.

I'm sure they used to give a bit of coverage to all of Saturday's SPL games on Monday evening, but the last few times I've been looking out for ICT highlights they only seem to show Celtic and Rangers and whoever they were playing.

Is this just me being biased, or the BBC?