Buchanan

Harry Chibber

or maybe the 2 trials that he had at ICT he didn't impress, thus why there was no offer made for him  :023:

He's only had one trial with us.

Prunty scored plenty of goals in the first division but was not an SPL striker maybe we thought he wasn't to the standard we were looking for????

Prunty didn't score many goals for us full stop!  :015:

"We have had Liam up here before and he's invited again. With Craig Dargo leaving, it opens the door even more for a player such as him to come in and prove he can be good enough in the SPL."

link

...but he did when he dropped to the first division

I don't get how we have missed out on Buchanan, he just didn't impress and wasn't offered a contract.. .. end of!

Maybe the fact he has scored nearly as many goals in 1 season than Bayne has in his entire career might have been a pointer  :023:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Divisions below, Wyness was already quoted this month in saying how difficult the step up to the SPL is in term of goal scoring ratio.  Buchanan wasn't offered a deal and chose a different club, hopefully we will find someone more suited to the SPL.

I'm very surprised you can be so blase about someone who was obviously a signing target for the club that we fecked up on getting

Don't get me wrong I thought he would be a decent enough signing as a back up striker but I haven't seen him on the pitch.  CC and Parkie have obviously had that benefit and didn't think he would fit in or they would have offered a deal

We need to see what striker/s we do get in before we can say that we've lost out on a deal

We need to see what striker/s we do get in before we can say that we've lost out on a deal

Yeah you are right I just get the impression we hadn't counted on him signing for someone else which is a bit amateurish at best. Surely a natural goalscorer (no matter waht level) going for very little money is worth the risk - we've wasted money on players with 'bigger' potential already  :017:

It seems to me there's a lot of dobbers on here who think we've ''lost out'' by not getting Buchanan, maybe we have maybe we haven't. If the lad hasn't proved himself strong enough or fit enough for our highly respected management team and they had offered him a contract, would the club not then be guilty of panic buying? At the start of the transfer window as well! Shocking, put your trust in CC et al.

4th stand -exactly the impression I was getting as I drove home to the finishing line of this post.

You now have my authority to change your name to "one-nigh" instead of "4th".  :012:

Hey Mun(s) --there's more fush in the sea than ever cam oot o it. Aye! :003:

I don't get how we have missed out on Buchanan, he just didn't impress and wasn't offered a contract.. .. end of!

Because we were interested in the guy, had him in for trials, should have been scouting him, wanted him up for another one but another club gave him a firm offer of guaranteed full time football - i.e. we missed out on him. Seems pretty obvious that he did impress as they wanted him up again but were to slow to go for him.

I'm very surprised you can be so blase about someone who was obviously a signing target for the club that we fecked up on getting

It's the Happy Clapper way. No criticism of the club is permitted  :002:

As above - he was a signing target. We wanted him to come up for another trial but he didn't want to risk the uncertainty of not being offered a contract by us and instead of being fobbed around by offers of trials he went for a concrete offer from Partick. We lost out on him.

Yeah you are right I just get the impression we hadn't counted on him signing for someone else which is a bit amateurish at best.

Exactly what I think. We've had since January to look at this guy and decide if he was good enough. Did any scouts go to the games involving the lad? That's what they are there for after all.

We will only be able to say what we have or haven't missed when we see the lads performances against SPL opposition. Personally I dont think we've missed anything. Heres a lad who has not been noticed by any other club in all his time at Cowdenbeath. He's now 22 and still a part timer!

Obviously, by choosing a mediocre, mid table 1st division team he has shown his true ambition. If he wanted ICT he'd be fighting to show his worth not issuing press threats.

We have signed players from our youth squad who are likely to turn out as good if not better, and they have experience against SPL opposition, be it in the reserves. Lets give them the support and forget about the wee Buchanans of the world who think they are big.

We will only be able to say what we have or haven't missed when we see the lads performances against SPL opposition. Personally I dont think we've missed anything. Heres a lad who has not been noticed by any other club in all his time at Cowdenbeath. He's now 22 and still a part timer!

Bookmarked.

When will we ever learn? Another example of why we should keep signing targets quiet until they are in the bag! :018:

Personally I think the boy has done the right thing and serve his full-time apprenticeship in the SFL before stepping up (if ever) to the SPL. Let's not forget our own prolific legend Ian Stewart found it very difficult to score goals in SFL2 after blitzing the 3rd Division.

When will we ever learn? Another example of why we should keep signing targets quiet until they are in the bag! :018:

Personally I think the boy has done the right thing and serve his full-time apprenticeship in the SFL before stepping up (if ever) to the SPL. Let's not forget our own prolific legend Ian Stewart found it very difficult to score goals in SFL2 after blitzing the 3rd Division.

the management team obviously didn't think he was good enough for an immediate bid and wanted a further look.  I'd rather we didn't dive into signing players prematurely.

Oh and Ian Stewart scored 16 goals in 25 starts in our first season in the Second Division and was injured during our second season there.

the management team obviously didn't think he was good enough for an immediate bid and wanted a further look.  I'd rather we didn't dive into signing players prematurely.

Oh and Ian Stewart scored 16 goals in 25 starts in our first season in the Second Division and was injured during our second season there.

So you agree then?  :024: