Finally common sense at Pittodrie!

PaderbornCaley

There's quite a few Caley Thistle fans that stay away from Pittodrie - especially after the shambles of last season. Twenty two Caley Thistle fans ejected from the stadium by stewards using force, attempting confrontations with fans and with the stewards behaving like hooligans. On that day, there were no police present at Pittodrie - it was an experiment that backfired. The same happened earlier this season and also well into double figures, Motherwell fans were treated the same way. It made the press aided by Tam Cowan.

I was delighted to find out on Saturday that Pittodrie have a revised 'safe standing policy' for the away fans. The back six rows are now reserved for standing. No need for these new flat 'safe standing' seats that's been talked about. Simply crowd control supervision so that there is 1 person to each seat / space. No views are blocked, no hassle, and everyone was 'safe'. They also appeared to have lots of new stewards from the last time. Many people will know instantly who i'm on about when I mention the female steward with the blonde hair who usually stands at the top of the stairs. The same one who i've seen shout and scream at fans and pick on kids at will. I also found out that she has been demoted and is no longer allowed near away fans due to her bullying and intimidating attitude. Pleasing.

Suddenly Aberdeen has gone from a poor match day experience to a very enjoyable one! Of course, our win helped! So, I am now looking forward to the next trip to Pittodrie (whilst standing safely).

• Agree 4

Common sense has prevailed, its also good to hear that complaining about bullying in the correct way does get things resolved.

shame its not the same for ticket prices

the look on that womens face when she found out she couldnt chuck me out because i was under 16 last season was hilarious.

one of the stewards came up to me and said he was a caley steward (while telling me off for kicking my chair because it would flip up on its own) do we supply our own stewards for some away games?

Edited by lukemackay

Being U16 does not prevent you from being ejected, it's just that the responsible adult you are with should leave along with you.

well thats what the steward said to me

and i didnt have a responsible adult with me. just a crew of 15 year olds

It was a pleasent surprise to be able to stand and chant for an entire SPL match without a stweard telling us to sit and be quiet

I was, however, surprised not to see too many hi-viz jackets floating about, as according to the Daily Record in the week, Aberdeen were looking to have 'nominated personel' who will be issues with 'megaphones' to rally up the fans.

I really did enjoy the chanting. Some old ones, some new ones, and even a shout or two for past players as the game went on. Superb...

• Agree 2

I have to say that because we were given a bit more freedom yesterday by the stewards i thought that was the best away day ive been at all season in terms of atmosphere. The way we wheeled the team home towards the end with constant singing put the hairs up on the back of my neck. It meant alot to the players and TB, that was clearly evident.

Oh and the fact you could still hear us at full time on Alba through their TV adverts shows we can be well heard, you can only project that kind of noise if your standing up, so i think the stewards deserve a bit of credit for simply leaving us be, even if its taken them forever to do so.

• Agree 3

was at the game with Lukey and AJS and like sandy said above, probably the best away day for singing I've been at for a very long time and that was without doubt because we were allowed to stand!

Last night the back three rows of section E were all standing (we didn't make any noise however cause there was fook all to shout about) and we were never bothered once by the stewards. Which brings me to this question for CaleyD as he asked for fans ideas on safe-standing a few weeks back. Would the club be prepared to allow the back 5/6 rows of the section E to be a designated standing/singing area?