Trains from Sneck to Aberdeen on a Sunday

Caleyjag

I'm coming to Inverness for the weekend on June 15th and got the train up for £8.20, however for the train on the way back Scotrail are looking for £27.80! Is this normal or should I hold on to see if they reduce the price?

The £8.20 fare is the cheap Advance Single fare that you can get that ties you to a particular train. That £27.80 will likely be an Anytime Single so you can travel on any train that day (possibly any day). It may be that all the Advance Singles have been taken for your return journey. See if you can go back at a different time as these cheaper tickets are only available at certain times of the day.

Yer right....on trainline.com, the whole day...the return Journey is £27.80 regardless of what day you come back. I was In aberdeen last month...and it was about £16 for day return. Maybe if you wait till nearer the time. Ad buy the cheap ticket just now, and try gain for return ticket in a month or so

Edited by SMEE

PS...i priced the cost of going to Manchester for Stone Roses gig in the summer on trainline. Last time i checked....(fair enuff, it was about a year ago) it was £45.....so allowing for increases etc...i was expecting the same return journey this time to perhaps cost about £55-60. s things stood, it was about £130. I fully expect that price to come down nearer the time.....surely?

Prices will go up if you wait because the cheap tickets will have gone.

A while ago I was looking at train prices to Leominster in Herefordshire. The return price was horendous. Two singles were cheaper but what was the cheapest option I could find was to get a single from Inverness to Glasgow, then a single from Glasgow to Crewe and then another single from Crewe to Leominster. Some of the pricing is just unreal.

Bus is usually a cheaper option.