How did you become a fan?

Proctor

My grandfather (Donald MacDonald, Dochfour Drive,) used to take me to Telford street in the late sixties. TBH I was more interested in collecting the empty lemonade bottles and returning them to the shop for the deposit. Oh, and I had an uncle called Joopy Mitchell who by all accounts was one of Caley's best ever players. My mother would send me to Diggars and you had to support the Caley if he was to cut your hair.

Being very wee and heading to Telford Street on a cold winters afternoon and getting to play on the pitch at half time with other kids, hooked for life after that!

Don't miss that bloody wall that was the 'toilet' though!

Friends of the family, Allan Milligan and John Stewart (Caledonian fc regulars) took me to see CT in April 1996 at Telford Street, i was 7 at the time. Caley won 2-0 i think and straight away i was hooked. I've always been quite proud that i can say "I was at Telford Street" and that I've seen ICT in every division. but we always stood on the terrace just to the right of the main stand, never in the howden end (sorry IHE). Although I do remember the pie shop at the back of the howden end. i thought it was great how you could que for a mars bar and watch the game at same time!

Friends of the family, Allan Milligan and John Stewart (Caledonian fc regulars)

Haven't seen the Milligan fella for a couple of years. He seems to have stopped going to away games and at home I think he's in the wrong stand. Remember the Mantis to him will you?

John Stewart is another fine guy and you can find him here- http://www.caledonianfc.co.uk/Team%20Photos/7677.jpg

When I was in p7 we moved to Telford Street and my uncle took me to see caley play hearts in a friendly. Was instantly hooked and have only ever supported caley and caley jags. Like others I was determined that my boys would support their local team and not the old firm .

Had a good laugh at that pic mantis, Tommy cumming hasn't changed a bit eh?

Been looking through yer site but cant see any pics of Andy Penman? and idea when he signed and how long he played for? i had 77-78 in me mind?

Me? i started off getting taken to Kingsmills as a kid to see the Red and blacks, but my grannie came back from a trip engerland with a complete Everton strip for me (feck knows why) went to see Caley play jags at telford st and as soon as i saw Caledonian run out, i knew they were the team for me.

Was taken to a Jags game by my father in the late 70s and can still remember where we stood that evening. After that they were my team and when the 'quango' Jags were formed there was only going to be one team. Was strange at first sitting in the stand at caley park watching CT as they were then but watching ICT in the SPL (mostly unfortunately on OSN Sports these days) still gives me a buzz to see how far our club has come in such a short time.

Grew up beside Kingsmills and was a Thistle supporter, with Aberdeen as my 'big' team. By the time I'd moved to Glasgow at the end of '91, though, I'd pretty much lost interest in football. Then 5 years later, my best mate, who'd started going to see ICT occasionally after they were formed, suggested going along to a league game against Albion Rovers at Cliftonhill. We won 3-0 and that, and the terrific surroundings, were enough to get me hooked. That game was also the game where Tokely scored his first ever goal for the club, I think. He also scored in the next one I went to, away to Queen's Park. I must have thought he was ICT's answer to Henrik Larsson...

Im not one of the Caley or Thistle premerger clan, I was taken to a Thistle game once when I was about 10 or 11 but I felt bored,(awaiting a smart comment from the Caley fans) I would rather play football as a child than watch it, I think it was something to do with struggling to stand still for 10 minutes as a child never mind a full 90 but I now realize you can learn different things watching football being played than just playing at football.

Years later,I moved job and a few work colleagues were ex County players and one of them currently played for them, all that was talked about was football,football,and more football, so I decided to go and see what all the fuss was about.

My first match was Caley Thistle v County in div 3. I decided that I would stand in the home end and support the local team even though a workmate would be playing for County that day.

I took one one of my pals sisters friends who was a Caley fan, ( I though to myself going to football has its perks) we humped them, 4-0 I think and have been going ever since.

I used to go to about 75 % of home games through the years plus a few aways, I enjoyed many giant killing cup games and decided to get a season ticket when we went into the SPL for the first time,(excluding Pittodrie) I bought it as a way of gratitude for taking ICT from the 3rd Division to the SPL.

Reflecting on our past, reminds me to go to a match on the 22nd of April, to pay homage to a couple of players that Ive enjoyed watching over the years.

Im not one of the Caley or Thistle premerger clan, I was taken to a Thistle game once when I was about 10 or 11 but I felt bored,(awaiting a smart comment from the Caley fans) .

About to EXPLODE here...but resisting temptation :P

I'm in the Army and been posted to Fort George a few occasions over the years with the Black Watch and now currently with 3 SCOTS. On previous occasions did some stewarding when ICT were in first division. Being out at Fort George I saw them team regularly training. Being in the Army constantly moving around so no real affiliation to a team. But now put my roots down in Inverness, a place I am now proud to call my home. A commited season ticket holder with ICT.