Scotty

Yeah i would say we have some decent players but most of the squad is mediocre. Next season probably without Hayes? We're going to struggle, Butcher needs to have a great summer to improve this team.

Out of interest...would you care to share the names of the ones you think are decent? Im curious to know how many of this current squad people actually think are up to the job

For next season i would have Doran, Esson, Foran, Gillet, Andrew Shinnie, Graeme Shinnie, Hayes, Tade, Ross, Tudor Jones, Tokely. If anyone else leaves i wouldn't be upset. Those players could make a team of...

Esson

(Missing) Tokely Hogg Gillet or G Shinnie

Foran Tudor Jones

Hayes A Shinnie Doran or Tade

(Missing)

That with replacing the missing links and a new Centre back would work well.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Two games in a row where we have had the lion's share of possession and couldn't turn it into wins.

At this rate we could finish 11th and be firm favourites for relegation next season.

Our strikers couldn't light a match!

Two 90th minute substitutions! Not for the first time this season I ask what on earth the point of that is.

Despite many of the posters on here being tolerant of Terry, my patience has now worn thin. He clearly talks the talk, but as he has shown at other clubs before, he doesn't walk the walk.

His tactics have been suspect all season. We have massively regressed this season. We can't use the injuries excuse any longer - all clubs get injuries.

Many other clubs would have binned Terry by now. In the recent poll about how satisfied people are with him, I voted 'fairly dissatisfied'. I'd now change it to 'very dissatisfied'. I fear the man is a 'chancer', an opinion I felt right from day one, but fought hard to repel for over two seasons, but now I think I was right all along.

• Agree 5

Two games in a row where we have had the lion's share of possession and couldn't turn it into wins.

At this rate we could finish 11th and be firm favourites for relegation next season.

Two 90th minute substitutions! Not for the first time this season I ask what on earth the point of that is.

Despite many of the posters on here being tolerant of Terry, my patience has now worn thin. He clearly talks the talk, but as he has shown at other clubs before, he doesn't walk the walk.

His tactics have been suspect all season. We have massively regressed this season. We can't use the injuries excuse any longer - all clubs get injuries.

Many other clubs would have binned Terry by now. In the recent poll about how satisfied people are with him, I voted 'fairly dissatisfied'. I'd now change it to 'very dissatisfied'. I fear the man is a 'chancer', an opinion I felt right from day one, but fought hard to repel for over two seasons, but now I think I was right all along.

Amen to that...i think sheer Desperation is the answer!

• Agree 1

And i agree wholeheartedly. I dare say i will be singled out and attacked for that, as i often seem to be anytime i inject a large dose of reality. I think maybe my cute little avatar makes me an easy target.

Lets be honest.....we still went down in out first half season with Butcher, a situation which was salvageable when he took over. Second season, we went up from a league which is notriously difficult to win.

Season three.....we allow Butcher to throw the whole ICT ethos out the windows and we have struggled ALL season, and have regularly played some of the most clueless football i have seen from an ICT team. Thank fook we have had a team who couldnt buy a win at home all season in the league....or we would have been looking at our second relegation under Butcher in three seasons

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 3

Lets be honest.....we still went down in out first half season with Butcher, a situation which was salvageable when he took over. Second season, we went up from a league which is notriously difficult to win.

Season three.....we have struggled ALL season and have regularly played some of the most clueless football i have seen from an ICT team. Thank fook we have had a team who couldnt buy a win at home all season in the league....or we would have been looking at our second relegation under Butcher in three seasons

Your missing out last season when we done exceptionally well i thought. So good i thought Butcher ruined it by ditching half the squad that almost got us top 6. This is where my problem starts with Butcher, up until this point i thought he had done a great job.

Season three.....we have struggled ALL season and have regularly played some of the most clueless football i have seen from an ICT team. Thank fook we have had a team who couldnt buy a win at home all season in the league....or we would have been looking at our second relegation under Butcher in three seasons

Your missing out last season when we done exceptionally well i thought. So good i thought Butcher ruined it by ditching half the squad that almost got us top 6. This is where my problem starts with Butcher, up until this point i thought he had done a great job.

Bottom line is.......i fear for ICT under Butcher. I think he has long since run out of ideas. I dont mind being 11th in the league...as long as we had a bit of fight about us. To be where we are, and playing some of the worst football i have ever witnnessed, well, that dont sit so well with me.

Jefferies? Geez

I'm not saying Jefferies is who i want to replace Butcher but if he came to be new manager he is more than adequate to do the job. Whats wrong with Jefferies? I think he established himself well as Hearts manager both times and when at Kilmarnock finished in the top six 3 or 4 times. Has Butcher got a better record than that? Geez i don't think so

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Agree 1

We do not have an out and out capable striker. The difference between us losing and winning today, is that we couldn't put away our chances. McKay hitting the post Tade through one on ones and cant stick it in the net. Hibs scored 3 from open play, we had 1 penalty ( well taken) and a great cross which went in. Late substitutions are not effective and punt up the park to a wee non effective striker is not a winning formula.

And i agree wholeheartedly. I dare say i will be singled out and attacked for that, as i often seem to be anytime i inject a large dose of reality. I think maybe my cute little avatar makes me an easy target.

Totally agree with this. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, I hate the term 'happy clappers' as it's good to see the bright side of things, but right now we have no bright side at all.

I have no opinions at all as to who could take over which some I think will take this as a redundant statement but BUTCHER NEEDS TO GO! He has and has done for most of THIS season made wrong choice after wrong choice, claiming after each loss he'll make changes and the 'boys are ready for the next game' but has left each time empty handed.

I never saw the game today but spoke to my old man who said a penalty (yes a long time coming) and a cross/shot that totally confused the keeper was the only things of worth. Tade and McKay guilty again of one on one disparity and a lacklustre midfield followed by amateur defending cost us the game. Hibs had 3 CHANCES and took those, not 3 shots, 3 chances. Hopeless.

Again as always said, thank god for Dunfermline.

• Agree 1

so much sympathy for terry, as imo, he put the correct team out and got his tactics spot-on. tade has missed far too many 1 on 1s this season and mckay has 1 goal all season. the game should have been put to bed before ht.

• Agree 1

Bottom line is.......i fear for ICT under Butcher. I think he has long since run out of ideas. I dont mind being 11th in the league...as long as we had a bit of fight about us. To be where we are, and playing some of the worst football i have ever witnnessed, well, that dont sit so well with me.

I kind of agree with you, but wonder if your opinions come from viewing the games in person or jumping on other people's bandwagons? You always seem to say you cant make it to games but also say its the worst football you have witnessed. As a matter of interest, how many times do you witness it in person at the stadium in an average season?

so much sympathy for terry, as imo, he put the correct team out and got his tactics spot-on. tade has missed far too many 1 on 1s this season and mckay has 1 goal all season. the game should have been put to bed before ht.

How can you say it was the right team and then say McKay scoring 1 goal all season, and Tade the ever brilliant master of one on one mess ups? Surely they should have been dropped? Also Tansey (woop dee doo he scored a penalty), Foran? Meekings? All of them should never be allowed to play after week after week of poor performances.

I kind of agree with you, but wonder if your opinions come from viewing the games in person or jumping on other people's bandwagons? You always seem to say you cant make it to games but also say its the worst football you have witnessed. As a matter of interest, how many times do you witness it in person at the stadium in an average season?

I think SMEE always watches the games on tv so if there has been about 10 games this season then IMO thats enough to judge on how the team is performing over a season.

That was an utter embarrassment. Hibs fans won't be able to believe their luck. They were hopeless, disorganized and couldn't put two passes together - so what does that say about us?

I'm sure there will be plenty of apologists who come on and say "we had all the possession", "we created chances", "we've had lots of players injured" - these excuses don't wash with me. Our two goals today were a penalty (which looked a bit soft from my view) and a fluke. McKay has played 1,182 minutes of football this season, all at centre forward, and scored one goal. It's more than 1,000 minutes since he last scored. I don't give a damn if he runs a lot and his link-up play is good - it clearly isn't helping the team. He may work harder than big lugs like Garry O'Connor, or Scott Vernon (Aberdeen), or Paul Heffernan (Kilmarnock), or Steven Thompson (St Mirren)...but these guys have all scored far more goals. Tade had a mare on Wednesday, and picked up where he left off; his touch was dreadful and, like McKay, he too made an arse of a one-on-one.

Our midfield were pretty dreadful today aside from Hayes (who, apart from a good ten minutes at the start, did little else until his moment of good fortune). I'm sick of watching Tansey apologize to teammates a dozen times a game for giving the ball away cheaply. Foran looked slow and his touch was rotten. These guys have started 28 and 31 league games respectively - what do they have to do to get dropped? Gavin Morrison couldn't be any worse than they are. Graeme Shinnie looked like what he was - a full-back who was out of position.

As for the defence...well, watching that would have left Alan Hansen contemplating suicide. Tokely just decided to watch and admire Hanlon's run and free header for their first. Neither of our two left-backs could stop their winger crossing for the second - and O'Connor was given all the time in the world to score. As for the third, Meekings and Tokely just stood off and watched, and even then Griffiths' shot should have been better dealt with by Tuffey. I thought Golobart did all right, but is it possible for a defender to be MOTM when his team have conceded three?

As soon as we concede a goal now, we cave in and our manager does not know what to do to turn things around. He has no plan B. His substitutions are bizarre - even though we were losing, he still took 79 mins to make one sub - and then brought two guys on in injury time. What is the point of that? It is clear to see there are no tactics - he simply chooses eleven players and a formation and leaves them to get on with it. There is no organization, and I don't believe there is much motivation either. Few, if any of the ICT team look like they want to be out there playing football.

So our last 9 games read as one win, three draws and five defeats, 6 scored, 16 conceded. Remember the end of the 2007-08 season, when we only won three of the last sixteen under Brewster? Watching Caley then felt a lot like watching them right now does. And remember what happened the season after that...

• Agree 9

I think SMEE always watches the games on tv so if there has been about 10 games this season then IMO thats enough to judge on how the team is performing over a season.

Unfortunately in football, it's a result business, and you don't need to be at all the games where we've lost to see that somethings wrong. And that's a lot of games!

How can you say it was the right team and then say McKay scoring 1 goal all season, and Tade the ever brilliant master of one on one mess ups? Surely they should have been dropped? Also Tansey (woop dee doo he scored a penalty), Foran? Meekings? All of them should never be allowed to play after week after week of poor performances.

who would you have played? tansey imo was decent today and didn't think meekings was any worse than the other 3 defenders in the 2nd half. ideally, i would like to see winnall up front but the team created numerous chances - more than enough to win the game.

• Agree 1

We should've won that match by half time. It was so so one sided, we just couldn't score.

Second half...hmmm, still more chances, yet we rely on a penalty, and a flukey cross going in for our goals. While Hibs play woefully all game, make 3 chances in the whole game, and come away with the win.

How Tade is playing at this level is beyond me. He's got no control, can't score, and little else close to skill. Why Butcher ever took Winnall on loan is a mystery, as he must be seriously pish if Tade gets a game ahead of him. Then again, who knows, as he's been given barely a chance to prove himself.

Same with Sutherland. The lad looked like he had a bit of promise when he was used last year, but he seems to be turning into the new Rory McCallister this.

McKay will come good I reckon. His overall play is very good, and to be fair, he's been a bit unlucky with the chances he's had in the last few matches.

To many players (Foran, Tansey, to name 2) seem to want to walk the ball into the net when a chance comes their way, and it's infuriating to see chance after chance go begging.

Thankfully this season is nearly over. It'll be interesting to see the transfer activity in the summer. If we lose Hayes we're going to be relegation favourites next season for sure.

• Agree 1

who would you have played? tansey imo was decent today and didn't think meekings was any worse than the other 3 defenders in the 2nd half. ideally, i would like to see winnall up front but the team created numerous chances - more than enough to win the game.

Gillet, WInnall, Jones, Pineyar, Morrison? And I am sick to death of people saying we created chances but couldn't convert as if it is an achievement! Like a PS3 game and you get a trophy for 'Most chances amassed'. Today 2 chances out of many were converted and Hibs 3 out of 3. I think the maths makes sense there.