Scotty

i think we will finish in 11th spot

But you know what I`d be happy with that just to write off this season

and start again next season

Remember Oct/Nov we were 4 points adrift at the bottom Dunfermline were 5th or 6th !!

Is it true that Butcher wouldn't speak to the media after the game?

Presumably he's trying to work out how to explain to the press that this defeat, like all of our defeats, is everyone else's fault but his.

And, of course, he'll tell them that he's going to make 42 changes to the starting lineup for next week.

• Agree 4

Presumably he's trying to work out how to explain to the press that this defeat, like all of our defeats, is everyone else's fault but his.

And, of course, he'll tell them that he's going to make 42 changes to the starting lineup for next week.

he said he would make big changes for this game bringing in players that hadn't got their chances in recent weeks. It didn't look like that to me. He brought in players that had been out injured thats all. Nothing significant at all.

Bottom line is.......i fear for ICT under Butcher. I think he has long since run out of ideas. I dont mind being 11th in the league...as long as we had a bit of fight about us. To be where we are, and playing some of the worst football i have ever witnnessed, well, that dont sit so well with me.

I kind of agree with you, but wonder if your opinions come from viewing the games in person or jumping on other people's bandwagons? You always seem to say you cant make it to games but also say its the worst football you have witnessed. As a matter of interest, how many times do you witness it in person at the stadium in an average season?

You dont need to pyshically be at the games in 2012 to be able to reach conclusions. I have seen/heard enuff full games this season to qualify making a statement about things. Then we have all the other posters on here who seem to suggest all is not well with ICT. Also.... ever heard the saying that the league table dont lie?

Edited by SMEE

'Team of strangers' 'No day off' 'No one is safe' etc IMO will be the order of the day.

• Agree 1

Looks to me like depriving the players of their day off on a continual basis is producing the wrong kind of backlash. Not the sort of behaviour to bring a squad together.

could not belive butchers line up. 2 left backs gillet and shinnie down left hand side.

hibs were the worst side i have seen this season, we were the second worst.

if butcher stays on after this season and we manage to stay up he has an even bigger rebuilding than last year.

gillet. out

this guy is not a footballer. he is quick but has sh1t ball control, needs 2-3 touches to get ball under control. other teams sus this out and close him down quickly which then results in him hoofing ball from what should be decent possesion.passing is woeful.

today all he has to do is hoof ball away. not for the first time this season he slices ball straight into air and then has to play ball out for corner. hibs then get corner 2 and score off corner 3.

later in the same position has to hoof ball away with right foot this time. i could not believe how bad his ability is as he manages to kick the ball over his own head instead for a hibs throw in.

foran out

had had his day.

tansey out

mackay out

billy no goals one on one first half could not for the first time take the chance.

cannot hold ball, not strong enough, poor first touch

tade out out out

no ball control, looses posession too easily.headless chicken

hibs were crap today, going nowhere. tade has a 1 on 1 to make it 2-0 and kill the game.

not for the first time could not take the chance.

lost posession on left wing all too easily which resulted in ball to griffiths for hibs third goal.

there must be better players out there somewhere, but can we get them to come to inverness.

i have rarely had an enjoyable experience at home this season. the main reason you go to watch a game is to see your team win, certainly provide more entertainment than what has been on show this year.

if we stay up this year i think next year will be just as bad. muirfield mills need to get their hand into their pockets again. 250k is not enough i think

i will not pay for 4 season tickets next year to watch what i have seen this season.

will not even mention g-m-s

man of the match

forget this nonsense. we have been so bad this season it must be really hard to select the best of the crap on show.

i can only summise that as today was april 1st they gave the award to the biggest fool in the team.

Still waiting to hear any of the "usual suspects" come on and tell us all how desperately unlucky we were and how we're doing really well considering how injury-stricken the team is.

if butcher stays on after this season and we manage to stay up he has an even bigger rebuilding than last year.

gillet. out

this guy is not a footballer. he is quick but has sh1t ball control, needs 2-3 touches to get ball under control. other teams sus this out and close him down quickly which then results in him hoofing ball from what should be decent possesion.passing is woeful.

today all he has to do is hoof ball away. not for the first time this season he slices ball straight into air and then has to play ball out for corner. hibs then get corner 2 and score off corner 3.

later in the same position has to hoof ball away with right foot this time. i could not believe how bad his ability is as he manages to kick the ball over his own head instead for a hibs throw in.

foran out

had had his day.

tansey out

mackay out

billy no goals one on one first half could not for the first time take the chance.

tade out out out

hibs were crap today, going nowhere. tade has a 1 on 1 to make it 2-0 and kill the game.

lost posession on left wing all too easily which resulted in ball to griffiths for hibs third goal.

there must be better players out there somewhere, but can we get them to come to inverness.

I agree with much of this. Gillet did have a bad day today. But over the season he has been one of Terry's better imports, even winning Player of the Month a couple of times. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first game back after injury. Generally I prefer him at left back to Shinnie.

I agree re Foran, McKay, Tansey, Tade. But why did you stop there? Meekings?, Williams? Gnapka? And probably one or two others!

Terry made it evident at the start of the season, by his clear out of most of the ICT old guard, that he wanted his 'own team'. Well he has got it and it is clearly much poorer than the old one.

So the buck must stop with Terry.

• Agree 3

Absolutley CMIB! This is my main bugbear regarding our situation. I posted last summer as to whether or not we would benefit from the Terry Butcher approach to things. I think its safe to say...things have not gone to plan. Will he learn from it or continue to flog a very dead horse. The latter seems to be his chosen option

Edited by SMEE

gillet. out

foran out

had had his day.

tansey out

mackay out

tade out out out

I agree with much of this. Gillet did have a bad day today. But over the season he has been one of Terry's better imports, even winning Player of the Month a couple of times. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first game back after injury. Generally I prefer him at left back to Shinnie.

I agree re Foran, McKay, Tansey, Tade. But why did you stop there? Meekings?, Williams? Gnapka? And probably one or two others!

Terry made it evident at the start of the season, by his clear out of most of the ICT old guard, that he wanted his 'own team'. Well he has got it and it is clearly much poorer than the old one.

So the buck must stop with Terry.

sorry i did not go further. just went for what i saw on show on wednesday and today. getting too old to remember more than two games.

to be truthful i have praised some of them this year on other occassions

Praising the team (when its merited) is not good enuff for some on here. You have to be creaming yourself over every performance...otherwise...your seen as negative on here by some

Edited by SMEE

Still seething at today's performance. We did it in August against them and again today. Yes there have been highlights through the season but too few and not consistently enough. I don't think it is too much to expect a win today against a Hibs side that are probably the poorest footballing side in the SPL and if anything were worse today than when they beat us 0-1. I don't think we need a full scale clear out but it will need 3 or 4 new players to be added to the squad. The biggest challenge is how do we change tactically to take the next step forward. I know we are not the worst team in this league but at times we like to show that we could be. A new approach is required soon or the rot will set in. Six games to go for these players to show that they want to be part of the set up next season and for our management team to show they have the ability to actually do it.

• Agree 2

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Terry Butcher : "That 90 minutes just encapsulated our season.

"In some parts, we were very good, but in other parts of the game we were absolute rubbish.

"We gave away a soft goal at the first because Ross Tokely was not marking his man. Kenny Gillet was then at fault for the second goal and Josh Meekings the third.

"In the second half, we had the back-four from hell."

Worst post match interview ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can he blame his 787869774769308757th back four when he changes the back four 75629573205757603728568569 times?!?! There was never enough injuries in the season to warrant as many changes as he did to the back four!

Blame game again from Butcher and surprisingly no mention of Tade, Tansey, Foran, McKay, ad any other player. Obviously this is a snapshot from the BBC but if this is the crux of the interview then we need to get shot of this man! What a poor poor poor excuse.

• Agree 4

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Terry Butcher : "That 90 minutes just encapsulated our season.

"In some parts, we were very good, but in other parts of the game we were absolute rubbish.

"We gave away a soft goal at the first because Ross Tokely was not marking his man. Kenny Gillet was then at fault for the second goal and Josh Meekings the third.

"In the second half, we had the back-four from hell."

Worst post match interview ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can he blame his 787869774769308757th back four when he changes the back four 75629573205757603728568569 times?!?! There was never enough injuries in the season to warrant as many changes as he did to the back four!

Blame game again from Butcher and surprisingly no mention of Tade, Tansey, Foran, McKay, ad any other player. Obviously this is a snapshot from the BBC but if this is the crux of the interview then we need to get shot of this man! What a poor poor poor excuse.

Sorry, my point being, why just blame the defense? And NOT surprisingly he didn't mention Tade etc.

I typed out posted so quickly out of rage there!

Have to disagree with gillet out. He had a poor game today however many times this season I've felt he has been MOTM. Starting to agree regarding Foran, he has desire but he's really beginning to irritate me, often giving the ball away then whining that it was the recipients fault.

First half today was a joy to watch but must take our chances and build on our corners. 9 in the first half yet all wasted.

• Agree 3

Absolute crap. Really fed up with Butcher's PR and excuses. Like an earlier poster I am seriously considering whether to buy my two season tickets next year or just pick and choose my games.

There is potentialy a real problem with season ticket sales as there are quite a few 'floaters' in this area who will think nothing of going to watch their SPL football over the bridge next season. It could be argued that there will be a far better atmosphere up there in a more compact ground plus the novelty of a new team in the league.

I wonder what the Director of football thinks of the product we are being given for our hard earned cash? Haven't heard anything from him for ages about the plans for the future etc etc

agree with annie mac.

since when has richie foran been a central midfield player, not so much a criticism but he arrived as a centre-forward and what we are lacking is a goal-scoring centre-forward why persevere with him in this holding role.

would really like to see morrison or nick ross in there alongside tansey but that's never going to happen is it ?.

• Agree 1

Post-match interview is accurate IMO.

Accurate maybe, but necessary to slag of individual mistakes? I guess BBC might have a word limit or time limit to their interviews but he could have at least mentioned the rest of the team. And if it really does encapsulate the season, then he has to admit his mistakes there as well.