Scotty

TB needs to take more proactive action when things are not working, Tade should have been hooked for Winnall after an hour, take off McKay for Gnakpa, why not?

Because Gnapka wasn't on the bench?

He wasn't? Never realised, he injured?

am i on anti depresants or are you on depressants because all you ever seem to post is about how bad we are.

im as unhappy with the result as anyone but for 64 minutes we were better our whole team than hibs and we realy should have won not winning was a huge disapointment for everyone but im looking at it from the point of view that we were 100 times better than we were on wednesday and we certainly got a response from the player the main difference for me was that hibs had 2 clinical finishers in their side who took their chances when they came to them.

I post about how bad we are because ***NEWSFLASH*** we are worse than bad, we are relegation material. This season we've been bloody fortunate that Dunfermline just happen to be worse than we are. I'm confident on showings like today, Hibs will finish above us. Don't be surprised to see us as bookies favourites for the drop next season.

Being better than the opposing team for 64mins, isn't good enough. You can't polish a turd but you're certainly doing your best to roll it in glitter, eh? You're saying that the only difference was that they had better finishers. Well is that not fundamental to the game?! Who's fault is it that we don't have clinical finshers? Who's fault is it that we're stuck with a clueless but hard working First Division level forward who can't finish a fish supper?...

of course been better than the opposition for 64 minutes isnt good enough i made that clear when i said after that we ''crumbled'' but the point im trying to make is we could have been away by that time 2 or 3 -0 because of our lack of ''goalscorer'' who imo is andy shinnie whos injured. and that cost us. whereas hibs had o'connor and grithiths both proven scorers. wheras we had tade who although he has 9 this season and we all love him frustrating as he is, is guarenteed to miss chances. finishings a fundamental of the game but proven finishers arnt cheap. and arnt easy to come by

of course been better than the opposition for 64 minutes isnt good enough i made that clear when i said after that we ''crumbled'' but the point im trying to make is we could have been away by that time 2 or 3 -0 because of our lack of ''goalscorer'' who imo is andy shinnie whos injured. and that cost us. whereas hibs had o'connor and grithiths both proven scorers. wheras we had tade who although he has 9 this season and we all love him frustrating as he is, is guarenteed to miss chances. finishings a fundamental of the game but proven finishers arnt cheap. and arnt easy to come by

Wait... You know we're not good enough, but you're still vomiting rainbows? :furtive:

That truelly was the lowest ive felt this season as an ICT fan. The rollercoaster of emotions ended with me feeling very depressed at what i saw throughout that 90 minutes.

Same old story. Missed chances, poor defending, late goals blah blah blah. I'am absolutely sick to death of it. I dont care if we performed better than we did in the St Johnstone game and i really don't care about what excuses were churned up at the end. We simply were not good enough.

Hibs weren't any better but the difference is they had 3 chances in that game and they took them. We had 3 in the first half and didnt take any. We had at least two more before we needed a penalty to get ourselves in front.

This is by far the weakest ICT side i have ever seen in terms of fighting spirit because their arses simply dropped as soon as Hibs drew level and this was followed by the usual headless chicken routine of passing to shadows and chasing a game we know we should have had dead and buried before Hibs even drew level.

I just want this season to end. I will never give up on my team but i have defnitely given up on this season and achieving anything even remotely worthwhile.

• Agree 3

The strikers were poor - Tade, the guy is so unpredictable even he doesnt know what he would do, as for McKay - why do we insist on playing him and when we do why is it always long balls. Gillet was poor and Meekings not much better. Tokely was out of position for the corner and overall we should have defended set pieces better and when we had corners they were all to predictable without enough variation.

I thought Jonny had a decent game and tried to play the ball, Golabart did well and shows commitment I thought and Shinne had a few decent touches but not enough. Too often though the high and long ball was played missing out the midfield which leaves Foran & Tansey anonymous in the game - we need to change the style of play.

Overall we had enough chances to win but the strikers we have lack the quality required, time to get Tade another partner, but for a big strong guy he is poor in the air (jumps like he is wearing diving boots) and should be better at holding the ball up.

Not sure I can be bothered going to another game this year now - I just hope TB sees what we all see and addresses the issues in the summer, or next year we will be the Highlands 2nd team and fighting for survival :(

Have just read the Daily Don (P&J) and TB's take on the game. It was Tokely, Gillet and Meekings fault in that order.

I have been supportive up until now but must reopen the Grant Munro case, surely chickens coming home to roost as we have struggled in central defence all season, while by all reports Grant has been player of the season up the road, and may well punish us next season. Terry may well have won his battle last year, but is clearly losing the war. Also his persistence with playing players so clearly out of position and so consistently all season (injuries are not the case yesterday - why was Shinnie preferred to Nick Ross, Shane Sutherland and who is this Winnall everyone is asking about? Even Gnakpa why was he leaving the ground at 2.45?) I am afraid there are more questions arising every game and the answer is certainly NOT to blame individuals even if their mistakes lead to the goals that cause our defeat, That just installs fear and destroys confidence???, something that is so obviously missing. Come on terry sort it out take your share of the blame, then maybe we can all pull together and get some team spirit back.

Also should mention the from the stands piece from David Sutherland in the DD, couldn't agree more, the fans are being short changed, buying a season ticket not knowing what you are buying 18 (usually) 19 (sometimes) 20 (never) home games. That and the poorer performances may well have something to do with the dwindling performances. Like many previous posts we are considering our commitment next year.

Not all doom and gloom though at least we now know who our penalty taker is.

• Agree 1

I thought we played pretty well for an hour. Tansey looked good, he did what you'd want him to do in the middle. Hayes looked decent but not at 100% and we were completely untroubled at the back.

The issue is our defending, yet again. First goal, Tokely left his man at a corner, bang, goal. Second goal, TWO left backs are beaten and then the least mobile striker in Scottish football got away from our defence to score. Unforgivable. Third goal, Meekings was out of position by a couple of yards and then Tuffey could've done better with the shot.

The story of our season - promising display, lack of cutting edge and then defensive ineptitude. We have two international defenders as our managemetn team, this shouldn't be happening.

• Agree 4

We did look promising for a while, but it all fell apart as soon as we scored. We can only play with the players we have at our disposal, but what does concern me is how we utilise that players and how we ask them to play when selected. I don't think we are getting the best out of some of our players and maybe Butcher needs to look at his tactics. There seemed to be little point in delaying the substitutions as late as the last two were. Both Sutherland and Jones came on after the ninety minutes had elapsed. FFS we needed a goal five minutes before that............why the delay, is Butcher trying to prove something here.

I am simply deflated by these last two results and sick to the back teeth of watching McKay chase long balls way above his head aimed at 6ft 4in defenders, it is criminal. Tade has been poor recently and would find it difficult to trap a bag of cement. Everything that could possibly go wrong recently has done so. We have not had a great return from our strikers this season considering the amount of hits at goal, this is purely down to a lack of talent, no?

It is commendable to see one or two still trying to justify our team picking up their wages, but in all honesty, some of the stuff on display is the equivalent of watching the team under Brewster's regime and he was not afforded the same grace.

So, come on Terry, show us a new side to your undoubted charisma, a cutting edge development whereby we play the ball neatly around the park to our own players and we put the ball into the opposition goal. Is it too much to ask? It's a while since I have been so gruntled, please fix it for me or let someone else fix it.

Yours'

Mr Disgruntled.

• Agree 2

Sad thing that struck me about yesterday's game was if we had to go to Easter Road and get three points to move us clear of the bottom I do not think this team has the belief and mental strength to do it. I do agree with Butcher that there are too many individual errors and those do erode confidence and sap you as a player when you are up against it (and watching it on TV I wasn't sure at one point whether some of the players thought knocking the ball back to Tuffey after the early mishap was a good idea). This though is his team, compiled by him, and put out onto the pitch to play to his plan.

The fact that so many fundamental errors creep into this teams game is frustrating - failure to put away chances created, wasteful set-pieces, inability to perform at times basic defending does not help our cause.

After suffering through the full 90 minutes of our debacle yesterday I watched a programme on the Englands rugby 7's team and how their management team and players prepare for the 7's season and each of the individual tournaments. It is something like that if they are not already doing so that ICT maybe need to look to employ. And by that I do not mean who should play where but what do the players think are the other reasons they have not performed so well this season and what do they think can be done to help make this team stronger both on the pitch and mentally.

Who knows if it would help but something has to change otherwise next season will be a lot worse than this one....

Not heard the full interview yet....

From Sport.stv.tv

"That was totally abhorrent and completely against my way of thinking and playing football," he said.

"I'm the one who has to take the blame and it's my fault when my players can't pass, can't defend or deal with a long ball through the middle.

"It's a disgrace and an embarrassment, but we've had these problems all season."

From BBC Sport

"That 90 minutes just encapsulated our season," he said.

"In some parts, we were very good, but in other parts of the game we were absolute rubbish.

"We gave away a soft goal at the first because Ross Tokely was not marking his man. Kenny Gillet was then at fault for the second goal and Josh Meekings the third.

"In the second half, we had the back four from hell."

These statements are typical of the egotistical Mr Butcher. He has a squad of some very good players but he doesn't have a team. A person can make a mistake and that mistake may result in the opposition scoring but a team would get it together and counter the mistake. Put eleven of the worlds best players together and chances are they wont be a team. Think England have proven that on many occassions. There's no team spirit with us. There's nobody capable of holding everyone together as a team. Nobody directing play. No doubt I'll face the wrath of some but Richie Foran is not a captain. He's a screamer and a moaner but not a director of play.

Of the squad we have I've probably seen some seventy five percent play exceptionally well in games and I believe most can yet we aren't able to string a couple of wins together. Why? Because there is little or no emphasis on team work. That is proven by the managers after match quotes.

Terry, its the team who lost this game not the individuals. And you are a part of the team.

Terry, digest the bold bits and then either put up and shut up or ship out. Nothing will work without the TEAM

• Agree 6

From reading a couple of sources of the post match interview with TB I still feel upset that he never mentions the strikers lack of prowess at all. With disregard to the 'long ball game' he apparently does not ask them to play (someones clearly not listening then) they are doing nothing up front to warrant selection! I don't know if it's because TB is a former defender and that's what he concentrates on? And if so badly! But something needs to be done in our attacking line ups.

This is a ridiculous oversight and I would love to see some stats if anyone can get their hands on some, on just how many shots on goal and/or chances on goal that we have had this season compared to goals scored. Without checking I know that the former will be ridiculously high in comparison to the latter, and yes all teams can produce chances and not score but this current ICT squad are really taking it to new heights.

Can we do a Levein and play a 5-5 or 6-4 please? At least we may have more chance of not conceding goals as we're not scoring that many right now.

Perhaps what I have been alluding to fer months wasnt the drivel that most initially described it as ?

The togetherness factor has been well and truly lost.

Our good results and performances this season IMHO have all been closely linked to outstanding individual performances.

Just painfully watched the highlights... jeez hope Tade see's them too, what a useless article.

Anyway...

Rossco = fanny

Meekings=fanny

Shinnie/gillet=fannies

Tuffey= almost a fanny - to get beat by fetus head from there is bad.

how they got caught out so easy for so called professional players is scary, we handed the points to Hibs. feckin amateurs.

Edited by caley100

As someone has already said, for 64 minutes, we were so much better than Wednesday and waited for us to kick on after the penalty (stonewall by the way) but then the defence just blew up and we lost a game we should have won comfortably. Haven't heard the post match interview from TB and while it may be true defensive mistakes cost us the game, had we taken our chances up front, that wouldn't be an issue. We need to defend from the front, something we seem incapable of doing.

Substitutes today were baffling. It was obvious Tade was either not fully fit or so lacking confidence that he should have been replaced so much sooner. As for the last two subs coming on in injury time, what was that about.

This game could so easily have been won as could Wednesdays and that is the most annoying/frustrating thing.

Finally if some fans appear to be saying they would rather not renew their season tickets but go to watch County instead, then to me they ain't fans.

Missed this game, due to family commitments, but was kept up to date with the game by text. As a long term fan (of ICT, and Caley before) I attend all games, home and away, and no matter what happens I would NEVER go to watch County (home or away) in place of watching ICT and thats despite my birthplace being Dingwall (my mother's mistake - her being there at the time). There are good days, and bad days, for every football team and surely the good days must eventually overcome the bad ones. Every team has bad times, ours just seem to be having a run of bad, but..... Come on TB and MM, do the business, or ?? And get us a goal scorer, quick, or else....its just as well Dunfermline cannot win at home (please don't let JJ get their first home win against us before the end of the season - that would be the absolute pits).

Just painfully watched the highlights... jeez hope Tade see's them too, what a useless article.

Anyway...

Rossco = fanny

Meekings=fanny

Shinnie/gillet=fannies

Tuffey= almost a fanny - to get beat by fetus head from there is bad.

how they got caught out so easy for so called professional players is scary, we handed the points to Hibs. feckin amateurs.

A mature, well rounded, constructive post :slapme:

As someone has already said, for 64 minutes, we were so much better than Wednesday and waited for us to kick on after the penalty (stonewall by the way) but then the defence just blew up and we lost a game we should have won comfortably. Haven't heard the post match interview from TB and while it may be true defensive mistakes cost us the game, had we taken our chances up front, that wouldn't be an issue. We need to defend from the front, something we seem incapable of doing.

Substitutes today were baffling. It was obvious Tade was either not fully fit or so lacking confidence that he should have been replaced so much sooner. As for the last two subs coming on in injury time, what was that about.

This game could so easily have been won as could Wednesdays and that is the most annoying/frustrating thing.

Finally if some fans appear to be saying they would rather not renew their season tickets but go to watch County instead, then to me they ain't fans.

Missed this game, due to family commitments, but was kept up to date with the game by text. As a long term fan (of ICT, and Caley before) I attend all games, home and away, and no matter what happens I would NEVER go to watch County (home or away) in place of watching ICT and thats despite my birthplace being Dingwall (my mother's mistake - her being there at the time). There are good days, and bad days, for every football team and surely the good days must eventually overcome the bad ones. Every team has bad times, ours just seem to be having a run of bad, but..... Come on TB and MM, do the business, or ?? And get us a goal scorer, quick, or else....its just as well Dunfermline cannot win at home (please don't let JJ get their first home win against us before the end of the season - that would be the absolute pits).

A "bad run" should not predominate a season !! Afraid that it needs a lot more fixing than a mere goalscorer.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Tansey-knows-ICT-players-can-give-more.htm

Greg Tansey giving me reason to believe that this ICT squad will be ok... :shrug:

"Perhaps it was complacency, I don’t know, but we looked a bit nervous when we went 1-0 up," he said. "We’ve gifted them three goals really.

"I think there was definitely a lack of composure.

"It just seemed like we were a bit nervy and even though we still had chances, we still weren’t ruthless enough.

"We have dominated the game, yet we’ve come out if it with nothing."

This actually scares me a little if they can't put their finger on why the ar*e fell out of them a 1-0 up!