St Johnstone -V- ICT

Scotty

No rainbows there son, just a hard fought draw against a good side on their own turf. We could have been three up by half time, but the perennial problem of putting the ball in the net struck again. Hayes? I don't know how much more he could have done. Foran brought a great save from the keeper and there were other chances. McKay ran his heart out again, and knocked down a lot of second balls for others. Shinnie was excellent in his advanced role and Tuffey was good when called upon. Rosscoe, I suppose, redeemed himself and to be honest there were few signs of any narciccistic behaviour from anyone today, no attention seeking at all really apart from maybe one previous poster on here who wants to get off his backside and get to some games instead of constant sniping from across the roman wall. tiresome.

edited.spelling.again.

Edited by davie
  • Agree 1

Allright we didn't get the three goal win I forecast on Gringo's NPL but we could well have done so with a little bit of luck so my forecast wasn't all bishes bashes and boshes after all. Fingers crossed for another good performance against the Dons.

Keep on with the positivity!!!

I thought the game was very poor. We played well in the first quarter then from there we weren't great. St Johnstone were also very poor and I think a draw was a fair result.

The Hayes run and shot off the post was excellent and unlucky not to go in. Golobarts last ditch tackle after Saints looked certain to score was the highlight of the match for me, Lomas was kicking off claiming a penalty and I see he's been saying it in the press today. I am certain he got the ball. We could have won it an the end. I can't remember who it was, but the ball fell to him at the edge of the box and a low shot was saved by the keeper. I think if he had generated a bit more force in the shot then it would have beat the keeper.

Away crowd was 247. Poor game but happy with the point.

I just rememberd Kenny Gillets attempt at a throw in as well! I hope it gets shown on the BBC highlights! He threw his hands forward with the ball but slipped dropped the ball and then landed on the ball. Hilarious stuff and lucky he didn't get pulled up for a foul throw! :lol:

• Agree 1

Best moment of the game was when Sandaza had got round Tuffey and was about to roll it into the net when Golio appears from nowhere and miraculously comes away with the ball while Sandaza hits the deck and the Saints players, fans and bench go mental. Would like to see that again, but whatever he did it worked.

Thought it was a penalty at the time, now having seen the footage...still think it was a pen. Mind you, ref was crap all day.

Having seen the replay of the penalty I still feel the same as I did in real time. That is that it could have been given but very glad it wasn't. However the penalty they got two weeks ago was undeserved so as usual what goes around comes around maybe.

From watching the tv highlights a few times I would say he was trying to win a penalty from Tuffey and had already started going to ground but Tuffeys hands were well clear, Golobart got tangled slightly but only because the the player was already going down,he still won the ball though.

Good refereeing.

Just like against Celtic, the player hopes for a penalty and the left leg goes lame, if he had stayed on his feet he would have probably been awarded one over the next couple of steps so both players instigated their downfall,erm I mean instigated their fall down

What I seen at the game and since in the highlights is that had Sandiver not pussy footed around and actually hit the ball he'd likely have scored. As it was he tried to take a touch onto his left foot, never seen Golo come in, panicked and went to ground. Golo took the ball fair and square.

''sandaza fell over more than amir khan'' - terry butcher.

butcher also mentioned sandaza kicking out at golobart and trying to get under golobarts skin to make golobart react. very underhand tactics from st johnstone.

golobart got the ball imo and out muscled sandaza or sandamaras

• Agree 2

Just realised that whilst last season we scored 6 against St Johnstone, this season we achieveded the grand total of zero goals against them.

0-2, 0-1, 0-0. At least we improved defensively with every game!

Not really a surprise, our 'strikers' have scored 1 goal in the last 10 games! Thats Rory Mcallister stuff. our goal rate since xmas has been shyte, cant see it improving i'm afraid.

Just realised that whilst last season we scored 6 against St Johnstone, this season we achieveded the grand total of zero goals against them.

0-2, 0-1, 0-0. At least we improved defensively with every game!

Looking forward to the next meeting when we should win zero to minus 1.

• Agree 1

Not really a surprise, our 'strikers' have scored 1 goal in the last 10 games! Thats Rory Mcallister stuff. our goal rate since xmas has been shyte, cant see it improving i'm afraid.

Wee bit harsh that eh? When did young MacAllister get 900 mins of football and only score one goal? Can think of lots of people it may well apply to like Barrowman or Fetai but certainly not him.

Edited by Sorted

Cant get access to stats but i'm sure Rory achieved 4 or 5 goals over three seasons with ICT, albeit not all game starts but still a horrendous hit rate.

Tade has nine this season which is pretty good, but he's now reverted back to his early season useless state, Mackay reminds me of Dargo when he arrived at ICT, busy player with a lack of confidence in front of goal, so he might turn out ok but how long can we wait?

Hopefully the return of wee Hayes will help us create more chances in the opposition box.

• Agree 2

Cant get access to stats but i'm sure Rory achieved 4 or 5 goals over three seasons with ICT, albeit not all game starts but still a horrendous hit rate.

Tade has nine this season which is pretty good, but he's now reverted back to his early season useless state, Mackay reminds me of Dargo when he arrived at ICT, busy player with a lack of confidence in front of goal, so he might turn out ok but how long can we wait?

Hopefully the return of wee Hayes will help us create more chances in the opposition box.

totally agree the goalscoring potential is there it just has to be brought out in them through a creative player aka andy shinnie, jonny hayes. i dont think its any coincidence that our worst goalscoring form of the season coincides with andy shinnie being out injured.

• Agree 1