Cup Final Ticket Scheme

20,000 tickets allocated to Hibs and 20,000 allocated to Hearts.

12,000 for 'VIPs' etc. I think it's pretty disgraceful that with fans scrambling for seats, 12,000 will potentially go to non-Hibs/Hearts fans.

However, Hibs have put into a place a deal to ensure regular fans get priority.

Tickets willl not go on general sale untill 5th May. Untill then, only season ticket holders and member of their 'Club Member scheme' (not sure what that is) can buy 1 ticket. New Club Members after 31st December are not included.

However, if someone is not a season ticket holder they can buy a ticket - as long as they buy a season ticket for next season before 5th May. If not, then it's going to be a scramble after 5th May.

Hearts have a different scheme similar to the Tartan Army, using 'Loyalty points'. The more points you have (based on match attendances) the earlier you can buy a ticket).

I know a few non-season ticket holding Hibees that are going to buy a season ticket for next season - £400, just to ensure they get to the final. This will create a huge amount of revenue for Hibs. It will be interesting to see season ticket sales for next season!

20,000 tickets allocated to Hibs and 20,000 allocated to Hearts.

12,000 for 'VIPs' etc. I think it's pretty disgraceful that with fans scrambling for seats, 12,000 will potentially go to non-Hibs/Hearts fans.

However, Hibs have put into a place a deal to ensure regular fans get priority.

Tickets willl not go on general sale untill 5th May. Untill then, only season ticket holders and member of their 'Club Member scheme' (not sure what that is) can buy 1 ticket. New Club Members after 31st December are not included.

However, if someone is not a season ticket holder they can buy a ticket - as long as they buy a season ticket for next season before 5th May. If not, then it's going to be a scramble after 5th May.

Hearts have a different scheme similar to the Tartan Army, using 'Loyalty points'. The more points you have (based on match attendances) the earlier you can buy a ticket).

I know a few non-season ticket holding Hibees that are going to buy a season ticket for next season - £400, just to ensure they get to the final. This will create a huge amount of revenue for Hibs. It will be interesting to see season ticket sales for next season!

I really like Hibs' idea, although if I was a supporter I wouldn't be guaranteed my ticket. It's as good a method as any to make sure only the real supporters get their hands on tickets (assuming tickets do sell out before they have the chance to go on general sale) and not into the hands of touts and the glory hunting brigade. However I can see some folk getting upset as their will undoubtedly be Hibs fans who attend most away games and be real fans but have no chance of seeing their team have a chance of winning a cup they haven't won in a wee while.

Regardless of what you think, offering future season ticket holders priority tickets if they pay up is a very, very shrewd move - wouldn't complain if we used our house like that!

Take the point but if you look at the average home supports for both clubs then the allocation given to both is generous to say the least. What the system does is allow other, perhaps more genuine football fans who go to games elsewhere to get to view the showpiece game of the season. Don't really have a huge problem with the apportionment.

Why should someone who puts nothing into the game year in year out get precedent over a punter who pays into football and fancies a day out at the national final? Might even go myself as I fancy it'll be a cracker!

• 2 weeks later...

It is the Emir's Cup Final here tomorrow evening - Al-Sadd v Al-Gharafa. It is always a sell out - in fact in previous seasons they have actually managed to sell more tickets than there are seats but that is because the tickets are cheap and there is the lure of the potential prizes that are on offer for attending.

This year the big attraction that forms part of a half-time draw is a 'win a million' penalty shoot-out. In total there are 3 million QAR (500,000 GBP) worth of prizes given away and your ticket (if you get into the ground) is your entry into the draw to be part of the penalty shoot out or one of the other prizes (phones, computers, Toyota land cruisers etc) which are drawn.

Now that's how to get a full crowd.

The 12,000 retained tickets are not just for VIP's. They also go to players guests and hospitality.

And also a few thousand debenture holders who have an option to buy tickets for each event at Hampden, which is always forgot about.