ICT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Considering he was offside I dont have a problem with it,

I must be misinterpreting your post but are you saying that you think that was a good call as Foran was offside whilst in his own half?

Whats ur problem? is it Foran being off side or is it the own half words.

He wasnt in his own half when the ball was kicked but was near the centre line when he was flagged, he ran back towards the back line because he was off, ran back to be alongside the line of the defense then ran forwards again, low and behold the flag goes up, thats the rules. I got a pretty good view from where i was sitting. If the pass was played a tad later when he was level with the last man he would have been ok.

I would say it was a good call and I also stated that the linesman missed a few others, the ref also missed plenty of fouls.

I reckon Butcher will be changing his mind regarding "not having another mass clearout" this season.

As long as Proctor goes im happy. Was barely on the pitch a minute and instantly made himself a liability.

The audible sound of contracts being ripped up could be heard from the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium last night after another limp display. We seem to have no urgency, no passion, no quality, and no idea how football should be played. All we have heard all season was we can still make top-six, which turned to we can still make 7th, which will soon be turning to we might just escape relegation.

I have to say, regardless of changes/injuries, this has to be our poorest season ever. We had a better team when we were relegated, a better team in the first division and now we are lumbered with this lot. This season is a complete waste of space, let's forget it ever happened, our annus crappus. Butcher has now taken us full circle back to the Brewster era and I don't see it changing overnight. WE certainly have dug a hole for ourselves, a very deep one and it won't be easy to get out of it.

Plenty folk are finding it difficult to motivate themselves for Saturdays, and playing football like this will not make them change their minds, it's equivalent to stealing. Highway robbery without a mask on. There will be better games in the welfare league, more entertainment and excitement for there was no skill attached to yesterdays event from either side. To think Aberden were once capable of beating Real Madrid..............

• Agree 12

Yesterday was the first home game I've missed all season...I went down south with a mate to watch Bolton v Swansea. Sounds like I made the right decision! I normally go to four or five English matches a season, it's increasingly tempting to double that number instead of renewing my season ticket.

I phoned my parents to ask for their take on the performance - that's the first time I've ever heard my mother swear.

I think yesterday is one of the lowest points of my watching ICT (and Caley before them) Only surpased by the feeling of being relegated. For us to put out a team without a Scots born player is dreadful and to me is totally against everything that caley jags stands for.When the second goal went in I found myself walking out before the end for the first time ever and turned around to see that nearly everyone was following me. The majority on the field looked like they couldnt give a s##t for our club or fans and should be ashamed to pick up their wages. Going to the testimonial this afternoon boy do I need cheered up!!!!!

• Agree 4

I finally reached the conclusion yesterday that, well...we're not very good! I wouldn't even mind if we were losing games but still playing decent football. We don't even do that. Can't pass, can't score, can't defend. Oh, and pish at free kicks.

What summed yesterday up for me was when, in the second half, their boy hacked Tade down on the edge of the box when he was clean through. If only their player had known...he'd have been as well letting Tade have a clean run on goal. He'd have messed it up anyway. Thats how little confidence I have in this teams ability.

This season was the first for many that I decided against buying a season ticket. Best decision I've made in a while, as it's meant I've picked my matches rather than felt obliged to attend them all. My attendance has diminished as the season's progressed because we're just so dull to watch. I certainly won't be wasting anymore money on us this season.

Well after watching a cracker in which everton came back to snatch a 4-4 draw against Man United (not good result) i better make a contribution to yesterday's more drab game of the weekend. I went up yesterday knowing that it may be my penultimate game as a season ticket holder due to leaving uni and trying to find a job. And it looks like it may be a sad end because yesterday was poor without it being the poorest (st johnstone away and celtic cup home being worse) but it wasnt good. Bright start against a non existent Aberdeen but we never continued and it became scrappy and that was the way it remained. First goal was a shock and still dont know who scored but who cares it went in from sloppy defending. Then we went on to huff and puff for an equaliser with shane having the best chance but inevitably ballooning it over - story of the season no cutting edge. I feel that aberdeen should have been down 10 with the last ditch foul on tade but again only a yellow when had it been an old firm player the defender was probably gone. The second goal i have two gripes. Firstly, even though hayes was poor i wouldnt have taken him for Proctor, maybe winnal which still bewilders me. He is a striker, may not score hundreds but he will get us goals if he was played more but like quite a few loan signings they are here to make up squad numbers and cover but not given much of a chance. Secondly it was all to easy and again sums us up this season cant score cant keep clean sheets. Their were positives with Doran deservedly getting motm back from injury. Owain Tudor jones played from the start and not on as a 90 min sub and sutherland looked bright when he came on and hayes is doing very well in stopping any interest with some terrible performances which may mean we can keep him for at least another half season and see if we can get the best out of him again. But it has been very disappointing this season with players not making the impact we expected. Next season hopefully better, we dont need to completely change the squad but a few havent done enough and need jettisoning and maybe terry could have a good summer and find a few gems that will hopefully improve us.

Whats ur problem? is it Foran being off side or is it the own half words.

He wasnt in his own half when the ball was kicked but was near the centre line when he was flagged, he ran back towards the back line because he was off, ran back to be alongside the line of the defense then ran forwards again, low and behold the flag goes up, thats the rules. I got a pretty good view from where i was sitting. If the pass was played a tad later when he was level with the last man he would have been ok.

I would say it was a good call and I also stated that the linesman missed a few others, the ref also missed plenty of fouls.

First off - chill. I just didn't understand your post that's all. From what I saw it looked like Foran ran forward, checked back and started again. However he did all this in his own half. Regardless of the position of the Aberdeen defenders he could not be offside if he is running from inside his own half. At the end of the day it made no difference to the result.

Just had a look at the goals on the BBC website. Gads sums it up quite nicely I think.

Edited by RiG