ICT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/inverness/304111-terry-butcher-wants-inverness-to-finish-season-with-a-home-run/

I don't want to go on a rant but just reading this interview from a couple days ago, and then turning out a performance like today, it just baffles me what is going on. My old man said it was an embarrasment today which it was nothing short of. Butcher is always all talk but never delivers and after today I cannot see what he has as a plan b. Another 'funny' interview? Another 'we want the next game to be tomorrow as we're ready for it now' comment? Another 'finish as high as possible' day dream?

Cynical? Yes, but also realist.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/inverness/304111-terry-butcher-wants-inverness-to-finish-season-with-a-home-run/

I don't want to go on a rant but just reading this interview from a couple days ago, and then turning out a performance like today, it just baffles me what is going on. My old man said it was an embarrasment today which it was nothing short of. Butcher is always all talk but never delivers and after today I cannot see what he has as a plan b. Another 'funny' interview? Another 'we want the next game to be tomorrow as we're ready for it now' comment? Another 'finish as high as possible' day dream?

Cynical? Yes, but also realist.

I neither watched or listened to the match so can't comment on the perfomance myself but it sounds pretty poor. I have been one of many who has expressed the view that some of this season's poor results and poor performances can be put down to the injuries we have had throughout the season. We still have Hogg and Shinnie out but that is only 2 long term. It seams that as players have come back and the injuries have eased we've got worse rather than better.

Has Winnall got a "no play" clause in his loan deal? We're losing and the manager takes Hayes off and replaces him with Proctor! I actually have a lot of time for Proctor but when we need goals and you have a striker on the bench, why replace an attacker with a defender? I worry about the tactical nous of our manager at times. Perhaps that knock on the head all those years ago did more damage than was realised.

• Agree 1

When Proctor went on he slotted in at the back whilst Williams was moved up top. This was for an increase in our aimless long balls which Williams could, in theory, have won. Winall wouldn't have offered that same option.

I left after the second goal went in only to see most of the North stand was following me, it must have been empty at the whistle. What dross, a goal behind ,minutes left and they take off Jonny for Procter then concede another goal. Dire stuff.

• Agree 1

It was very strange sitting in the North Stand with barely anyone around for the last several minutes. Might have to get used to it for next season going by how many folk are saying they've had enough!

As for the game - missed the first half, wished I missed the whole thing tbh. 3 free kicks at the edge of the box and few other chances and not one shot on target, pitiful. Get Golobart up as centre forward must have a better chance than the other duds. What's his goal tally? 5? Could be top scorer. Shame most are the at the wrong end mind.

• Agree 1

For the first time ever I left with others before the game was over. Butcher's tactics and post match comments are a complete joke. Not for the first time this season I question the commitment of the players. I cannot think of one single player I would keep for next season. We are on a collision course with relegation in 2012/2013.

Aberdeen today were the poorest team you are ever likely to see at our stadium and we never looked like scoring, either did they.

Tuffey, Golabart, Tudor Jones, Williams, Gillet and Sutherland can all go. At least Aberdeen have a 16 year old to take on, where are our youth players?

It's bye bye season ticket and hello pick your games next season. Gutted.

That wasn't just bad - it was terrible. Started off okay and got gradually worse and worse as time went on. Nobody out there had a good game today - nobody. How Foran continually gets a game I don't know. Jones did nothing, Hayes and Doran had poor games by their standards and McKay offers zero. Tade had one good chance and then continued the headless chicken routine till he was taken off. Another point no-ones mentioned is there was no Scottish players in today's starting eleven - I find that quite a sad state of affairs.

No-one can doubt there's a problem here. There is, and it's name is Terry Butcher. Same old kick and rush tactics and the "blaming everyone but himself" routine is getting so bad, he's starting to sound like a broken record. There's no fight in this team anymore and what was left of the team spirit that was once so prevalent about this club left when Munro was shown the door. To quote BB King, the thrill is gone. If this trend continues to next season, ICT are in big trouble.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Might ruffle a few feathers here but did any one really care about that result today? Normally I'd be gutted about losing but after one win in eleven I found myself resigned to defeat even before the game had kicked off today. The only thing that was surprising was the manner of the goals. When that second one went in that was just the excuse I needed to get away from the ground. I just didn't give a toss about today's match and I think that a number of other fans are now like that as well.

Wasn't there today thank funk. Have been picking and choosing my games this season. Seriously considering getting my football kicks at Grant Street next season. If Rangers do the newco thing and get straight back in to the SPL it will make the decision a lot easier.

• Agree 1

LOL dry them eyes MUGS !!

Why are you repying?

Why are you posting on a Caley Thistle fan site if you have now switched to supporting County?

When County get relegated, maybe not next year but whenever it comes, who will you jump ship and start supporting then? Whoever is playing well I guess, worse than a gloryhunting old firm fan. They just stop going to games when they are losing, not pick a new team who is winning..

Dont let the door hit you on the arse when you leave...

• Agree 4

I'm lost for words..................this season has been a disaster, a complete write off, apart from the 6-3 at Killie, the rest has been tripe.

We need help, and quick.

LOL dry them eyes MUGS !!

Why are you repying?

Why are you posting on a Caley Thistle fan site if you have now switched to supporting County?

When County get relegated, maybe not next year but whenever it comes, who will you jump ship and start supporting then? Whoever is playing well I guess, worse than a gloryhunting old firm fan. They just stop going to games when they are losing, not pick a new team who is winning..

Dont let the door hit you on the arse when you leave...

Looked at his previous posts and came to the conclusion that he is a troll. A sad consequence of the digital age..

Just click his name and hit "ignore me".

Foran booked after complaining about being called back offside ... in his own half !!!!! Clueless officiating.

Considering he was offside I dont have a problem with it, he was off and started running back to his own half why do that unless your off and was onside when he receives the ball but he was off when it was kicked. why bother going loopy at the officials when your off?

The linesman was poor anyway and didnt flag for Doran or Foran receiving the ball whilst offside playing toward the north stand but whos complaining .

We were comfortable on the ball in the 1st half and controlled the game, once they went ahead we seemed to bottle it a bit which was a shame as we had loads of time available to make things happen. we still had the same players on the park but let them have the ball a lot more. unfortunately its no goals and no points.

Plus points Doran looks like the man to chip in with a few goals for next season.

Considering he was offside I dont have a problem with it,

I must be misinterpreting your post but are you saying that you think that was a good call as Foran was offside whilst in his own half?

Edited by RiG

Very disheartening performance and tbh its getting one too many for me this season. Time and time again we huffed and puffed and fail to blow the Aberdeen defence down and also yet again our own defensive lapses come back to haunt us. I didnt have a good view for Golobarts OG but he seemed to be under little pressure and yet again we fell behind after being the dominant side.

Aberdeen did little to test us throughout the entire game and the only clear cut chance they had was when Magennis took advantage of some unique defending from Proctor who was barely on the pitch before getting owned.

Dont care what Butcher has to say and dont care what the team has to say. You werent good enough but its past the point where words mean anything. Start putting your words into perspective and get your act together. Half of you have futures to play for and quite frankly based on today if thats your idea of earning your stay you can feck off.

• Agree 2