Kilmarnock -v- ICT

Scotty

I would go into a long winded report about the game (well done McKay and a stupid sending off for Hayes) but it doesn't mean much when a fan sitting a few rows in front of you has a suspected heart attack.

Care to elaborate Jay?

Not quite sure what I need to elaborate on? We (ICTFC) are an absolute joke (not very good at football). It's pretty self-explanitory.

On a side note, not only are we an absolute joke on the field but we are a joke off it as well. The management team is a joke, the "coaching" is a joke, the Board of Directors are a joke.

Just cause we get beat, everyone in the club is a joke. Can't see the logic behind that one.

On a side note, not only are we an absolute joke on the field but we are a joke off it as well. The management team is a joke, the "coaching" is a joke, the Board of Directors are a joke.]

No Jay, you are the joke. It's no disgrace to lose 4-3 to a side who are pretty much on a par with us, and who have won a cup this year against the runaway league leaders. To have run it close when we are down to 10 men isn't a joke either. You are entitled to your (as far as I can see) jaundiced view about the management team, but I fail to see how you can rubbish the Board in the same sentence (the same board who are trying to get funding to improve this side) Face facts here; we are probably about the tenth best supported side in Scotland. We live in an area that finds it difficult to attract talent and we have probably the smallest budget in the SPL. Our local patch for finding football talent is limited to say the least. And yet, for failing to live up to your unstated expectations, we are a joke. Were you at the game today? Were you shouting your head off about what you see wrong with this club to those that you blame? Were you going ballistic when we scored? Thought not. Tell you what, get off your arse and support this team on wednesday and next week, and bring Smee and the rest of these never pleased/ never will be pleased moaners with you. No excuses, no whining, just do it. Then I might just have some respect for your point of view, however condescending, twattish and juvenile you might seem when you put it across. And if you can't, you lost whatever moral authority you might have deluded yourself that you have and you can look forward to choruses of telling you to quite simply shut it. And, for what it's worth, I hate when we lose.

• Agree 5

Generic absolute pish

Where to start with this post, brimming with fail?

To not hold onto a lead, again, is a joke. To have another needless red card, is a joke. Me mustering the enthusiasm to respond to this post filled with baseless "facts" and personal insults, is a joke. Just who the hell do you think you are?

I rubbish the board because they have their petty power struggles and one-up-manship that ultimately does this club no good what so ever. Not only that but every last one of them can't think for themselves, they are all puppets, pawns, there to be manipulated by one man hell-bent on massaging his own ego just to be a "somebody" arround Inverness.

Face facts? We are absolutely not the tenth best supported side in Scotland, if you told me that in person, I'd laugh in your face. A ridiculous suggestion let alone one of these "facts".

Area difficult to attract talent? Pish. An extremely defeatist attitude to suggest this. We have excellent air-links to London and many other locations in the UK, and only our farce of a Director of Football can't use this to the clubs advantage to bring quality players.

I'll give you smallest budget in the SPL - had to get a "fact" right sooner or later, eh?

I was not at the game today. What's your point? Are you suggesting I'm less of a supporter because of that?

I'll tell you what, how about you stop being such a condescending "superfan" and allow me to do whatever I please? How about that? I have absolutely no intention of going to the game against Dunfermline. I certainly don't need to justify my reasons for not going to someone like you. You are exactly the type of "fan" that we don't need. I want us to be better. You settle for mediocrity and lambast all who oppose it.

Here's a little fact for you, I've lost no "moral authority" whatsoever. I never claimed to have "moral authority". What I do have, is a right to say what I want to, even if it's criticising the club WE ALL support.

I'll close by simply telling you to "shut it".

Edited by Jay_7

My condolences and thoughts go to the mans family. I was at the game and feared the worst at the time but didn't want to post anything on here in case the family hadn't been informed. I had really enjoyed the match today but the game and result pales into insignificance and makes you appreciate the important things in life.

Edited by bigjohn
  • Agree 1

I was at the game, our defending was terrible but it was entertaining enough and I think we'd have won if Hayes hadn't been sent off. He was having a great game but got a very silly second yellow.

As above though, I can't really get into the game because of what happened with the fan in the second half. I didn't see the guy fall but heard him hit the floor, it was like a dead weight. He wasn't moving and when the first aid staff got to him it seemed to take a long time to get into action but he was in a bad way. He was getting CPR and I think they were using defribillators on him but obviously it was a losing battle. I was speaking to fans who were close to what happened in the pub after the game and they said he was there with someone, it must be terrible. It's a cliche but you just can't care about the game after something like that. Very strange feeling for the last half hour.

great games of football but it doesnt matter. absolutely horific to witness. i was just a few rows behind and knew something was wrong.

my thoughts are with his family and the woman that was with him. it was horific for me cant imagine what it would be like for his close friends and relatives.

• Agree 2

Just back into Aberdeen but I don't care enough about the game to post anything about it just now. What happened today was an absolute tragedy. As soon as we saw the lad go over we started screaming for help as it was clear something bad had happened. Sadly the help he received wasn't enough. Completely heart breaking to watch it all unfold before your eyes and of course it will only be worse for his, I assume partner, who was at the game with him. Thoughts are with family and friends at this difficult time.

• Agree 1

A really sad and tragic end to a lovely afternoon in Ayrshire which started being all about a football match. Very distressing. I had an awful feeling before the stewards moved us to the lower section that things were not looking good for the gentleman.

Deepest and heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

• Agree 1

Hoped things werent as bad as feared when I heard comments on radio, however text from friend at match confirmed they feared the worst, as did contact from friend in home end. Totally gutted, as said many times before result absolutely immaterial.

Killie fans have posted very touching comments on their forum, very much appreciated and they unanimously agree result least important factor of afternoon.

Must add thanks to everyone for not posting details of identity here or speculation - would be easy to do so but let's wait for official announcement or posting from family/friend.

Really sorry for the supporter and his family. Terrible day.. Really puts the game into perspective.

I thought we played well and should have been 3,4,5 -1 up untill Jonny got sent off. We played great football but untill we went down to ten men we were fantastic. After that, Killie attacked and attacked and the inevitable happened.

None of that matters any more though.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

Very sorry to hear about the passing of a fellow fan at today's game. Not the sort of thing you expect at a football match, and such a shame to think that someone has lost possibly a partner, father, brother and friend. Thoughts and condolences go out to all friends and family at this hard time, the result itself pales into insignificance. R.I.P.

Right i've now going from being slightly concerned to worried. I know we can play well but atm we are in free fall. Wednesday is now a must win. Really wish this nightmare of a season would end!

No its not AJ. A draw will suffice. There's no way Dunfermline will make up 17 goals on us with only three games to play.

On behalf of all Killie fans I'd just like to pass on our condolences to the family and friends of the poor ICT fan who tragically died yesterday. A similar incident occurred with a Killie fan a few years back at Tannadice and it's very distressing. Football really doesn't matter when a tragedy like this happens, best wishes to all.

Sandy Armour

Chairman

KFCSA

Edited by killiehippo
  • Agree 8