Kilmarnock -v- ICT

Scotty

Having watched the highlights it seems like we were a chunk of woodwork away from scoring some rather spectacular goals. Not entirely convinced about the penalty shout or Jonny's first yellow but whats done is done.

Grabbing 2 goals can only put confidence in young Billy. And Foran actually seemed productive in the second striker role. I sincerely hope they build on this performance though we have failed to do that at all during the season but there were alot of positives to take from that performance.

Think Golobart should go back into the starting 11. Williams and Tokely are good but are both a bit slow and maybe arent the best pairing when it comes to chasing players. Golobart is a bit quicker.

• Agree 1

I have been asked to post the following from Strathclyde Police...

John McDonald from Milngavie, an Inverness supporter, collapsed whilst within the Frank Beattie stand despite assistance from the paramedics and club doctor, he was pronounced dead at Crosshouse hospital Kilmarnock at 1710 hours.

We would like to thank your supporters for their understanding and assistance on Saturday afternoon, being the first to be aware of the problem they conducted themselves in a very sensitive and sensible manner in regard to the situation, obeying the instructions of the stewards and police officers without question.

His partner was present throughout the incident and passed on thanks to one and all.

• Agree 4

I was at the game myself, only a few seats along from him. I'm saddened to find out today he did pass away.

Indeed life is more important than football. My thoughts and condolences are with his family. RIP.

Yes, It was a very disturbing incident and happened only a few rows in front of many of the away fans. Very sad to hear he passed away but it seemed inevitable from the manner of the collapse. A lot of people did everything within their power to revive John but as said, unfortunately he passed away.

Thoughts to those left behind after this.

Edited by tm4tj

Very sad indeed and a few tears were shed at Rugby Park. The football as entertaining as it was just faded into the background as this traumatic event unfolded less than three yards from us. One of our own fans went over to help him to his feet but it was obvious from there on that the medics were fighting a losing battle. I have to say that the doctor was onto it in a flash and tried his best to revive the fan but to no avail. Great effort by the team to try to revive him, they were doing their utmost for half an hour or so. Well done to the Inverness fans for raising the incident as quick as possible, unfortunately no amount of aid was able to reverse the process.

Saddest event I have ever witnessed at a football match. RIP John.

• Agree 9

The memory of Saturday afternoon and the loss of a fellow Caley Thistle fan will be with me forever.

The family and friends of John will be very much in my thoughts and prayers over the coming days.

• Agree 1

Not sure if it was this thread that is being referenced, remarks on Twitter or just remarks in general, but the club received the following email and have asked us to post it on their behalf ... I think this is the appropriate thread to do so.

As the brother-in-law of the late John MacDonald, I would like to thank Mr Butcher, his ICT colleagues and the fans for their kind and thoughtful remarks, which have been a great comfort to the family at this sad time. We also appreciate your plans to mark John’s passing at tomorrow night’s match.

The funeral will be in Inverness but we do not have a date or time as yet: I will inform you as soon as we know.

• Agree 1