Would you like to know the truth?

PaderbornCaley

Gavin Morrison is off to Iceland on a 4 month contract! Yay All hail Terry Butcher! Forward thinking there!

But, no. Gavin is off to Iceland for 4 months with 1 year left on his contract. The next 4 months will save money on his wage and the hope is he will be signed by a first division or an Icelandic club in the summer. There's no long term player development. It's all done to make sure he signs for someone else.

The plan from the management is that he will never wear a Caley Thistle top again. I'm not one to make things up, but this is the truth. I'm fed up with everything that's happening and i'm fed up with the way the club is heading.

• Agree 2

Gavin Morrison is off to Iceland on a 4 month contract! Yay All hail Terry Butcher! Forward thinking there!

But, no. Gavin is off to Iceland for 4 months with 1 year left on his contract. The next 4 months will save money on his wage and the hope is he will be signed by a first division or an Icelandic club in the summer. There's no long term player development. It's all done to make sure he signs for someone else.

The plan from the management is that he will never wear a Caley Thistle top again. I'm not one to make things up, but this is the truth. I'm fed up with everything that's happening and i'm fed up with the way the club is heading.

If that is the case, I am horrified. I thought it was because he hadn't been able to get match time since his knee injury last November and the loan was to get him back up to speed before next season.

Care to drop a hint as to the source of your assertion?

Edited by Oddquine

I don't doubt this at all and isn't surprising. Anyone who is surprised by this, well... I'm sure there'll be a bastion of club defending and all those who dare doubt the direction of the club will be cast out from being a "true fan". dry.gif

Personally I think this could be very good for Gavin but I dont think the Icelandic league will be beneficial beyond his loan period. I'd rather see him aim for league 1 or championship down south. Maybe Mr Brewster as an option. I believe he may have taken up the offer in Iceland to get game time in. He did suffer a serious injury and there are may benefits in Iceland to help him to full recovery.

I also wonder if this is a ploy to make a bit of cash for ICT. Not just a transfer fee but any development fees due to other transfers before he's 24. Could be a bit of a money spinner for ICT if the lad does well and gets a chance with a decent team.

Best of luck lad.

Could be a bit of a money spinner for ICT if the lad does well and gets a chance with a decent team.

If the lad does well and is good enough to get a chance with a decent team, then I want him in THIS team!

• Agree 6

The club have been in touch with me this morning and asked that I post the following on their behalf....

Capital Caley: We are not sure what his source of information is or the reasons behind his post on Gavin are, but the facts are as follows:

• No fees are involved, the club (ICTFC) are paying his wage, so we are "not saving money". It is certainly not about money and we see this as an investment in his future and an opportunity to broaden his experience.
  • The reason he has been given this opportunity is exactly as the manager stated to allow him to get that experience. The manager (as stated in the press last week) thinks Gavin has a big future (with our club) but requires to get games under his belt.
  • He is not out in Iceland so we can sell him on, he is worth more to the club as a player than any compensation/ development fees we would ever get at this stage of his career. As stated above he needs competitive games and the Icelandic opportunity came up and suits all parties including Gavin who jumped at the chance.

If Capital Caley wants to pop in to the stadium for a chat on this please feel free to do so.

• Agree 3

My own thoughts on the matter....

If, as CapitalCaley claims, this information came from the players agent then I would urge him (CapitalCaley) to speak to the club.

It's clearly not true and the only motive I can think of is that he (the agent) is trying to create a situation whereby Gavin Morrison would move and the agent would get his fee.

This is not good for the club (it's not like we have our problems to seek right now), it's not good for the player and any information that can be given to the club to put an end to it is to everyones benefit.

Glad to see the club have responded to this and I shall take their word on it. Particularly that they say that he is worth more to the club as a player.

Maybe the 'truth' that I know of is in fact wrong. I think many folk are concerned with signings etc and when I was informed about this I felt the need to post about it as I am sure a lot of people are concerned about the direction we are going.

Happy for a mod to either delete it or carry it on with the ICT statement.

The ICT statement can draw a line unerneath this, and i'm happy to leave it at that in terms on talking about it on here / in public. I'm happy to send a quick email as well to the club and leave it at that.

I too have come to the conclusion that the agent is stirring things up and I shall trust the club on this one.

Edit: I deleted one of my other posts.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 3

Dont worry Mark - I know who one of your "contacts" was - and that in itself is "proof" enuff fer me. And no trussed up statement makes any feckin difference. It is a really, really bad sign when the club start defending themselves on a feckin fan forum with wording of that nature. They are running feckin scared. This season will die instantly when we are safe - but it will not be forgotten - get an official feckin response to that.

Glad to see the club have responded to this and I shall take their word on it. Particularly that they say that he is worth more to the club as a player.

Maybe the 'truth' that I know of is in fact wrong. I think many folk are concerned with signings etc and when I was informed about this I felt the need to post about it as I am sure a lot of people are concerned about the direction we are going.

Happy for a mod to either delete it or carry it on with the ICT statement.

The ICT statement can draw a line unerneath this, and i'm happy to leave it at that in terms on talking about it on here / in public. I'm happy to send a quick email as well to the club and leave it at that.

I too have come to the conclusion that the agent is stirring things up and I shall trust the club on this one.

Edit: I deleted one of my other posts.

You are too feckin nice and/or were too feckin pisshhed - wish you could state who the actual "source" is !!

The worrying and sad thing is that the ICT Board are clearly running scared.

Seriously???

No doubt you'll pull the "Fishing Trip" excuse...whatever.

It's one thing to disagree with a situation, event or the actions of another, but it's entirely something else when you set out to be deliberately obstructive or to undermine just for the hell of it. It might be some kind of game played out by your alter ego, but that alter ego has turned in to a complete pr*ck.

The club did not have to make any further statement on the matter, there's press and website articles which already set out their position, but someone took a bit of time out to respond to the allegations being made to draw a line under a rumour that could have proved disruptive/upsetting to the player.

For long enough the club have been criticised for not communicating and when they do they get met with the above tripe. The club might not be get everything right, but I can hand on heart say that they are trying more than they ever have. Not only that but there are people who work hard to defend the fans right to an opinion on club matters, whatever those matters or opinions may be. So not only does your nonsense serve as a slap in the face to those at the club who are working to improve communication and relations, it's a kick in the balls to those who take the time and make the effort to speak to the club and make case for the fans.

It might have been a bad season on the park, but what disillusions me even more is this attitude by some that anything and everything that comes from the club should be derided. Granted, the club don't have a good history when it comes to honest communication, and the certainly don't get everything right, but there comes a time when everyone has to realise that you gain nothing when you're pulling in different directions. If the club can make the effort to try and change that, then surely it isn't too much to ask that we do the same. In fact I would go further than that, I would say it was VITAL that we all did our bit to put the nonsense of the past behind us, close the gap between the club and fans and get everyone pulling together. Scottish Football is falling down around our ears, and that's far more important than massaging ones own ego.

For what it's worth, I don't doubt for one moment that CapitalCaley posted what he did believing it to be true...and I said that to the club when I was contacted this morning.

R2D2, C3PO, Nanoo Nanoo Mork calling Orson or whatever other psychoanalytic pigeon hole you might choose to assign me to, fill your boots because I really don't give a toss.

• Agree 7

Seriously???

No doubt you'll pull the "Fishing Trip" excuse...whatever.

It's one thing to disagree with a situation, event or the actions of another, but it's entirely something else when you set out to be deliberately obstructive or to undermine just for the hell of it. It might be some kind of game played out by your alter ego, but that alter ego has turned in to a complete pr*ck.

The club did not have to make any further statement on the matter, there's press and website articles which already set out their position, but someone took a bit of time out to respond to the allegations being made to draw a line under a rumour that could have proved disruptive/upsetting to the player.

For long enough the club have been criticised for not communicating and when they do they get met with the above tripe. The club might not be get everything right, but I can hand on heart say that they are trying more than they ever have. Not only that but there are people who work hard to defend the fans right to an opinion on club matters, whatever those matters or opinions may be. So not only does your nonsense serve as a slap in the face to those at the club who are working to improve communication and relations, it's a kick in the balls to those who take the time and make the effort to speak to the club and make case for the fans.

It might have been a bad season on the park, but what disillusions me even more is this attitude by some that anything and everything that comes from the club should be derided. Granted, the club don't have a good history when it comes to honest communication, and the certainly don't get everything right, but there comes a time when everyone has to realise that you gain nothing when you're pulling in different directions. If the club can make the effort to try and change that, then surely it isn't too much to ask that we do the same. In fact I would go further than that, I would say it was VITAL that we all did our bit to put the nonsense of the past behind us, close the gap between the club and fans and get everyone pulling together. Scottish Football is falling down around our ears, and that's far more important than massaging ones own ego.

For what it's worth, I don't doubt for one moment that CapitalCaley posted what he did believing it to be true...and I said that to the club when I was contacted this morning.

R2D2, C3PO, Nanoo Nanoo Mork calling Orson or whatever other psychoanalytic pigeon hole you might choose to assign me to, fill your boots because I really don't give a toss.

Ok, I did say I will draw a line under the matter etc etc. I will go on what the club have said over rulling what I have been told and let that be an end to it. i did not expect the club to respond so quickly (and that's a credit to them) and so I echoe what CaleyD said:

"It's one thing to disagree with a situation, event or the actions of another, but it's entirely something else when you set out to be deliberately obstructive or to undermine just for the hell of it."

I have posted what I have believed to be true and untill the club responded I felt quite pi55ed off as it's yet again another incident that i really disagree with at the club. HOWEVER, the fact is the club have responded. I like their response and for me it effectively kills the debate so there's no need for further debate - not from me anyway.

I'm happy that they have responded. Johndo - I do see it slightly differently in that I think it's good that the the club are happy to make statments / interact and listen to fans. And I won't be saying names - especially over a forum! So I really have nothing further I can add to it.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 2

CapitalCaley, the "It's one thing to disagree with a situation, event or the actions of another, but it's entirely something else when you set out to be deliberately obstructive or to undermine just for the hell of it." was not directed at you.

You merely posted information (in good faith) on a matter which was of concern to you. I don't always agree with such posts, but I have and always will defend the right of every fan to be able to do that.

CapitalCaley, the "It's one thing to disagree with a situation, event or the actions of another, but it's entirely something else when you set out to be deliberately obstructive or to undermine just for the hell of it." was not directed at you.

You merely posted information (in good faith) on a matter which was of concern to you. I don't always agree with such posts, but I have and always will defend the right of every fan to be able to do that.

Yes I understand it wasn't directed at me I was merely agreeing. If there is an issue that I or fans don't agree with then naturally it will be debated - which is why I highlighted it. However, I won't slag off the club just for the sake of it or as a points scoring excersie which does tend to happen on here at times! I could also see that this thread was heading in that direction so that's why I've stopped discussing it, since the club have made a statement and I consider the situation closed.

Edited by CapitalCaley

It was/is serious - No pyschological or psychiatric crap required - "It is a really, really bad sign when the club start defending themselves on a feckin fan forum with wording of that nature."

The length and tone of the CaleyD response says it all. It would appear that moderators are allowed to dish out personal abuse but ordinary posters cant. :ponder:

It was/is serious - No pyschological or psychiatric crap required - "It is a really, really bad sign when the club start defending themselves on a feckin fan forum with wording of that nature."

The length and tone of the CaleyD response says it all. It would appear that moderators are allowed to dish out personal abuse but ordinary posters cant. :ponder:

Psychological or psychiatric crap only works if the people reading it believe in it....much as the continual citing of religion to justify just about anything which blatantly contradicts the tenets of any religion only works if the people reading it are already convinced of the rightness of their opinion as truth and of the complete and utter ignorance of anyone who doesn't accept that opinion as the truth the person propounding it knows it is.

In your opinion, it is a really really bad sign when the club start defending themselves on a feckin fan forum with wording of that nature...and you are entitled to that opinion... but not entitled to continually repeat it, three times so far in 18 posts, using varous words, when others disagree with you. Repeating an opinion over and over doesn't make it a fact....or do you subscribe to the Goebbels theory that if if you repeat something frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it?

Have to say I didn't notice any more personal abuse in CaleyD's post(s) than I have noticed in your responses to many on here, including myself..but then others can both dish it out and take it...which you don't appear able to do.

Got to disagree with you Johndo. The club spokesperson didn't need to respond at all. To suggest they are being defensive in their response is plain silly. For years many people have complained about the lack of information passed down from the club. One person posts his concerns about what he has heard and the club take the decision to put the record straight. Until proved otherwise I will take what the club says as gospel. Why? because it makes total sense to me. Gavin is a very good footballer and has impressed many fans so I assume he has also impressed the management of the club. Many people will question why a particular player hasn't featured much but they seem to be blinded by situation. Gavin suffered a serious injury and had a long spell of recuperation. Had he been brought in earlier, and agravated his injury, we'd all be screaming that the club put their interests before his wellbeing. As it is it makes sense for him to get a few competitive games under his belt before the pre-season and be ready for the start of the new.

Oh - and may I point out that it is merely rumour that I am a pr1ck and a follower of Goebbel !! Didnt think that the combination of two stalkers could be worse- but then comes along thecombination of the angry Oddquine and the righteous CaleyD !!

1. I repeated my statement (once) to clarify the point that I was trying to put across which was evidently being misinterpreted.

2. Making a statement of defence against an allegation is commonplace - surprised that it has happened all of a sudden in this instance.

3. Afraid that I reacted, probably as did Capital Caley, becos of my "interpretation" of the original source but I will not add any more to this one sided debate and put this to a rest.

WTF..............you go away for a few days and the fifth world war breaks out.

Rumours rumours, leave it at that. Maybe this will end up in the rumour mill soon.